Good burgers

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (28 posts)
  1. mr. daydream profile image59
    mr. daydreamposted 14 years ago

How do you like your sandwiches (inparticularly your burgers)?

2. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

There is no burger, in my opinion, superior to the In-n-Out burger.......which now I will have to fight off the urge to go purchase...

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thumbs up, hands down, the best.

-2 double double w/ cheese -no mayo, vanilla shake, please.

3. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

Mos Burger is the best

4. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

The best burger I have ever had was prepared to order from fillet steak and chargrilled. I've not been able to find anything to match that since.

5. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

I make my burgers myself from steak mince, with nothing else added.  Just fry for a total of about ten minutes both sides.  Great in summer with couscous, salad leaves, tomatoes and hummus.

1. WriteAngled profile image75
      WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And ketchup. As far as I'm concerned, a burger has to be matched with tomato ketchup smile

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll pass on the ketchup - although I luuuurve tomatoes in most of their forms, ketchup is one tomatoey thing I've never liked much. 

Beer is great.  So is your Cabernet Sauvignon (I like a nice claret).

lol

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Texas Monthy does articles on the best burgers in Texas. I'm plain potatoes, so I'm no fun, but my wife loves a decked out burger. She like's most of the choices where it's more fix'ns less meat. We check out the burger and the Tex Mex places.smile

7. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

grilled...medium rare.. Mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoe, onion, cheese, pickles....and beer!!

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't the beer make the bun mushy?big_smile

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

beer on the side. or as part of the bbq sauce.  wink

1. profile image0

I know! It was a stupid Dad joke!big_smile

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile sorry...

8. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I prefer a decent Cabernet Sauvignon big_smile

1. profile image0

You're a pretty pretty sophistocated burger bum!big_smile

1. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As far as my partner is concerned, no one can be sophisticated if they love ketchup smile

Me, I even love fried onion sandwich on bread spread with ketchup...

1. profile image0

My wife loves her garbage burger! I'm a ketschup, mustard, pickles and onions kind of guy. I don't like cheese or mayo, I know, my wife says I'm a freak! ( we like to tease each other shes just mad I can always counter with "what do you know you're a girl!)big_smile

9. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I came up with this burger one day when I had no traditional bread. It is REALLY good. I guess you could call it a Garlic Bread Burger? lol

100% ground beef, 85% lean. Seasoned and grilled.

I then took a frozen loaf of garlic bread and broiled too big wedges (that was the bun). Added a slice of provolone cheese on top of the burger and it was the most delicious burger I've ever had in my life. Unfortunately, it is super greasy between the garlic bread butter, the cheese and the burger grease. I might try it again with a more lean piece of beef.

10. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

There's a little burger joint in West Springfield, Mass.; been around since the '50s called White Hut. A burger 'with the works' is just pure heaven. big_smile Ofcourse you need to order at least three of 'em < kinda smallish > , but they're well worth it! big_smile

11. mr. daydream profile image59
    mr. daydreamposted 14 years ago

Personally, my favorite sandwich (in particular hamburger) has lettuce, tomato, cheese, and whatever tpe of sauce on it. But thanks for all your responses.

12. sarovai profile image75
    sarovaiposted 14 years ago

I like burger. But not very often.smile

1. Canklefish profile image80
      Canklefishposted 14 years ago

I'm kinda partial to Five Guys' burgers. Good stuff, and fries made the right way

2. profile image0
      Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

Meat (well done), onions, and pickles... no sauce. I like Fuddruckers.

3. profile image55
      probafixposted 14 years ago

With ketchup..

4. Faybe Bay profile image63
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Medium rare with grilled onions bacon and provolone cheese, grill the bun please and thousand island dressing, or green goddess if you got, mostly no one got.

5. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years ago

med well, mustard , mayo , ketchup , jalopenos, pickles, and pepperjack cheese ... maybe a few sauted mushrooms if I'm really , really hungry  smile

6. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

well done bison or turkey burger...jalopenos, swiss cheese, raw onion, mayo, pickles

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)