Enter and comment on this Tiger Woods scenerio

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (30 posts)
  1. chigoiyke profile image59
    chigoiykeposted 14 years ago

The whole internet is abuzz with this Tiger Woods scenerio but there seem to be nobody mentioning this issue here. Simply comment about what you feel about his infidelity, his quiting of professional golf and his loosing of endorsements. What do you think about the whole issue. I personally think he does not deserve to loose any endorsement because of that fallout. its up to you. comment here

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

we should him alone, I like him because of his talent, he should shape up for his childrens sake

2. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I think it is time we left him alone.  He knows he screwed up and he is paying dearly for it.  Lets leave him alone and see if he can salvage anything from it.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, it's not like he is the only one and it is not like he was caught using performance enhancing drugs. He should not lose any endorsement deals, but those guys are hypocrites and will go where the money is.

It's up to him and his wife...period.

2. Paradise7 profile image68
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Big ditto from Paradise.  Leave the guy alone--it's his personal business.  The man is a golfer, world-famous, and must have temptations all over the place, because in addition to being famous and rich, he's GORGEOUS!  And seems like a nice man, if only he could keep it in his pants!

He succeeded young, and that presents its own dilemmas, which I, personally, have never experienced and therefore can't judge.  I'm sure many world-class atheletes and sports figures experience the same heady and overwhelming issue of having the world at their feet and it takes a very wise old head to handle it.

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

There were other threads. You needed to do a search on forums first. He hurt a lot of people, especially those who pay him, now they are going to lose and the golfing community will as well. Think about it. He is now off of the pedestal where we all belong, firmly planted on terra firma. Shame on those journalist who knew what was going on all along and kept it all secret. That's my opinion.

4. hublim profile image67
    hublimposted 14 years ago

He is one of the greatest men in sport today and it would be a shame if the mindless media pushed him out of Golf for good. I believe he should be left alone but that will not happen. The media are having a field day just now.

I can understand why he is losing endorsements, from a company’s perspective; he may no longer be the role model they wish to associate with their products.

His foundation is making a big difference to many peoples lives and like everyone else, we live to learn from our mistakes.

5. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

"I Repeat.... I Did NOT have sexual relations with that woman!"
    - Bill Clinton (ex-President) - Albert Flickmonger (bus driver)

6. coverley1 profile image76
    coverley1posted 14 years ago

I agree...the media are having a field day with this.  If it were all true, he would need a rest. It would be a shame if he gave the game away (golf, that is)...he is a rare talent. Shame! Shame! Shame! on the media who like tearing people down.

7. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I agree it's a shame but you have to show some self control. A person in his position is idolized by a lot of kids, he has to behave. As has been said many times it's not all about you we live in a community.

8. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I think we should leave him alone, he apologized already. He needs a break and he is human after all.

The media, print and broadcast should leave celebrities alone.

He needs to get his act together too because he is a role model specially to the youth,

and to his family too.

He should come back to golf after some time, he is an extremely talented sports person.

9. chigoiyke profile image59
    chigoiykeposted 14 years ago

Yeah I agree with you all, he should be left alone but I was just wondering, Tiger never potrayed himself as someone who can get involved with that. If he pulled some "stunts" earlier, this would not have risen to this level. He maintained a good man mean all through and then fell really hard. He just should move on though.

10. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Why should I care? I don't even like golf! Even if I did it would be to play not to follow some celeb who plays a game for huge profits, not really sure why people care so much about total strangers just cause they play games real good hmm

1. chigoiyke profile image59
      chigoiykeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry kirsten but that sounds like some hating stuff over there. This guys are talented and we should appreciate them. What if you write and nobody wants to read because you are making profits. You won't like it obviously. You need to celebrate talents so that you too can be celebrated.
      As tele vista

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know what, I will write stuff that my own friends WILL NOT read because it is aimed at making money. I accept that and am not offended that they don't come and ready my review of a holiday travel company or my review of the book the master and margarita, these hubs were not written to entertain anyone, they were written to offer advice to people looking for that advice. I have written short stories and personal stories to entertain and guess what? They do not get read by a huge audience and I am ok with that. I am not here for fame and do not want fame (would ruin my life actually! can't ever make any mistakes if you are famous, nor can you have bad hair days or be in any way imperfect).

