Creepiest experiences

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (59 posts)
  1. brianzen profile image60
    brianzenposted 14 years ago

Ooooh one time in the woods at night.....

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I saw a werewolf and got a fright smile

brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

De-licious!

I doubt any werewolf would hurt you...Bite you sure but not hurt you.

2. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My brother was sitting in the armchair in front of the picture window, cleaning his revolver. I had my back to him watching television. Our other brother had already gone to bed.
      I kept hearing noises, but when I turned around Butch was just cleaning his gun, so I thought it was the wind outside.

I didn't know it, but Butch was hearing the noises too, he was reassembling and loading his gun.

The third time I turned around my mouth dropped open in terror, and Butch looked up and saw my face, but didn't move.

His mouth formed the word 'What" but no sound came out. My hand was rising to point at the blinds as they were opening behind him, all by themselves. Butch silently cocked the gun, and said shhh.

Then I saw the top of Joe's head, and I jumped up and yelled Joey, are you trying to get yourself killed.

Our other brother had snuck out the garage and come back around to scare his little sister. He didn't know Butch had come out of his room and had his gun.

Yeah that is spooky.

1. Faybe Bay profile image65

He is lucky to be alive... He opened the window from the outside and it was dark. Butch had military training and was already sinking to one knee.

I was in basic training when my accident sent me home.

Yeah my brother had bum knees and ended up in the infirmary a lot. Finally they just used him around the barracks.

What was your accident?

13 mile run Ft. Sill Oklahoma, They use field artillery out there so it has lots of hills, guy behind me stepped on the back of my boot and I fell down a 300 foot embankment, broke both legs in multiple places and both feet, it took 16 months to finish healing correctly. I am okay now but I cannot run. I still do my martial arts stuff, and am sort of relieved to not be in right now. so maybe a blessing because some of my friends who went got it worse.

worst part was I was almost done and got to watch everyone else go on, I got my sharpshooter patch and my other badges and stuff but Had to leave. No regrets

Sometimes things happen to change our path in life, I was working construction, went from a size 14 to a size 8, my boss was saying before long I'd look like a body builder. Then I got hit by a truck.

I had just bought all new clothes. I know that is sick, but I could never fit in them again. My leg isn't ever going to be normal, but luckily nothing was broken.

2. profile image0
            Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a similar creepy story. My father was a Special Forces Green Beret and served three tours in Vietnam and in other conflicts. One morning, when I was about eight years old, I was procrastinating getting ready for school when I saw something. A dark figure seemed to walk into the room and stand at the foot of my bed. I remember that it blocked out the light but I couldn't make out any distinguishing features. I hid slightly under my blanket and waited for it to go away (thinking I was imagining things). After a couple of minutes, it turned and left my bedroom and went down the hall. I sighed, relieved that it was gone and had already decided to not tell my mother (who frequently upbraided me for making up stories).

Out of no where, I hear my dad yell "What the (censored) are you doing? Get back you (censored)!!" and he charged down the hallway past my room. He turned the corner while I hopped out of bed to see what was going on. He had been getting ready to leave for the day, so he had his sidearm with him. I found my dad stopped in front of the front door, flabbergasted. There were no other exits and he had chased the shadowy figure down a single doorway. The locks were still bolted. He asked me if I had seen it too. I nodded, and we agreed to not tell my siblings. A few months later my parents moved us out of that house.

1. profile image0
              wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's chilling.

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

late one night i was reading 'salem's Lot by Stephen King. i had been talking about this book for weeks, as i had been reading it, and my roommate decided to scare me. i was just at the part where one of the vampires was scratching at the window, taunting its victim, and just at that very moment, my roommate started scratching at the window (it was sheer luck on his part that he timed it at that very part of the book).

needless to say i jumped straight out of that chair screaming bloody murder. smileyikes

That's great! Oh you have to do a hub about Salem's Lot, then you could put in the story, or one on coincidences, that would fit and I have a couple I'd share. big_smile

2. brianzen profile image60

Nice!

