Obama leading in 2012 polls

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (72 posts)
  1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Obama is slightly ahead of Romney in the 2012 presidential election polls, and he's WAY ahead of Palin.

1. Harvey Stelman profile image61
      Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

habee,

Who said they will be the nominee!

2. profile image55
    foreignpressposted 14 years ago

You provide no sources for your information. Regardless, two observations: Poll numbers can be skewed any number of ways and, these numbers will change by tomorrow.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you provide no hubs, so why should we listen to you?

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Randy.

No offense there foreignpress but I think you should be writing hubs more than commenting here in the forums.

1. profile image0
          LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What if he is just here for the forums?

2. brethodge profile image39
        brethodgeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is it necessary to provide any hub.. why don't you search on internet about the polls and who is leaving behind whom? haha.. anyhow.. If Obama wins or not what difference would it make to you? tongue

2. JOE BARNETT profile image60
      JOE BARNETTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it's amazing that people on the right "CANNOT HEAR OR BELIEVE THE TRUTH" if you told them maybe that the lord told you that obamas polls were higher then they would believe you. they live in a fictional world based on boogey men and fairy tales and paranoia. everytime we go and rob a country they say it's for GOD and FREEDOM.No it was for bush cheney and HUNT OIL. talking with and explaining something to a right winger is futile because they will suddenly get scared from one of their imagined monsters, grab a m-16 and start killing people . . .  "for GOD and FREEDOM"

1. Padrino profile image61
        Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of fairy tales my favorite is the Democrat/Liberal all time favorite.

"The health care system is broken!"

Yeah, that's not a scare tactic or anything!

1. JOE BARNETT profile image60

correct it's just another misinformed vision from someone on the right. here is a conversation with someone on the right.
          winger says: so what is your name
          bob says: it's bob
          winger says:see i told you it wasn't bob
          so then bob says"IT'S BOB"
          winger says: get the guns cuz sumthin' ain't right i told ya  it's a conspiracy cuz his name ain't bob.
              and they appear never to learn. confusion runs rampant with them. republicans raided iraq for god and liberty on borrowed money and not paid for yet, they believed that. we improve HEALTHCARE and help to cut the huge deficit with it(proposed by the Republicans and romney put it in his state) and to them thats bad. this has become laughable

Brilliant observation roll

I thought the Republicans with a bunch of votes from Democrats invaded Iraq for oil?

Get your story straight!

everyone was deliberately forced in a patriotic corner.however i do remember everyone telling "W" that the man had no wmd's.colin powell was quitting(no reason to invade) the technical advisors said no wmd's.he sent them twice more they said there were none. the U.N. said do not go you have no reason. england said wait! but you missed all that.over 5000 of our teenagers died and 50000 iraqis so that hunt oil could get the oil.thats all that came of it right wingers i'm starting to see are the abacus vs the calculator. the encyclopedia vs the internet,the horse and buggy vs the car. they still say the world is flat i think this is the last time i will talk with them.it saddens me to know that there is a group of people in this country that see right(healthcare)as wrong and see wrong(IRAQ)as right!you enjoy your self and in a few years when you are offered insurance that wont arbitrarily increase in premium and will cover you and your family eventhough you have pre-existing conditions,  .  .  .TURN IT DOWN!

3. profile image0
      selrachposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How doe,s someone with no hubs have 15 followers?

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Wow!  480 Hubs, Habee?  I hadn't noticed for a while; you've been WRITING!!  Good for you!

And since I'm pretty sure you're not a recent Obama Zombie convert, I'm also pretty sure you found some real polls that show those results.

Be interesting to see how those polls look after R.I.P.  Uh, that's code for the November elections, when we "Retire Imperial Pelosi".

Got me curious, though.  Just Googled "Obama Palin Poll" and came first and foremost to an AOL article citing a PPP (Public Policy Polling) poll which parallels what you mention here, Habee.  Not saying that's the one (or one of several) you spotted, but if so, a quick Wiki look indicates it's affiliated with the Democratic Party and that it's neutrality has been questioned more than once.

Which doesn't necessarily mean their polls are entirely off base. 

