Edweirdo's Fantastic HubPages Forum Filter!

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (92 posts)
  1. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Okay this is great! I downloaded it this morning, and it's really working wonderfully.

We all know Edweirdo, a very clever and useful hubber who created the HubDefender tool for us all which detects hub-theft and assists in dealing with it. Edweirdo has also written many helpful tutorial hubs on other internet marketing and HubPages topics, and he's basically a mine of knowledge.

Well, he's created something new for us which many people have asked for here on HubPages over the last few months. A HubPages forum filter.

Here's how it works. On the Forums main page where all the latest activity is listed, with Edweirdo's add-on you get to check off which subforums you wish to see updated on the main forums page. In the left sidebar where all the forums subcategories are shown Edweirdo's tool places small boxes next to each category. This check off option remains there constantly, but very unobtrusively, so that you can change your preferences at any time.

If you uncheck a particular subforum -- such as the religion and/or politics forums -- this doesn't mean you can't go there, it just means that the constant barrage of inflammatory religious threads and very petty politics threads won't be forever offending your senses everytime you enter the forums.

However, should you be in the mood to discuss whether or not gays are hellbound or Nancy Pelosi is actually human at all, you can at any time click on the forum subcategory in the sidebar to go there. 

The way it is without Edweirdo's tool, there is simply no way at all to avoid these lunatic thread titles, unless you wanted to save each subforum under your own favorites or bookmarks and check each forum you do like out one at a time. That of course would be a huge hassle.

With Edweirdo's new tool, you can safely go to the forums mainpage and only see what you want to see. Get updates about news in the industry, exchange ideas with people in the HubPages knowledge exchange, and see what's up with your hubber friends in the Hangout or Sandpit without having to wade through christian fundie/islamic propaganda threads and the daily mine of misinformation posted in the politics section.

Of course, free speech is a great thing, and those forums COULD no doubt be great places. But generally speaking they aren't anymore, and nobody wants it in your face 24/7 when all we're trying to do is connect with fellow hubbers and stay informed.

So please don't anyone think I'm suggesting those subforums are bad. I'm just saying we shouldn't be forced to view their daily spew while on our way to better things.

If you too would like to have options in which thread titles are brought to you on the forums mainpage, check out Edweirdo's tool.

I'm sorry to report it only works for Firefox, however, Firefox has lots of other great tools to offer as well, so it's definitely worth adding the firefox browser, which is of course completely free.

Edweirdo's tool is free as well, if your cash-strapped, but we can all afford the $1.59 suggested contribution. I rounded mine up to $5.00 and find it well worth encouraging someone who provides so efficiently exactly what people are looking for.

Let me add I have no affiliation or relationship with Edweirdo, and in fact have hardly exchanged two words with him. I think I commented on one of his hubs months and months ago, and that's about it.

I'm just taking the time to let people know about this new tool because I know it's been requested by many hubbers. Well, thanks to Edweirdo, it's here now, and it seems to work great! And I really appreciate the way he saw something people wanted and needed and set about making it happen.

It is the Forum Filter for HubPages Firefox Add-On and you can get it through that link.

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I "rounded up" also and would hope that anyone using this would at least contribute something.

Right now, I'm running Chrome, but I have Firefox open with one tab for the Forum with Edweirdo's filter installed. I checked off the half dozen categories I care about and the rest are now gone. It is SOOOO much more pleasant than all the junk I had to look through before.

Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is Pcu! So much more pleasant for me.

I used to get irritated just looking at all the hateful and misleading thread titles under the pol and often the rel forums as well. Now they're all just gone. None of those strident voices sounding in my head when I don't want them!

I MUCH prefer keeping up to date on such topics elsewhere. This is not where I come for news or religious/irreligious companionship and discussion.

I just want to be able to enjoy some interaction with other hubbers and keep up to date on changes in this pursuit and keep learning from those internet marketers so much more advanced than I. With all the massive loads of 'OTHER' stuff going on here, that was difficult for me.

It's also like a whole different set of hubbers, I notice. Since using Edweirdo's filter, I haven't even seen not one of the people who normally would get on my nerves. 