3. profile image0

haha....maybe we can link to each other's hub smile

That would be fun. My brother was reading about Sasquatch, and in the book this farmers tractor explodes. At the same time a nearby transformer station got struck by lightning and the resounding explosion was enough to rattle the windows of his room. He was reading with the flash light under the blanket. Said he nearly had a heart attack. he dropped the flashlight and was tangled in the blanket in the dark... screaming like a girl he said.

4. profile image0

yeah. i had never felt a chill course through my body like that. i was so entrenched in the story that part of me on some subconscious level believed it for a split second.

oOo, another night, i was staying at my sister's apartment. i was sleeping on the couch in the living room. i had fallen asleep watching this movie about this couple who was kidnaped by aliens. Barney and Betty Hill. it was pretty creepy. anyway i was awakened by a storm, and the tv was still on, and the stove light in the kitchen and the bathroom light was on also.

well, i saw a shadow walk past the window and then this person started trying to open the window. just then, lightning flashed and i saw the silhouette of a tall man and then the lights went out and everything was plunged into blackness and, not fully awake, i thought i was having a nightmare and started screaming and my sister and brother came running out of their bedrooms and the next morning her window screen was pried off and the paper said a woman in the next apartment complex was raped. haha she yelled at me for screaming so loud! big_smile

5. profile image0

haha! the Fates have a way of toying with people, it seems smile

Whoa... That's crazy.

We had a guy come to our door with blood on his white tee shirt and ask to use the phone. He said he'd been in a car accident, and needed to make a call for the cops. My brother told him to go back to the car (having looked over the guys shoulder and seen no car, plus the guy wasn't bleeding) and we would make the call for him. My brother firmly closed and locked the door and then checked the whole house before calling the police. The next day the paper said they were looking for a killer in our neighborhood, he had gotten access to a house and killed the family. They caught him. He was wearing a white tee shirt covered in blood.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

makes you wonder how close we actually come to evil.

one night my brother and i were driving home and took the scenic route through the Thunderbird corridor, which was a mountainous drive with a few big boulders scattered here and there. it had started to rain, and as we pushed on, we spotted a woman standing in front of some big boulders. he slowed down, as she looked like she was holding a baby. i said 'oh we should stop' and as he slowed down and began to pull over, three big men jumped out from behind the boulders. needless to say, he sped off, and we did call the police when we got to the first pay phone and told them there may be someone stranded out there. it was kind of scary though; i mean, you never know.

Yeah we know we are spared for something, ya know?

2. profile image0
          wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I were you, it would have driven me nuts not to find out exactly what was going on.  So many scenarios to explain this one, some just fine, some awful.  It drives me nuts when I can't get the end to the story.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

When I was fourteen I used to caddie at the course at the Air Force Academy. I had earned the license for the $5 a round folks. I had my regulars and that was nice they usually gave me a nice tip. I would clean their bag and their clubs while they had a cold one.

I had this one customer who golfed a lot and had me caddie a lot. He wasn't a big tipper he always chose to buy me stuff. You know, sometimes it was lunch sometimes it was more personal stuff. I thought he was just really nice and wierd but, nice.

He had mentioned he was selling his skis and they were Head 360's back then those were some boards and they had step-in bindings! Well I had a old pair of wood Nordicas with cable bindings and double lace boots. I wanted to buy those skis so I took the money out of my savings account.

The next time he came for a round we agreed to have our transaction. He took me to lunch and was a little odd, he really didn't like our waitress. She was pretty nice and friendly but nothing really crossed my mind until we got to his apartment. He had the skis in his bedroom at first I didn't think anything about it because all my stuff was in my bedroom.

He grabbed me from behind and started rubbing on me. I didn't know what was going on but I didn't like it! I got away from him but he tried to wrestle me to the bed I started to panic. I got away from him and told him to leave me alone. I was really scared! I pushed him away everytime he came at me until he relented and took me home. I never caddied again.

I guess I would have been the same way about it, Any anger still?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No not really. I'm not happy it happened but at the time I was so asexual that I didn't know then what I know now. I didn't talk about it until I got married and I told my wife and when I wrote about it just now.

My favorite uncle died of aids and my sister is gay. I felt a normal amount of disapointment with both of them but I don't think about it much anymore.

I'm just glad you are okay. That's awful, people trust people and then something like this.