Time will tell! big_smile

4. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

2012 is a long way off. He has a lot of time to screw up worse than he already has.

1. profile image0

Plus isn't 2012 the year the world ends? big_smile hmm lol

2. Ralph Deeds profile image63
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Screw up? He got a historic health care reform bill passed and a nuclear arms reduction treaty with Russia finalized in one week. Then he visited Afghanistan to get that situation moving in the right direction. What do you expect?

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mr. Deeds I have to much respect for you to enter into an open debate about my political views with you.
        I hope that someday my opinions are proved wrong and that what you say is true. I am not so close minded as to not accept that possibility.
        At present I feel that the ends do not justify the means that he employs.

1. Doug Hughes profile image59
          Doug Hughesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The 'end' being the addition of 32 million people to having access to medical care, tens of thousands of American lives that will be saved thereby, a level of fairness that insurance companies will berequired to provide their customers vs the evil 'means' - majority vote.

1. Ohma profile image59
            Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In the mean time ask Habee why she is being asked to perform a life threatening test to provide proof to the paper pushers at Medicare why she should continue with a treatment that the medical professionals have determined to be life sustaining treatment.

medicare only takes what the doctors prescribe period. she might have to prove it to a doctor but not to medicare. something is not right with the story

1. habee profile image90
                habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Joe, I will be more than glad to provide you with the name and phone # of the Medicare person I spoke with. I might be a lot of things, but a liar I am not! The doctors have told Medicare that I have to have the O2! I'm calling Medicare tomorrow and finding out what's going on. Stay tuned...

RALPH- their all sore losers, it's just sour grapes

5. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

You are correct, Ghost! I'm not an Obama fan, but I don't hate him like many here do - not saying you do. I think if the GOP doesn't come up with a moderate-conservative viable candidate, BO will be re-elected.

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, Habee, I wouldn't go so far as saying I hate Obama, hate being such a wasteful emotion and all, but I surely do oppose everything he stands for--except his relationship with his wife and daughters; that looks A+.

And since I'm promoting Sarah Palin for 2012, and she wouldn't be what you'd call a moderate exactly, I guess it's up to me.  Let's see,  if I can write 100 hubs a day x the next 700 days = 70,000 hubs and get 1,000 views per day per hub = 70,000,000 daily views for Sarah x at least the last 100 days of the Presidential campaign = 7,000,000,000 views total x a converted-voter ration of 1% = 70,000,000 more votes for Sarah...she'll be a shoo-in.

Yup.  Piece of cake.

Footnote:  This writer once made his living (for an extended period) in the MLM industry...in case you the reader couldn't guess!  lol

1. Anolinde profile image82
        Anolindeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, sounds like a plan, Ghost smile  Never know til you try!

2. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The best thing they could do is drop the religious right and stick to the original core principals. Fiscal conservatism and social liberalism.

Their adoption of the religious right has been nothing but trouble and it's the main reason I no longer vote Republican.

6. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yeah, Crazd, but that happens on Dec. 21 - after the November election! lol

1. profile image0

Hmmm maybe that is the real reason the world ends lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that according to an ancient Kenyan calendar?

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

7. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I thought it was the ancient leprechaun calendar, Ron??

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Well ya sees, the way i figurrs it, Obamma is responsible for ever thin' evil in the world includin' its dumize.

Obamma is kenyun so the calender mus be kenyun.

(sneako is filling in for me while I'm on sabatical)

8. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Joe, actually, I'm a moderate or a moderate conservative - depending on the issues. But I'm also a realist.

HAbee - i wasn't talking to you  i was referring to foreignpress. if you had said that his polls were negative he would have believed you

9. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

aaa isn't it so cute when ppl group EVERYONE together when they don't even know the person?

crazd- i know habee and wasn't talking to her

1. profile image0

I know Joe...was just saying it smile

10. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Where did you get your info, Ron? I thought it was Bush who was responsible for everything evil?!

Not everything...