All very pleasant! I love it! Hope he does up a Chrome version for all the Chrome users soon.

Nelle rounded up first, and when I heard that it seemed definitely worth it to me. I like people who deliver.

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I'm going to try it. I'm tired of seeing the craziness in the political forum. I would rather read comments from NYT articles or my local newspaper on these issues, at least people aren't ranting and trolling through every thread.

I know Edweirdo has the HubDefender site and noticed this on his profile page yesterday. I had never known about it before. Great idea to make a thread. I'm sure others will be interested.

It was your mention of having noticed it in the other thread that let me know of it, Rebekah!

So thanks much to you and Edweirdo, and I'm just passing on the word.

I've only been in the forums lately because I was too sick/tired to focus on working. I've been trying to avoid it all for months now, only popping into the knowledge exchange forum from time to time.

Now when I go back to work next week, it's nice to know I don't have to feel a need to isolate myself in order to get anything accomplished.

And it's SOOOOOO NICE to not see all those dumb petty political threads!

The add-on is simple and unobtrusive. I like that too.

3. rebekahELLE profile image86

NICE!! How easy and now I don't see anything from politics or religion!  You choose the forums you want. I like it.

thanks edweirdo!

4. Haunty profile image74
    Hauntyposted 13 years ago

This is it. Thanks bunches, Edweirdo!

5. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I agree, I uploaded it last night and the whole forum exerience is so much better. No sexual inuendo, no politics, no relgion, nothing that I don't want to see. It's so much quieter and focused, and enjoyable.

I rounded up to $5.00 as well, worth every penny.

6. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I just can't stand Firefox any longer. I switched to Chrome some time back and I will NOT return to that FF bloat, so unfortunately, i cannot use this.

HP should let us filter stuff out!!!!

7. profile image0

Maybe Edweirdo can modify it for more browsers.

Oh, I'm sure. I should just write it myself; I just never thought of it.

But really: HP should do this. I mean let us filter, not provide a plugin.

8. profile image0

But for some reason, this has never been a priority for them. They've been asked repeatedly and have really ignored the entire discussion about religion, politics, and sex. I think it's fantastic that a Hubber has done this.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, we did have it on our list of things to do, but as you can imagine, it's a very long list.  I think it's truly fabulous that Edweirdo took this into his own hands.

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Offer him a job Maddie - he would be a great asset to the team wink

2. Pcunix profile image91

Well, don't take it off the list. I don't want this stuff in my iPad either.

It would save us a lot of yapping if y'all published a list of probable improvements and kept it up to date as things changed.

9. profile image0

That's sweet Shazwellyn, but I think the hubbers that use his plug-in should just pay Edweirdo the $1.58 he requested. And we'll keep him on our team. Power to the Hubbers!

10. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 13 years ago

The add on is great! Thanks Edweirdo

11. lrohner profile image66
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I love, love, love this!

I hope that the HP team and Edweirdo at least have a discussion about linking to the add-on so that people will be able to find out about it well after this thread sinks into the oblivion.

12. Edweirdo profile image85
    Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

WOW!

I'm kind of overwhelmed by all of this big_smile

I have been quietly plugging away at this add-on for a few weeks, mostly in an effort to learn how to create a Firefox add-on as a hobby/side-project.

I was planning on writing a hub about it, so I put a link on my profile last night in preparation. Within an hour or two rebekahELLE found it and posted it here, and then the ball was off and rolling! Nelle and Pandora's Box soon came on board, and I was pleasantly surprised to see a few generous donations in my email inbox

Thanks so much to everyone who has tried it and liked it!

@ PCUnix - I plan on looking into Chrome add-ons to see if it would be feasible to create a version for that browser! But don't expect one for IE - I cannot in good conscience endorse anyone's use of that horrible bit of software wink

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you do one for Chrome, Ed, I will happily pay for that - I have a slow internet connection, so FF is unusable sad

2. Pcunix profile image91

I agree about IE smile

I looked into Chrome extensions. They don't seem difficult.  I imagine the meat of your code wouldn't change much.

