Rude Greetings?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (75 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

What's the rudest way a person has ever greeted you or someone you knew?

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

" 'sup bitch?"
      "outta my way..strawberry"
      "what the hell do YOU want?"
      "Oh, its .you.."
      "Is that your face or did your neck throw up?"
      .....I could go on for days...

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, that's quite a list...i'm sorry you had to put up with that.

1. profile image0

meh..long past. way over it.  smile I was young, I know better now!!

1. profile image55
            Clever-Pseudonymposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Nice !

2. TheGlassSpider profile image66
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God are you SERIOUS? Yikes, I'm sorry people are so mean.

What's up with the "strawberry" thing...and why do you find it insulting? I kinda think strawberries are cute.

1. profile image0

oh, it was sooo long ago. I was in Walmart, my hair was reddish from being in the sun all summer...some old guy with a giant belt buckle said it..he was sort of creepy.

And yeah, peopel can be mean, but Im big now and dont put up with it!

3. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Talking to you in that way was a sign of someone with very low intelligence.  I am sorry you had to go through this sad

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have been thinking about this for a while and i honestly can't think of any time when anyone greeted me with any rude comment, but when i was 12 i was walking home from school along the canal bank and there were these three high school boys on the other side and they were trying to get my attention making catcalls and whistling so i looked over and the one in the middle had pulled down his pants and was bent over, exposing the biggest, pastiest butt i had ever seen in my life. it looked like a big blob of rising bread dough. yikes

yikes, i had forgotten about that all these years.

i do get some rude clerks sometimes...they kind of roll their eyes at me and go "NEXT"...i just smile at them and ask if they are having a pleasant day and by the time the transaction is over they are all chatty and friendly.

1. profile image0

lol  lol  my husband thinks its funny to  moon peopel.....its not good

pastey..hahahahhahahah

1. profile image0

How can anyone moon in the daytime?  Surely this has to be a night time activity! hahaha

TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Oh man...it's funny you should ask this.

I went to Ireland with my college choir in April of 2000. Of course, we didn't think anything of it, but there were some black girls in the choir. On one of our first nights there, we all went out to a restaurant/pub in Bunratty. We were having a great time to ourselves when one of the guys in the pub walks up to the table, looks at my black friend, and says:

"Beggin' yer pardon ma'am, but me buddies n I'd like to know if yer black all over."

I swear, I think my jaw hit the floor--it only occurred to me to punch the guy after the shock wore off. Fortunately, my friend didn't bat an eye. Quick as you please she looked him up and down and said, "You'll never find out."

1. profile image0

wow, i'm terribly sorry to hear that happened to your friend and you. it amazes me how ignorant people are at times.

2. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your friend has obviously endured such crap before and good for her to put him in his place like that.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image66

Yeah. I thought it was the best comeback ever...but it's a shame that she was "at the ready." It just goes to show what kind of stupidity and hatred runs rampant in the world.

3. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She is good!  Oh for wittiness.

4. profile image0

Wow... some of them really havnt seen a black guy because they live way out in the back of beyond!  Im sorry they were ignorant - the Irish are generally the best for hospitality!

I will tell you one thing... a kid of my friends went for a trip to a city - we live in a rural area.  He saw some black kids and came back asking why they were so dirty..  He had never seen a black kid before;  the point that I am making is that if people arent exposed to diversity, then this makes them ignorant.
      The kid isnt ignorant anymore - now he has experienced diversity in a city (thanks to the school, linking up with an inner city school - they knew that our community isnt diverse or rich in cross cultural influences).x

I definitely get that...I just don't know if that's all that was going on in that particular situation (I think he was also "trying" to come on to her) there was another black person in the pub who wasn't with us...LOL.

But fortunately, the rest of the trip was wonderful, and that guy was the exception rather than the rule. And still...it was the best comeback I've ever had the opportunity to witness. lol

3. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I was grocery shopping and this tourist (obvious by the color of his skin) in the cleaning isle grabbed his privates, and asked, "Want a piece of me?" 

I turned around and left that isle.

When I was in college, a number of my guy 'friends' routinely greeted every girl they knew with "Hey B*tch!"  Yeah, real sweet hearts.

1. profile image0

they sound like real jerks if you ask me. no wonder chivalry is almost dead in this country.  you have  too morons representing us guys.  i'm sorry to hear you had to put up with that.

1. Ivorwen profile image66
        Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know, there are a few jerks out there, but I meet lots of nice people every time I go out.  When I rolled my vehicle a few years ago, at least five men stopped to help.  They took care of everything, including putting out the fire in the engine, making sure everyone was out of the vehicle and calling the police.  One man loaned me his phone to call my husband, and several others stayed around until I had a ride home.  All took time out of their day to help a stranger. 

