Amazon Associates on Blogger - So Fantastic

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

If you use blogger and are a member of Amazon, life just got sooo easy to include Amazon products on your blogs. I just installed the "Amazon Associates for Blogger" on one of by blogger blogs. It is fantastic.

To the side of your blog, you can search for any Amazon product, and in 2 seconds insert it into your blog. I can't believe how wonderful it is. I'm filled with money maker happiness right now.

You'll find it on your Amazon Associates home page to the right under Featured Tool.

2. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

Cool, I've been building a few blogger blogs for traffic back to my main site. Mind if I ask a question? How do you find all the other blogs on blogger by category?

Like, I have a tourist blog and would like to exchange links with other blogger blogs in the travel section. But all I see is just how to look at ALL of them one at a time. I'm sure I'm missing something?
    hmm

3. Mike Rogers profile image60
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

I agree Nelle; very easy to use interface.

Kudos to Amazon for yet another marketer-friendly application smile

4. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the info Nelle! I will be sure to add Amazon to my blog site.

5. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I found it there a couple days ago and yes you are very right that it is easy to use and will help many bloggers make money.

In many ways Amazon is realizing the importance of affiliates to their success unlike some places like eBay.

Of course Amazon isnt perfect and they have some things that need changing but at least they are moving in the right direction.

1. Mike Rogers profile image60
      Mike Rogersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm still shocked over the direction eBay has decided to take with ePN. eBay was a real money maker for me for a while, and I know several larger eBay niche affiliate marketers who lost entire incomes overnight in eBay's "search and destroy" approach.

I'm unsure at this point if eBay even understands their own plan, whatever it may be, or that it is almost 2010 and not 1995.

1. Dale Mazurek profile image62
        Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mike you havent been here very long so probably never seen my post as to why I am bitter with eBay.

Here is the link to the post.  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/28194

The way things were going we would have made 10 grand at least during December

1. Mike Rogers profile image60
          Mike Rogersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I commend you for having the fortitude to bounce back from such a huge (and rather cruel) hit. The strange ways eBay has changed the affiliate program and particularly the way they arbitrarily dropped people from the program (along with my own bad experiences as an affiliate, buyer, and seller) have made me do something I rarely do: write off a company completely as a source of income.

Unless something drastic changes, I'll spend my time driving traffic to companies that appreciate my role and efforts.

6. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

We to stay write away from the company.  I know many people here at hubpages have made a lot of dollars this Christmas season using ebay.

I do wish those people great futures but I do warn you also that you should have other streams of income.

I know many like Nelle realize this but for those who dont make sure you build other streams or prepare yourself to have your entire income wiped right out over night.

7. Mike Rogers profile image60
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

I agree Dale, diversification is definitely a prudent approach.

One of my biggest methodology updates since the eBay debacle is to learn much more about companies and their plans or goals before getting too deeply involved or committed. Even if it's from casual business articles, I feel better prepared keeping up to date and on top of possible rumblings or issues that may be ahead.

I had always had strong reservations about the direction of eBay and their motives, and ultimately my instincts and the instincts of many were proved right, sadly.

Moving back on-topic, I'm excited however about the direction of Amazon for this upcoming year smile

8. Wrestling Freak profile image58
    Wrestling Freakposted 14 years ago

This is very good information.  I am no expert but i cant figure out why a company like ebay would bounce people who are sending so many visitors.

Write now in my wrestling Hubs I am focusing on Amazon and Adsense.  I will give it time, do a bunch of hubbing, back linking and see where this takes me.

Good luck to everyone.

9. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

::sigh:: I wish I could use Amazon but I live in NC.
    Unless some knows of a work-around that doesn't involve me moving....

10. profile image58
    kakinposted 14 years ago

I haven't used the amazon widget on blogger, maybe its because i'm just so used to getting the widget directly from them when a product pitch pops up in my writing.

I guess anything that makes blogger money is good for us right? they gotta pay for the hosting we use! (I don't think they'd enable that widget if blogger wasn't getting a cut out of it, what do you think?)

11. NaomiR profile image74
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Good to know! I've been thinking of starting a blog so I'll definitely include this.

12. chinweike profile image59
    chinweikeposted 14 years ago

Good information Nelle. It then means i will start taking my blogger's blog serious now.

13. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 14 years ago

Thanks for posting your experience with this Nelle.  I've known about the program but haven't given it a whirl yet.  It's one of my New Year's resolutions though to start a Blogger blog geared towards a niche.

14. Dao Hoa profile image62
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the tips Nell. I will try it on my blog later.

15. profile image50
    curioxatposted 14 years ago

Does anyone know if wordpress do anything similar and how effective/ easy to use it is?

16. Jaysmine profile image59
    Jaysmineposted 14 years ago

Amazon associates is an amazing program, I just got into it with my personal account even though I've been apart of amazon associates for the longest time, I never really used it.  Now I am so happy that I have it ^_^! I can't wait till my personal websites start ranking on GOOGLE it should be good income!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)