Free Rice

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Increase your vocabulary, brush up on your French, donate some rice, seems pretty cool, enjoy.

* I'm stuck at level 39, go beat me.

1. twuxedo profile image58
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been giving rice on Bebo for ages with an English spelling test.
      Mine is now way higher thn it was at start I think the words get used over and over so the repition helps. I must try the French.

Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It does seem like a genuinely useful learning tool, and if it does some good then even better.  I only found it about 30 mins ago, haven't tried the French, science etc. yet, will go check the rest out shortly.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's pretty cool. cool big_smile

Yeah I'm liking it, doing the geography now.

Have fun. big_smile

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Mrvoodoo!!!! *runs in and hugs* oh sorry hehe how ya been? I'll have to check out the website you posted

Hey Crazd, good thanks you?  Just passing through myself, but thought I'd share this site as it's actually pretty cool, good for the old vocab, and donates rice to hungry peoples.

And before anybody suggests it, no, I'm in no way affiliated with the free rice website, lol. smile

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

great rice...makes me hungry *lol* I'll have to check it out after I eat dinner hehehe
    And I'm doing good. I guess I am over my personal ban 'cause ppl keep telling me to come back. Got more hubs done so there was something good out of the personal ban lol

Didn't know you'd been banned, thought you left over that whole thread closure thing, which was certainly pretty annoying, but glad you're back anyways, you have a lot of hubs now, so yep, keep your eyes on the prize. 

Enjoy your dinner then go check it out, if nothing else it'll keep you nicely entertained for 10 minutes. smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did leave because of the whole thread closing incident. THat is why I called it a personal ban. I banned myself lol

lol, whoops, my bad, you can see now why I'm trying to get a bit of brain training in, it might take something stronger though, but not much chance of a storm tonight, so no chance of getting zapped by lightning. smile

Stop banning yourself, I hear it can give you hairy palms.

1. profile image0

hairy palms? *quickly looks at my palms* phew! no hairy palms here lol

I can hit you over the hear with a frying pan would that help with getting your brain working better? big_smile

lol, I'd give it a 50% chance of success, and I'm willing to give it a try. smile

1. profile image0

okay let me go pick out a frying pan to use lol

gotta go make dinner chat with you later and good to see ya MrV

You too, take it easy, and no more personal bans, lol. smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A self imposed ban?  This has potential, Crazdwriter.  This could be useful if a member is unjustly banned. (in some member's opinions)  A sympathetic, self ban from the forums by many of the usual posters would certainly make the forums a dull place.

4. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 14 years ago

You're right, freerice.com really is a great site. Great vocab. challenge and a lot of fun. Plus, rice gets donated to the poor.

I think I heard about them on the news awhile back and they're legit. Help Haiti from your keyboard, for free. Win-Win. Thanks for the info.

Hey, thanks for resurrecting the thread, it is pretty cool, I try to have a quick play on it most days, unfortunately as I suspected most hubbers are too busy arguing over whether God exists or not to actually do any good, but that's life I guess (and hubbers), lots of hot air, lots of talk, lots of bullshit, and no time to actually make a difference.  sad

5. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

neat!! off to check it out. Thanks Mr V. wink

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha, level 37..and I knew what omphaloskepsis was!! but only cuz of the choices...I did know it, but never would have remebred wihtout seeign the definiton there...and now you can donate to Haiti when you first click on the link. smile

No idea????? lol, but thanks for checking it out, I appreciate your efforts, how hard is it?  not very, but there you go, that's the human (or hubber) condition, it's easier to talk bullshit...  If these people are Gods children, or those who claim that you don't need a God in order to do good, then I'm ashamed of us all.

Sweet dreams, x.

1. profile image0

belly button meditation
          im up to 42, about a cup of rice
          im trying to figure out how to actually be more of a participator or something....but copmuter is bad....so, ill keep up the slow way till I get it figured out. Its cool, I like words and rice is a good staple. I know how it feels to go to bed hungry, and if I can do something to help somebody I will.

6. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

Pretty dark horse..aka maita...wrote a hub about it. Im on my Wii so I cant post a link, but everyone should check it out!!

7. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Justine what are you performing on your Wii smile

1. profile image0

great typing feats that require massive amounts of skill!!   its nintendo...
      oh..wii...ha ha... smile  hows your cock today?

8. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Doing preety good, just posted pics of my other pets...bust today.....I love the tennis on Wii...is your Wii the same as mine... smile

9. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

very thoughtful of you Mr v

link to help Haiti.great

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)