I am glad to say I have only ran into a handful of jerks.

1. profile image0

that's good.  well i'm glad you don't bump into guys like that too often then.  you seem like a nice person, so i hope you won't run into anymore jerks in your lifetime.

I think I've met this guy. The correct response is, "Sure...as long as I get to take it home and put it in the blender."

I'm sorry you've had to deal with crap like that.

4. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I was just telling Justine about this encounter I had the other day. I can't really call this a greeting but..

I was at a gas station I go to quite a bit standing in line to pay for my gas and other things when this guy behind me says to me "I sure would like to suck your toes and other things too" I turned around and was actually speechless...The guy looked ok, I mean had nice clothes and was clean...not like some crazy guy or anything.. Even the cashier was flabbergasted..I just tossed my money on the counter and walked out to get in my car before this freak came out. I was thinking to myself did I just step into the twilight zone or what?? That was very weird and a bit scary too!!

Eww. I would have gotten the creeps as well. It's crap like that that makes me wanna carry a can of mace....

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Okay, I'm not sure how you'll take this but here it is.

I was once sitting at a bar, my local neighborhood bar, where everyone knows my name, kind of place. As to say, I spent a lot of time there over the years.

One night I see a very sexy girl sitting on the opposite side of the bar, she had been sitting there for quite some time just drinking. So, I bought her a drink.

As she accepted the drink, she gets up from her seat and begins walking over toward me. I was thinking that she was coming over to say thank you personally, instead of just the acknowledgment of a nod.

However, when she approached me, her demeanor changed and said to me, what made a boy like me think she would be interested?

My response was to tell her- that is she saw a boy anywhere in the bar, then by all means, she is to get on her hands and knees and make him a man.

So, you take it how you like. smile

1. profile image0

wow, that  girl sounds like a heartless woman if you ask me.  i don't know why she would be rude to you like that. personally, even if you weren't her type, she could've at least tried to be civil with you since you did buy her the drink.  oh well, some people just don't have good manners these days.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's an ego that comes with wealth. wink

6. profile image0

lol i wouldn't know. i've never been wealthy.

7. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

My wife, very very ill at the time, was with me in our rental car in Sierra Vista, Arizona (near where we live now) in 1999.  Her very pregnant daughter was in the back seat.  We'd been uptown to get the ladies' hair done for the daughter's high school graduation (which was to be held that evening).  As we pulled into the parking lot at our motel, we were greeted by five black men who had checked into the room next to ours.  These men had harrassed my wife verbally a few hours earlier during my absence but had not been in evidence when Sarah (daughter) and I'd gotten back from that errand.

One of the five, a very skinny dude we forever after referred to as "the pants dancer" was jigging around directly in front of our room door, blocking it actually, looking very smug.

Pam tells me that although I did put the transmission in Park, I was actually OUT of the vehicle before it came to a full stop, stomping toward the 5 of them and bellowing in full warcry, "YOU GOT A PROBLEM?!!"  So I guess my return greeting wasn't all that polite, either.

I went belly to belly with the clear leader.  We had a pretty intense confrontation.  When I offered to bring the police into the conversation, though, things suddenly got quite civil.

By the time all was said and done, the pants dancer wanted to go around the corner of the building alone with me.  This terrified my wife, who was sure he was going to pull a knife or pistol or SOMETHING.  I knew better, assigned Sarah (daughter) to keep Pam from calling 911, and went.

Turned out the young man--who by now had been fully informed as to just how ill Pam was, how much she'd gone through to make it to her daughter's graduation, and how little she needed this kind of crap right then--simply wanted to APOLOGIZE to me.  Profusely.  He just didn't want witnesses.

All's well that ends well.

Curious footnote:  Sarah had first met me earlier that day.  An hour or so after that set-to, she got in HER car and went home (she lived with her father)...and reported that Pam's new guy (me) was "Six-foot-four if he's an inch!"

I'm five-eleven.

But that action on my part did much to cement my image with Pam's ex and the rest of the family, all but one of whom are martial artists and uninclined to wimp out all that much.  So I guess I should thank those guys.

Anyway, never another tense word between us.

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW!  I have never known someone so brave.  I'm glad it turned out well & hopefully they ALL learned a lesson!!

8. profile image0

anyone else want to share?  big_smile

1. brianzen profile image61
      brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was slapped by someone who mistook me for an ex! (does that count?)

1. profile image0

it sure does, and im terribly sorry to hear that happened to you.

Not a huge ordeal 50,000 apologies made it awkward to be rude about it, since we were in a crowd. (after apology 25 I just shrugged and said no biggie)

2. profile image0

sure, emberrassed rude counts!!!

9. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

hello , nice to meet you , what church do you go to ? see thats a hard one cause if you answer catholic and they are like , say a mormon then they automatically drop their hand and hate you , I hate the what church do you go to greeting

But seriously what church? lol

(so sorry could not even help it)

10. starme77 profile image77

lol lol

Whew!

11. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

What size bra do you wear?

I said "None of your business" and went back to what I was doing - ignoring him.

12. starme77 profile image77

what , you gotta be kidding me , if that isnt the worst pick up line I have ever heard I do not know what is , should of asked him what size jockstrap he wears and then said something like , looks like an extra small to me, bet he woulda run away with his hands between his legs lol Thats how I woulda answered that one anyway , cause I'm an as* like that smile

1. profile image0

lol great come back line. i bet that would've put that jerk in his place. smile

1. starme77 profile image77
        starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I bet I wouda too smile lol

13. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I was in a club one night, and this guy walks up to me and says, "Wow. Those are the biggest boobs (only he didn't say boobs) I've ever seen! Wanna dance with me and rub 'em on my chest?"

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I hope you smacked him hard enough to throw him across the room smile

2. starme77 profile image77

I woulda said , damn man thats the smallest package I have ever seen - wanna get the hell outa my face before ya lose what little ya got to the toe of my boot smile

14. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

He said "hey baby if you were a booger I would pick you darling".

1. profile image0

i would think that pick up line would come  off as more gross than being alluring to any girl.  at least that's my  opinion.  sorry you had to put up with that.

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol I guess it is better than being pinched on the back-side as a greeting. Ohhh that makes me mad.

1. profile image0

HAHHHAHA!!! better then the "accidental" boob grope...

Haha Justine ohhhh yes that accidental...grope.....didn't mean to....how could I forget that ROFL.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
            Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of boobs, I lived in Texas for a year, during the time that I covered my head.  I got a lot of doors slammed in my face, rude stares, and so on, but on one occasion a guy walked right up to me and asked me if I had bombs in my bra.

My favorite response this type of rudeness was to say, "As-Salamu Alaykum" (peace be upon you in Arabic) and watch their eyes pop further out of their heads.

I love it! You certainly don't deserve such rudeness, and that's just a great way to handle it when it's given. Nice job!

2. profile image0

your saying you had guys greet you like that before?  gee, im surprised you didn't slap the guy or kick him in the nads for that one.

Oh yea Steve he got a slap alright. Should have seen the surprised look on his face LMAO.

1. profile image0

good for you. i'm glad to see that you gave the guy what he deserved. either he must've been really drunk, or he's just a jerk.  i'm sorry you had you put up with that.

omg that guy comes off as gross from the start - tells ya something about his bedroom manners too , most likley a nasty jerk

I bet he was an ardent nose picker too!!! smile smile

15. starme77 profile image77

Hey where did everyone go? This Rude greeting thread was so fun  - anyone got anymore?

16. profile image0

how about this one.  "whats up honey? are you from tennessee?  because your the only ten I see." wink  lol

saw that quote used on the disney channel the other day. big_smile

1. profile image0

disney channel ?!  hahaha

lol lol smile

17. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

you got any Italian in you?
    want some?

Oh now thats an original

18. lender3212000 profile image60
    lender3212000posted 14 years ago

Here's the best (or worst) one ever used on me:

"Wanna come over, have pizza and f**k? What's wrong? Don't you like pizza?"

Some guys are just idiots! My apologies go out to the refined and sophisticated ones out there.

I most likley would have said something back like , I love Pizza but only with pepperoni and I love to F**k , then watch his eyes get all big then say just not guys with little di**ks like you  ya bi**h

1. lender3212000 profile image60
        lender3212000posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha, I love it!

19. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

"You've got to refer me to your plastic surgeon".

20. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Okay here is my story. It was back when I was still in HS...my friends and I were at the beach having a bonfire. I was of course wearing a bikini duh! lol I had to  use the restroom and not being afraid to go by myself like most girls I went by myself. When I cam back out there was a group of mexicans sitting on the wall. One of them looked at me and said "Hey there sexy mama."  I raised an eyebrow, looked at him and in my low voice and sounded like a guy(yes I usually talk with a low voice) I said "Hey there baby." Scared the sh!t out of them! lol lol lol

1. profile image0

lollollol

lol lol lol That's Awesome! lol lol

2. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Glad ya got a kick out of that one hehehe my friends did too. I told them, we looked, the guys were gone yikes  lol

3. Robz105 profile image73
      Robz105posted 14 years ago

This actually JUST happened like 4 days ago. I was walking home from the store and two guys were walking past me, and one of them yelled out "d*ck in the bum?" Oddest thing ever lol My response: "Keep dreaming!" he didn't have anything to say after that lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)