1. Edweirdo profile image85
        Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've just started looking at it tonight, and it looks like the port to Chrome should not be difficult at all...

Then I will be happy to not look at it and send you some cash instead smile

13. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 13 years ago

I've just installed it. Brilliant piece of work!

14. rebekahELLE profile image86

Edweirdo, I knew nothing about it until I checked your profile page looking for one of your hubs. You posted about something last night, and it piqued my interest. Then I saw it sitting there so bright and blue on your profile and wondered if anyone else knew about it, or if I had simply missed it.
    It is just what so many of us have been waiting for. I was happy to make a donation. Thanks. smile

15. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I will definitely be getting this, my prayers have been answerd so to speak tongue

Have you checked out IE9 yet? while the previous IE OS versions were undoubtedly attrocious, I downloaded the IE9 beta till I had to remove it for testing websites and it actually works pretty well!

16. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Looks great! Just wish I had the option to "not have" the topic sticky threads if I do not want them. I understand the Hub Team announcements are important, but if I do not participate in the other things, I would prefer a quicker view to threads of interest to me instead of having to scroll down the page.

17. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

This is great news thanks, I appreciate your hard work and consideration.

18. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Thanks so much again, Edweirdo - I am off to try it out right away. If you do one for Chrome, that would be great too, as I use both browsers.

19. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Thank you, thank you. I was going to swear off the forums. Now I'll give it another try.

20. WoodsmensPost profile image63
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

Geeeeezzzzz I never felt so "left in"!!  I always run Chrome so I don't get the add on.. Pcunix if you do decide to do it for Chrome I wouldn't mind a copy sad  or Edweido or HP
    Have fun luckdogs I won't be returning to FireFox anytime soon grrrrrr

21. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Ohh…great Edweirdo…Do ya think we could get you to filter out some of them damn TV auto insurance commercials also?

22. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Watch.  By 10:00 p.m. tonight there will be eighteen threads about whether or not one deity or another will send people to Hell if they block out other people's religious spoutings.   lol  (or else how "The Devil" is at work on the HubPages forums.   hmm)

You're evil! lol

See even when I try to be helpful people will still think I'm evil.

What was that I kept getting accused of in the religious forum by members of a certain denomination?.. Oh shoot...

.... Ah yes! "working with the adversary!"

Well, geez, I guess now I've really done it!

2. Edweirdo profile image85

Perhaps the religious folks will be happy that they can now block the Gender & Relationship topic?

Now everyone can be happy wink

23. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Thanks Edweirdo, it sounds like a great plugin. I'll check it out when support for Firefox 4 is provided. I still hope HubPages comes up with a way to solve this problem because developing and maintaining plugins for all major browsers is not ideal.

24. profile image0

I do have a feeling that some folks in certain forums will be very upset when they find out that their captive audience is no longer held hostage to their topic headlines. It always felt that much of it was for show and manipulation - which is why I resented it so much. I predict that they will try to reinfect places like the Hubbers Hangout.

1. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We can always start banning people for not posting in the appropriate forums...

2. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the Hubbers Hangout is already too scattered and full of nonsense, and I used the extension to block it too. 

I'm only looking at about a half dozen forums and it's a blessed relief.

25. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Hate to be stupid but I installed it, but don't see it.  How do I use it?

1. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go to the main forum page.  You'll see your options there.

26. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Thanks, I just saw that.  Duh.  smile

27. lrohner profile image66
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

@Edweirdo - I love, love, love this addon, but it's doing something slightly weird for me every now and then. I used the Check All and then unchecked the couple of obvious forums. smile

Every now and then, a whole bunch of other forums somehow uncheck themselves and I have to go through the whole process again. Any ideas what's doing that?

28. Pandoras Box profile image59

I'm not sure Irohner, if this is what you refer to, but I think what happens is that only what would normally appear on page 1 shows up. So after removing all the threads in the topics I wanted to avoid, page 1 is a bit short, and you have to click through to page 2, page 3 etcetera.

