Who should I vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election in November? Obama or R

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. suzettenaples profile image89
    suzettenaplesposted 11 years ago

Who should I vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election in November?  Obama or Romney?

I  am an undecided voter.  Convince me for which man, Romney or Obama, I should vote?  Please explain why your choice of man is the proper choice for POTUS.

2. profile image0
    Matthew Kirkposted 11 years ago

Not a US citizen but from my point of view Romney is already an embarrassment and has offended a fair few of your allies? Better with the Devil you know unless the devil you don't falls out with the rest of the world.

Then again as a British person inexplicably Obama apparently leans towards argentina over the falklands; though I don't think that is an 'official' stance. Doubt that would affect your decision though, just thought I'd balance that one for you wink

1. profile image0
      Billie Paglioloposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is GREAT!  It's critical for us to consider the view of our leaders from outside the US.  I often wondered if world view of Bush contributed to 9/11. Plus,  the first year in office is wasted breaking new people in. We don't have time for that!

2. profile image0
      Matthew Kirkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well Bush was viewed as a complete joke over here; no offence intended, we wouldn't put up with leaders that socially inept.

Obama is not an embarrassment, in fact I think most quite like him and Europeans are generally more liberal minded.

3. cathylynn99 profile image75
    cathylynn99posted 11 years ago

what romney says he believes changes depending on who he's talking to. if you want someone you can trust, romney's not your guy.

1. profile image0
      oceansiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe you are thinking of Pres. Obama, not Mr. Romney.....the president is the man who does that.

2. Mr. Happy profile image71
      Mr. Happyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This answer and comment here provide the best example of how divisive the political opinion is and how the facts always seem to be debatable - how are facts debatable? Romney is a flip-flopper, while Obama is just a charmer - someone bring the snakes

4. kmaskreations profile image58
    kmaskreationsposted 11 years ago

I speak as a christian and because of the democratic platform supporting same-sex marriage and abortion, the answer is clear.  Knowing what the Holy Bible says about matters such as these, I must vote the will of God.  The democratic convention should have nailed it down for christians.  If the platforms were the same; however, Romney makes the most sense on every issue and certainly knows business.  Obama has been given 4 years to do what he said would only take him 2 and yet begs for one more chance.  He has nothing new to offer and still harps on what he inherited from those who came before him.  May he lose gracefully and quietly return to organizing the community in which he finds himself afterwards.  At least he claims he was good at that.

5. Amy Becherer profile image66
    Amy Bechererposted 11 years ago

Suzette,  The vote is an individual right that for you, is yours alone.  I would never tell anyone or be so presumptious to even suggest who to vote for.  Each person comes from their own set of circumstances, which plays a big part in all of our choices.  Knowing your intellect and powers of reason, I am sure you will come to your own well researched decision. 

With few exceptions, my choice has always come down to, what I feel, is the lesser of the two evils.  This year I feel the choices are bad or worse.  My circumstances over the past 2 years have left me disillusioned and negative about our government.  I don't believe the American people have a whisper, much less a voice, in what happens anymore, regardless of the elected president.  I have watched our President overpowered by a partisan Congress.  When the president is unable to make the changes necessary for the good of the people as he sees fit, as he was elected to do, what say do we have?

At this point in my life, my only hope is that I live long enough to be financially able to move to Belize.

Good luck, my friend, with your decision.  I hope, as occasionally happens, I am wrong about the future.

1. suzettenaples profile image89
      suzettenaplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Amy.  It comes down, this year, to the lesser of two evils.  I will eventually decide who to vote for; I was just interested in who others were voting for and why

6. Mr. Happy profile image71
    Mr. Happyposted 11 years ago

Vote for Mr. Bill!

If You did not know he announced his run for the presidency a couple of weeks ago (or not even): http://billybuc.hubpages.com/hub/Presid … ted-States

7. fitmom profile image73
    fitmomposted 11 years ago

I just published a hub you might like to read. It's doesn't have facts and figures really. It's just something to consider.

Our country needs help financially and I think Romney can help to turn our finances around. He's certainly done so in his prior roles. That's my two cents.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)