T.O let G O. No Show, only Snow in Buffalo!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

No more popcorn,
    No more show,
    No more T.O.
    In Buffalo!

---Bills have decided not to offer a contract to Terrell Owens to return to the Buffalo Bills.
    Stats were down this year and he turns 37, but...there is no quality QB in Buffalo. What receiver did look good there?---

Now where oh where will T.O. go?
    Oh where, oh where will he show?
    He don't like snow,
    hot air he doth blow,
    could he get the dough,
    to play with buddy Ocho CincO?
    Who knows!

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I gather we are discussing football but out side of that I am lost.

3. Michael Willis profile image67

lol, yes NFL football. T.O. will not be back in Buffalo.

4. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

The Dolphins can use another receiver to match the Williams Brown tandem....

5. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Yep I got that I am not much of a footbal fan myself but you seemed lonely. smile

Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just got online this evening for a while. Been reading a few post. I usually post mostly in sports, sometimes others.

6. Michael Willis profile image67

And Parcells knows how to work with TO. he still has a few years left in him to play the game.

7. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Guess there is not a lot of sports fans here tonight.

8. Michael Willis profile image67

Nah. Sports fans kinda come and go in the forums.
    Came into forums for a break tonight. Have been working on research for  a hub.

9. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I just finished one and should be off to bed but I was kind of hanging out waiting for an opinion or two on it.

10. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

T.O. gone?  Hm.  Heard O.J. might be looking for work; he didn't do so badly last time they hired him...lol

11. Michael Willis profile image67

There are a lot of big name players being released this year. Heard today on NFL network that the NY Jets plan to release Thomas Jones.
    He would be a great steal for another team.

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

In 3 years with the Jets , Jones rushed for 3,833 yds- thats 3 years of consecutive 1,000 yd seasons. He scored 31 touchdowns. This past season he had his best ever with 1,402 rushing yds and 14 tds. But he struggled during the playoffs behind Shonn Greene who is now the go to RB. He was supposed to get a 3M roster bonus and a base salary of 2.8, and yes the Jets wanted him to take a pay cut. And so it looks like Fri they are going to release him.

Guess they are now in the market for Greenes backup. .. could LaDainian Tomlinson be the new Jet . .or maybe Brian Westbrook?

Will be interesting to watch who goes where!

It's going to be a very interesting off-season this year it appears. Lots of talks about players being cut.

yes Michael . its that time of the year!

So have you been watching the action going on at combine?

I did today. Saw the RB's and the QB's work out. Some were really good. I am impressed by CJ Stiller (?) from Clemson. He is awesome. Should go high in the draft for RB.
            There are some QB's that didn't throw that should have. This could work against them.

running backs were hot today. . I loved watching them jump! what pressure these guys are under. .

as for the qb's not throwing.. I guess if there agents and coached let them not throw they know what and why they are doing it.

What gets me is all the hype about Tim that they were saying. . he has to change everything about the way he throws! Ha. . .I wonder who is gonna pick him . .

I know. The media and a few analysts love him. he is Not all that!
                I wanted to watch more the last few days, but was recovering from tooth surgery. All last week was a bad week. Got one new hub posted, but hopefully will be able to finish 1 or 2 this week.

12. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Westbrook doesn't sign this year...he's talented, but he is too injury prone...put a concussion of top of that...hmm, he might be toast! Maybe

As for T.O...hrmph...He can sit out as well. My feelings wouldn't be hurt.

I think Westbrook should think about hanging it up. He has had a good career. Like you said, the concussion and the long term effect of that...life after football has to be considered.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)