But maybe that's not what you mean.

1. lrohner profile image66
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just know that whenever I quit my browser session and come back in (as that appears to be what's triggering it), about half of the checkboxes for the add-on are unchecked. Maybe that's because there are no open threads on those? IDK...but the boxes are definitely unchecked. And waaaaay more than the ones I had unchecked to begin with.

Irohner -

I don't think I can post a URL here (self-promotional?), so if you go the download page for the add-on, there is a link on the right-hand sidebar under "Need help with this add-on?"

If you head there you can send me an email and we can work out what is going on!

Done.

And just to keep this in front of people, every hubber should have this add-on!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/270587/

I haven't gotten your email - try sending it again? It's dinner time here, so I'll be back to check later this evening...

1. WryLilt profile image87
              WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Any chance there'll be a chrome version available at some stage? big_smile

1. WoodsmensPost profile image63
                WoodsmensPostposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How about a HP version but a Chrome version would be nice too.

I am working on a Chrome version and hope to have it ready soon!

1. thisisoli profile image71
                    thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm too skint to hand out money right now, but if you have a particular site you want a link to (hubdefender maybe?) I will write up an article on one of my sites and send it your way.

2. Edweirdo profile image85

For those who've asked for a Chrome version of this add-on, it's now available!

There's a link on my profile, or in the hub that RebekaELLE gave above...

Thanks again to everyone who has used this add-on and said such kind things about it big_smile

1. WoodsmensPost profile image63
                  WoodsmensPostposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks works great

29. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Yup, I made a brief foray back in the political forum and regretted it. No more. Love you Ed smile

The Arizona rep thread? Me too. Quite ugly. What can you say about people? Nothing I guess. I won't bring it here at any rate.

30. Pandoras Box profile image59

Oh yeah that's different Irohner. I just checked mine and they're all still as they should be. I don't know, weird.

31. Pandoras Box profile image59

But then I always save my tab on the forums, and a few others, so, maybe that's what keeps mine saved? I dunno.

32. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I have spent the last few hours without seeing any scowling faces, flag draped eagles or towering crosses. Nobody has warned me of divine punishment or implied that I am an idiot for my political beliefs.

I think should return to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/270587/ and donate again smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

isn't it wonderful? my unchecked boxes will forever remain unchecked. smile

33. profile image0

I have spent more time on the forums in the past two days than I did in the past month, because it is so much more pleasant. Thank you again Edweirdo. First Hubdefender now this, can't wait to see your next idea. Thank you again.

Actually it feels like the forums did when I first joined up.

34. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

I am using firefox and today the addon is not working for me. I get the original forum page.

Michael - Was it working previously? If you're having problems there is a link on the add-on download page where you can send me an email if you still have a problem...

Edweirdo -- I figured out what the problem is. My puter crashed a few weeks ago and I'm working on my old (and I do mean old) standby. Occasionally Firefox starts acting a bit funky and I have to use Task Manager to close it. When I reopen, all the forums on the left from HubChallenges (I think that's it) on down is unchecked. If I exit FF properly, it seems to be fine. Everything above HubChallenges remains checked. So basically, the add-on needs Firefox to close properly -- at least with me. smile

Glad you worked it out! Like most computer stuff, restarting tends to help much of the time wink

2. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes it was working great yesterday. I checked my add-on list in firefox and it is listed as enabled. I even diabled and then re-enabled and nothing happens.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
          Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I disabled the add-on and went to the link and Re-Downloaded and it is working for now at least. Hopefully it will stay working now.
          Thanks for developing this Edweirdo.

35. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

This thing is amazing, I have to admit I do have an argumentative side, and often get drawn in to relatively pointless religious debates.  Glad to have this filter in place!

36. rebekahELLE profile image86

hubbers, Edweirdo's hub about the forum filter is published.  I was just looking for one of his helpful hubs again and saw it, so I thought I would let you know.
    I love the filter, it's such a time saver for me and has made the forums much more peaceful. here's the hub, http://hubpages.com/hub/Edweirdos-Forum … fox-Chrome

37. Spacey Gracey profile image40
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Just downloaded this and contributed - works a treat - thanks very much.

38. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

Dude, that's awesome! It is such a relief to be able to block all the stupid forum games, and I've gritted my teeth and blocked politics and religion too. I do love a good debate, but they're one of my biggest time wasters and I'll be so much more productive if I have to go actively looking for one instead of getting tempted with possibilities every time I pop over to the forums. smile

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I blocked religion as soon as I installed it, just recently blocked politics because I found myself writing out essays trying to explain a few basic economic principals in there too.

This thing is fantastic!

39. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

bump

40. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Wow - this is so amazing!  No more P & R forums YEEEHAAAA!!!!!!  All for $1.59 - so worth every penny!

Jane,

I'm so glad you like it , and thanks very much for the donation big_smile

41. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I almost sent you a thank-you email, Edweirdo!  I absolutely LOVE the filter.
    Thank you. smile

42. rebekahELLE profile image86

edweirdo, we love you. thank you again! like Jane previously said, no more P & R! big_smile  it's a wonderful thing..

43. paradigmsearch profile image60

Bumped by request.

Yes, and I hope people are donating. Edweirdo deserves it and is not asking much.

I donated twice and gave more than he asked because it is worth more than that to me. I hope others have done and will do the same.    If everybody using this gave him just $5 or $10, he'd be nicely compensated and might have incentive to do other useful tools.

44. profile image0

I agree that this is a fantastic product. Any hubber who is frustrated with dealing some of the forums here should install it. It's super easy and works very well. I had almost stopped participating in the forums and now it's a pleasure to stop by each day.

And as Pcunix said, send Edweirdo a donation. I also upped mine to $5 and it's a deal.

Another big thank you to Edweirdo. Oh and check out his interview with Simone on the HP blog and learn about Hubdefender. Another fantastic Edweirdo product.

45. Edweirdo profile image85

Thanks for keeping this thread alive big_smile

The Forum Filter now has more than 100 downloads (Hooray!), but strangely, the donations seem to have petered out the last couple of weeks sad

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You single-handedly made this world a slightly kinder, gentler place. smile

2. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, those freeloaders better ante up. Are you still asking for just $1.58? I honestly would've expected more than 100 downloads. But I'm sure your fanclub will keep mentioning this and the donation.

I really believe that whenever you use someone's plug-in, it's good financial karma to send $5.00. It doesn't seem like much, but I'm amazed at the warm-hearted thank yous that I get. It's my version of tithing.

3. rebekahELLE profile image86

it's so simple to donate and it's so worth over the dollar something that you request. anyone downloading should donate for the time and effort it took for you to make this for us here at HP. I was more than happy to give 5.00.

46. paradigmsearch profile image60

I see that your followers were 777, but are now 776. I shall fix that. smile

47. Edweirdo profile image85

I also thought that more than 100 people would be using the filter - I think that number is so low because the people who are most likely to use it don't visit the forums anymore, and so don't even know that it exists sad

I just took a look at the donations, and it looks like less than 10% of those who've downloaded the add-on have given anything (although almost all of them have given more than the $1.59 suggested amount!)

1. rebekahELLE profile image86

wow, I'm sorry to hear that. only 10% have donated? they couldn't donate $1.58?  The only thing I can think is they are either freeloaders or don't have a paypal account, which means if they want something which asks for a donation, they shouldn't use it or make a paypal account.

You're probably right about people who may use it don't know about it because they don't enter the forums. I'll give it some tweets. I know there are a number of hubbers on Twitter.

I guess.. just know that those of us that use it, love it!!  big_smile

Thanks Rebekah!

I think a lot of people also do not even realize that they don't need a PayPal account to pay via PP - they can just use a credit/debit card without getting an account!

48. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

This is the best invention ever, theres some titles that i see in forums that just ruin my day and i rather not see them!

49. rebekahELLE profile image86

I just want to say thanks again, Edweirdo! I love this forum filter. No more ridiculous thread titles facing me when I browse the forums! big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)