Just Iraq

waterboarding

secret CIA prisons

world economic crisis

9/11

near death of the bill of rights

the word "nukeular" being added to the dictionary

sexual assault on the German chancellor

Ok, you're right.  Damned near everything

1. Ralph Deeds profile image63
        Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Correction: Eisenhower is responsible for "nucular' to the dictionary.

11. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Please Ron tell me you are joking about the word 'nukeular' being added to the dictionary hmm

ummmmm, maybe a litte.  He also didn't really sexually assault the German Chancellor, just made obviously unwelcome physical contact.

Oy yeah, when he was in Haiti recently with Bill Clinton, he shook hands with a Haitian and in a state of panic (Bush is a germaphobe) immediately wiped his hand on Clinton's shirt.  Not only was this act crazy and rude in the extreme, but it shows Bush's lack of reasoning ability.  Do you really think there are more germs on the haitian's hand than Bill Clinton's shirt?

1. profile image0

I don't want to think about Bill Clinton's germ infested shirt ewwww. lol

2. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"...more germs on the Haitian's hand....:

Dang, Ron, you're dangerous!  I gawt me a stitch in mah redneck SIDE from laffin so freekin hawrd!!  lol lol lol

12. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Ron, you forgot obesity, homeless pets, bad hair, and terrible movies. lol

Nukeular - huked on fonix werkd for me!

1. profile image0

wait I was born with untamable hair is that the same as bad hair? big_smile

Homeless pets sad don't make me sad Habee

2. Anolinde profile image82

LOL!  How about Obama's "corpse-man"? wink

1. profile image0

lol Oh yea that is classic lol My husband is no longer a corpsman but a corpse-man lol

LOL!  Aww, poor guy! tongue

13. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Ron, was Bill smoking a cigar??

ummmmmmm, yeah we'll use that euphemism if it makes you more comfortable.

14. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

What are you talking about - the corpse man??

1. profile image0

A while back Obama was giving a speech. and on the prompt instead of having it spelled the way he is supposed to say it..it was spelled the right way but instead of the silent 's' like in the right way to say it he said the 's'

And he said it twice! tongue

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, at least he can pronounce nuclear properly smile

There are entire books of Bush's gaffes - and the current president acutally mispronounced a WORD from the teleprompter... Call out the Marines!

And how do you get "corpse" from "Corps"? Didn't Harvard teach him any better than that?

2. profile image0

That's what makes it even sadder and funnier at the same time lol

15. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 14 years ago

The electing of a U.S.President is not based on the voter's vote.
    It is the electoral vote that decides who will be President.

1. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yet in only one instance did an elector vote AGAINST the people he represented. There was hell to pay.

1. flread45 profile image60
        flread45posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes that usually happens but they still vote opposite of what their voters want.

16. Padrino profile image61
    Padrinoposted 14 years ago

A respectable and reliable poll shows it a little different.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ … 8_palin_42

If Ramussen reports it even, then Obama is way ahead.

Rasmuss is notoriously biased.

There's a long ways to go before the 2012 election.  Romney is gifted at talking out both sides of his mouth, but he'll have a hard time running against the federal version of his own health care plan. But I agree he would be the stronger candidate (vs Palin) against Obama. The evangelical bias against Mormons will prevent Romney from getting the nod - and that fact will pit Palin against Obama in 2012.

Rasmussen is notoriously accurate!

But nice try.

rasmussen and drudge are propoganda machines

17. earnestshub profile image78
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

That the talking in tongues Pailin is to be considered as a Presidential candidate is an indictment of all American politics. She is a nutter plain and simple. Imagine this extreme religionist talking to the rest of the world as President?
    I cannot.

here here

18. Padrino profile image61
    Padrinoposted 14 years ago
  19. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I know and praying is way more offensive than abortions, oh brother.sad

20. Ralph Deeds profile image63
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

"The health care system is broken!"

Padrino: "Yeah, that's not a scare tactic or anything!"

Do the math and see what the cost of health care will be in 10 or 20 years if it's allowed to keep going up at the rate it's been going up in recent years. Not to mention the 40 million who have no insurance or the people who think they have insurance but who find they don't due to the fine print in their policies.

21. Harvey Stelman profile image61
    Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years ago

Everyone relax! You really got them habee.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)