I have a lot to learn...please help!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Theblackorean2010 profile image61
    Theblackorean2010posted 14 years ago

So, I get on here everyday reading about ways to make your hubs better, how to build your fan list, how to increase traffic, how to make money etc.  And, one thing I keep hearing is "It takes time" and I am cool with that but in the mean time I want to make sure I am giving my all to produce the best possible hubs I can.  I would love constructive criticism that can make my hubs better.  I am moving slow and only have four hubs but I am in the process of having at least 10 by the weekend.  Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.

1. TerryGl profile image57
      TerryGlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not for me, I want it now. It doesn't take time, it takes a little effort.

You have to make it happen. Promote your Hubs wherever, whenever and however you can. Start with pingler dot com to submit your hubpage url's to, submit your rss feeds to rss sites, write articles directed at your hubpages and build links. Social bookmark and anything else you can think of.

Remember traffic equals eyeballs and that's what we want to our hubpages and lots of them.

Good luck and welcome to Hubpages, every one is very helpful here.

Theblackorean2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a bunch for the tips smile  I will definitely check out pringler

2. awmoney profile image59
        awmoneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i totally agree, content networking for the win! You can also make video's, write on other article sites. make blogs etc etc link them together !

Thank you.  I am glad you said that because I do have a video I recently made when we ate Galbi in Itaewon that I can add smile

2. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Firstly please allow me to welcome you to hubpages.
    For a very concise and easy to follow method I suggest you read what BlondePoet, a very talented hubber, and darkside likewise have to say on the forum thread "Are my hubs that aweful?"

Thank you so much easnestshub and for becoming my third fan smile  I will read what she has to say and will also be posting more info on teaching in Korea soon.  Have a wonderful day!

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! We have a wonderful community here who will nurture you. smile

3. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I read your being single hub. I love the message you are trying to convey but you might want to consider breaking it up into two hubs. It reads sort of like an essay instead of an info article.
    Welcome to Hubpages. As Earnest said it is a great community.

Thank you Ohma.  I think I understand what you are saying.  So, instead of bunching it all together make the bold parts their own hub?

1. hubranger profile image59
        hubrangerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you I think. Just joined yesterday, got my third hub up and looking at a piddly low number next to my name, lol. Still, one day - I might sneak above 50 smile

1. WriteAngled profile image74
          WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not to worry. Your hubscore climbs up quicker when you participate in forums. I'm now experimenting with another ID, which does not participate socially. It took almost a week for the hubscore to climb on the basis of two hubs, now it's decreasing again due to lack of page views and no new hub input.

2. Theblackorean2010 profile image61

Lol at hubranger...so I'm not alone!!!  We will get our numbers up!!!  Thanks WriteAngled smile

2. Ohma profile image60
        Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Either that or at least in thier own section with a new capsul.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I've already Welcomed you to HubPages, but I would also like to let you know....if there is a particular HUB you want reviewed, then come to this forum like you have, but post your links to whichever you want reviewed/critiqued.

This way, people do not have to go through every hub you have. Usually, there are only a few hubs links allowed here, that I know of...

Example: if you have 20 hubs, you cannot post all the links, but you would be able to post like three or four. When the critiquing is done with those, then pipe up with more later on.

Try to let the Veterans, like Earnest, Darkside, Relache, Marisa Wright, Nelle Hoxie and Sunforged to help out with reviews. There are some of us, meaning non-veterans(professionals) always give input, but usually they are more specific and valued.

So, I am posting a few of your hub links, so you don't have to.

http://hubpages.com/hub/English-Overseas-Resources
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Applying-to-Teach-Overseas
    http://hubpages.com/hub/What-the-heck-is-Skype
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Teach-English-in-South-Korea

I'm off to check them out for you and will be back shortly. smile

WOW....THANKS SO MUCH big_smile

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

The below hub could use another capsule, to break up your text and allow for more adsense ads to be placed on your hub.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/What-the-heck-is-Skype

Next hub- This will be an updated hub on a regular basis. It's good as it is for now. smile
    http://hubpages.com/hub/English-Overseas-Resources

Next hub- This hub needs to be broken down into more text capsules also. You could use at least 3 more capsules. Plus, at the bottom, you have an amazon capsule and a picture capsule side by side, but there is a white spot, which seems to stand out, underneath your picture. I would suggest shortening your amazon list of products, so that white spot is diminished or made smaller.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Teach-English-in-South-Korea

Next hub- Again, I would suggest more text capsules. Plus, a few more keywords/tags. Not too many more, just a few(2 or 3).
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Applying-to-Teach-Overseas

Otherwise, for the most part, you did a lot better of job, than most first starting out.

I look forward to more Hubs from you. Enjoy your time here at HubPages. smile

I greatly appreciate all the advice you have given and will definitely make some corrections to the articles.  You noticed things I would have never noticed smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. Anytime if I can help. smile

6. yenajeon profile image72
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Welcome! I always love to meet fellow Korean hubbers smile

Thank you so much....nice to meet you!!!  GO KOREA big_smile

7. Theblackorean2010 profile image61
    Theblackorean2010posted 14 years ago

Hey everyone...thank you so much for all the advice you are giving I truly appreciate it and I am taking it all in.  I have made some adjustments to my hubs.  Thanks to Cagsil the hubs are listed below.  Please take a look and let me know what you think.  Have a groovy day big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)