1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At the time I had no idea what gay meant or pedifile for that matter. I was fourteen I still played army with my friends I had no idea what sex was. I had only seen my best friends playboy maybe twice, I knew nothing but it really creeped me out. I was actually ashamed and was afraid my friends would call me a homo.smile

I won't even tell you what happened to me, it would just piss you off.  I am so glad you were able to fight and came out of it okay. I know people not so lucky, several in fact. You are a testament. Some do get away clean.

7. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

On a serious note I was in Grade 6 when I ran away from home. I remember it was 10.00 at night, no idea where I was.
    This little man about the size of a pixie jumped out from the shadows, with a 6 pack of beer in one hand and chased me through the street. I ran straight to the police station. He honestly looked like this;

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1229498_f248.jpg

8. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

I think it was the summer I turned 12. I lived in a small town and my parents were never really home. My best friend's mom didn't really give her a curfew. So we were walking around town at about 8-9pm. Nobody else was outside.

We were up in the darker part of town, where there were no street lights because we were sharing a cigarette and figured nobody would see us when we saw this van. It was just a normal van, but it was moving really slowly. My friend and I were both a bit scared by it so we decided to cut across a yard and go to the school basketball court.

Well, we went to the basketball court and it was lit up by street lamps so we sat down on the pavement, thinking we were safe. Then we saw the blue van again. It was driving really slowly by us, but it didn't stop so we just stayed where we were.

About ten minutes later, the van drove by again... really slowly. Then it stopped and a man shouted to us that they were looking for the Geirsma house. Could we please help them find it?

Well, my best friend's mom had always told us never to approach a car with people in it we didn't know. So she shouted "It's over on Pleasant Street! Go straight, turn right on Short, and it leads right to it!" The man yelled thanks and they kept driving.

About five minutes later, my friend's cell phone rang. It was her mom and she said we better get home right away, that Beth Geirsma had just gone missing. Beth was about our age. Just as my friend hung up, the van pulled up to the basketball court and two men jumped out. Well, luckily the school bus driver lived right across the street so me and my friend took off running to her house and she opened the door right away. The two men dumped Beth Geirsma off on the street and they took off. I guess they thought since we had seen them, it was better just to leave her there.

We kept seeing that van on and off all summer. And we started being kind of "Mama's Girls" to my friend's mom. We never really left her yard and if we went on a walk, she always came with. Luckily, they caught the men later that summer.

Oh Pani! That is truly awful.

9. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 14 years ago

I used to live in a house that was suposed to be haunted. 15 years of living there and nothing that couldn't be rationally explained.  You know the kind of thing, doors that open on their own, lights dipping, the odd crash in the night.  Then one day, in broad daylight the kitchen door flew open and I light heartedly told the ghost, nicknamed Fred, to sod off.  I swear on my kids life, that a mans voice breathed in my ear; 'But my names David.'  Creeped me out no end.

1. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice.   (sarcasm)

That would be creepy.

10. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

When I was 13, I was walking from my grandma's house to my  friend Kelly's house one evening and this big olive green car drove by me really slowly.  I didn't think anything of it, as it looked like the car of a man I knew, who had been to our house a few times, until another car came along and the car sped off.  Strange behavior.

A few minutes later the car came down the street from the opposite direction and then sped off when a police car came by.  I turned, and had gone a block or two when the car came slowly up from behind again.   I turned onto a one-way street, hoping to loose the guy.  I couldn't understand why he didn't just pull over and talk, if he had recognized me, but figured he must be drunk. 

He came down the street towards me, and stopped in the middle of the street about a 1/4 of a block from me, opened his door and lit up a cigarette.  I decided it was time to run, so walked up to the nearest house that had a light on and pretended to ring the door bell.  He left again.  I walked to Kelly's and stayed there until my parents got back into town later that night.

A few days later I was talking to the niece of the man who owned the green car and found out her uncle was in jail.  Had been for over a month.  A drug buddy of his had the car and had threatened to kidnap her and her siblings to keep her dad from ratting them out.  This girl and I looked almost identical.

11. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

The second most scariest time was a few years ago when my girlfriend and I were nearly abducted by arabs in Singapore. I don't think I will be going there again in a hurry.

12. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I was 5, picking flowers in the field next door to me, with my best friend from across the street. A brown car drove by slow, where I lived, we knew everybody...this was a "strange" car. It went past us, then stopped and backed up. A man wearing nothing but tube socks..white with red an blue stripes at the top... and white sneakers jumped out.

I actually thought he was going to ask where the laundrymat was...thank God my friend was with me...

That's like a date I had, The guy says, do you want to go to bed or what, I said "What? I'm not tired yet."

13. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

i was walking into a grocery store with my dad.(i was an adult)
    after i got the shopping cart we headed toward the groceries. a man of about 65, white, big glasses, almost bald, bad teeth, over wieght walked right up beside me. he said hi maam.
    i looked at my dad who was already moving between me and mr. creepy. my dad said just keep walking.
    as we went through the store mr. creepy showed up in every aisle we were in. my dad knew something like this throws me into a panic attack so he insisted we cut the trip short. we left the store keeping our eyes peeled for mr. creepy. thankfully i have never seen him again. of course i've never gone back into that store again either.

I guess Not! i wouldn't either.

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow... that was creepy!  #

14. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

16 years old.  Walking on a promenard with high sea walls.  A older man was chatting with me.  Passing the time of day.  He was really friendly - we discussed nice weather etc.  Then I looked down and saw he had his penis laying on the wall through his pants fly.  He noticed me looking but still talked about superficial things.

I pretended not to have noticed and said politely that I had to be going and nice to meet him.

I went home - still one more day in the life of human behaviour!

1. profile image0

omgsh

GROSS

sorry that happened to you sad

1. profile image0

There are a lot of em about Cosette!  Just sad gits really!

1. profile image0

i'll say.

and that telephone man...blechh! what a slob.

1. profile image0

Now that was disgusting!  I dare not report him - he knew where I lived!

15. brianzen profile image60
    brianzenposted 14 years ago

That is awful, And what a creep. The irresponsibility or perverts like that just proves how selfish they are, One sick little thrill that causes someone to be traumatized. That is why I believe in exceptions to the no violence thing "how else do you teach that person right from wrong!"

1. profile image0

Brianzen... I wasn't traumatized by it.  I was bemused.  I kept on thinking the guy was unaware.  I dont like to think bad of people.  Actually, I think it was funny - fancy someone doing that?  Creepy, but funny!

16. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Now this WAS creepy!....When the kids were little, the telephone man came to sort out the phone sockets etc.  He had 'that look' in his eyes - watching me whilst doing his work, you know... THAT LOOK!

Anyway, he finished the job, asked to use the loo and left.  When I went up to the toilet, he left a deposit in the bath (sperm sample is the best way to describe it).  He must have been getting off of the thought of me finding it after he left - now that was creepy!!!

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yuck!

1. profile image0

I couldnt actually believe it was what it was.  You think... soap? Of course it wasnt. 

I told my husband, but it was as if it didnt go in, you know?

2. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

1. profile image0

I bet I werent the only one!

17. creepy profile image55
    creepyposted 14 years ago

Creepiest experiences

being born  i didnt think i was ever gonna get through that tunnel

18. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

One of my most creepiest experiences was in an abandoned house we were playing in as kids and there was a back room which I'm not quite sure what kind of room it was as the walls were all ripped out. and because the house had no windows or curtains blocking the light from outside it was really bright and airy in there and I was the last to leave that room, when something pushed me to the floor, I half expected it to be one of my friends when I looked up and them say ha ha or something and there was no one there....needless to say I never went in that house and even when it got refurbished I never went near it.....

19. srwnson profile image60
    srwnsonposted 14 years ago

The Pickens County Courthouse in Carrollton, Alabama has the face of a man accused of rape and hanged inprinted on one of its windows. I saw it in the daylight but still.... yikes

20. defenestratethis profile image59
    defenestratethisposted 14 years ago

I took my kids to a traveling carnival once. My youngest daughter and I went on one of the rides, the 'Zipper'..I think it was. When the ride finished, the guy running it told me he wouldnt let us off until I told him what it was I'd said to him. I'd never said anything to him nor even looked in his direction. But, he stood there just staring out us with this crazy look in his eyes...finally he let us go.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)