If you are entertained by watching people who play different sports games thats fine, everyone has different tastes in life. I personally would rather go to the ballet then watch sports and I do not need you or anyone else to agree with me that ballet is a wonderful display of physical skill and dedication. I would not try to cram ballet down your throat and do not appreciate having sports rammed down my throat and my experience in life is that it is so highly valued that it is forced on people or else they are thought weird and socially undesirable. I do get sports get sports rammed down my throat and yes that has resulted in an extreme distaste for any professional sport.

My personal feeling is that there are many more important things in life to value so highly and in my opinion sports just does not fit the bill. I get absolutely no benefit from sports and thus I do not value it, I value those things that improve my life instead. From the scientists who work daily to cure diseases or solve problems facing the world, not for fame or wealth but out of a desire to make the world a better place get my full respect and admiration. My aim in writing is to contribute something of this kind of value, making things better and easier for someone, using the skills I have. I find it sad that the world I live in is one where sports gets more respect then genuine significant contributions to human knowledge, where everyone and their mother knows the name Tiger Woods but the names Marcus De Sutoy or Dr. Brian Cox are virtually unknown, its no wonder that corrupt politicians and bankers can get away with ruining the global economy and becoming rich beyond belief when we value sports and ignore intelligence.

11. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

he got caught.

12. bozzie123 profile image60
    bozzie123posted 14 years ago

hes a top geeza, anyone would have done it, who in their right mind would turn down a night with the ladies who come out and said they had slept with him, seriously ?

13. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Who is Tiger woods?

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Thanks Texan, you gave me a laugh big_smile

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its my job

2. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A large cat hunting in the jungle.

1. bozzie123 profile image60
        bozzie123posted 14 years agoin reply to this

that preys on sexy cats

14. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I also have never heard of this Tiger Woods person and am wondering why there are so many headlines about him or her.

1. dejajolie profile image60
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow sheltered, how's the air in that closet? I am by no means a sports enthusiast but I DO know who Tiger Woods is. Come on, give me a break...internet, news, etc.

I believe it is a personal matter and we shouldn't care, however in the world we live in today (and most recent years) celebrity lives have become "news" whether we(myself included like it or not)the masses watch it,or it would not be news. So depsite my own personal feelings I am not surprised that this is our headlines, sad but true. What he did was wrong, and in no way am I condoning it BUT he did not have a 'normal' childhood.
      If anyone knows just a little about his childhood you would know his dad had a golf club in his hands at 3 years old and that's pretty much what he did his entire childhood. I can't imagine there being any time for 'normal' childhood shannnigans like dating, hanging with friends, and developing social skills. SO you take this successful athlete and you throw him in a room with a bunch of bimbos, gold-diggers, women who are NOT requiring any social skills or intellect and well what you have is a kid in a candy store with no supervision, try telling them no. Should he have known better and practiced some self-control sure, considering he was taught and was allowed to develop as a 'normal' child. I am not surprised I just hope he has learned a lesson and realize if you're going to play with the Big Dogs he can't piss like a puppy!

1. bozzie123 profile image60
        bozzie123posted 14 years agoin reply to this

now why doesnt everyone else view it like this...

15. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

I got a chuckle out of John Daily offer Tiger Woods advice.  Is Tigers debacle a bigger train wreck than John Daily's?

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Advice on how to cheat? I think he qualifies as an authority.

16. terrowhite profile image58
    terrowhiteposted 14 years ago

We must leave him alone and see what he has to say.. and whether or not he come up with more endorsment.. wink

17. nasus loops profile image65
    nasus loopsposted 14 years ago

Tiger is a real talant and this should not be forgotten.  Yes he did wrong, but has anyone stepped back and looked at the big picture here. 

He is a normal guy with normal feelings, and as such, when he is away from his wife/partner for long periods of time he has needs that have to be met.  It is not uncommon for men or woman to stray and have affairs/flings when they live apart for long periods of time.  It is just a shame that due to his status the media has jumped on him and clung there for dear life. 

I say leave him alone and go pick on some other poor guy or woman who has done just the same.  The game of golf needs Tiger back and playing at his best.  There are more Masters tournaments to be won.

18. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I'm glad he went into sexual rehab and trying to work on his marriage and is serious about this by not playing golf.  It's not just lip service.  I think once this whole thing ends his endorsements will come back.

Personally, I think he married way too young and didn't have a chance to sow his wild oats and it's biting him in the butt now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)