Tomarrow Is April Fools Day!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (50 posts)
  1. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 14 years ago

Hello all you wonderful hubbers. Those of you who know me and have read my hubs know that April 1st is no laughing matter to me. So I'm going to ask you all a favor. In honor of April Fools Day I would like you all to make me laugh and post tons of funny jokes on this forum page. I don't care what the jokes are about just so their funny. I hope you all load the page and laugh with me on April 1st. Here is my joke to you all.
    A Lesson in Politics

A son asks his father, "What can you tell me about politics? I have to learn about it for school tomorrow."

The father thought some and said, "OK, son, the best way I can describe politics is to use an analogy.

Let's say that I'm a capitalist because I'm the breadwinner.
    Your mother will be the government because she controls everything, our maid will be the working class because she works for us, you will be the people because you answer to us, and your baby brother will be the future. Does that help any?"

The little boy said, "Well, Dad, I don't know, but I'll think about what you said."

Later that night, after everyone had gone to bed, the little boy was awaken by his baby brother's crying. Upon further investigation, he found a dirty diaper. So, he went down the hall to his parent's bedroom and found his father's side of the bed empty and his mother wouldn't wake up. Then he saw a light on in the guest room down the hall, and when he reached the door, he saw through the crack that his father was in bed with the maid. The son then turned and went back to bed.

The next morning, he said to his father at the breakfast table, "Dad, I think I understand politics much better now."

"Excellent, my boy," he answered, "What have you learned?"

The little boy thought for a minute and said, "I learned that capitalism is screwing the working class, government is sound asleep ignoring the people, and the future's full of crap."

susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope you all enjoyed the joke and have a fun day tomarrow wink

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol have a great frst day of the new year.  wink

Justine76,  happy new year to you as well. lol wink

2. flread45 profile image59
      flread45posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It will be April fools on your spelling!!!sad

Ha..ha..ha  April Fool's and don't look so sad, we all love ya!  wink

2. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmm roll

3. susanlang profile image60

flread45, April Fools! And don't look so sad, I'm sure everyone on the hubs loves you. lol wink

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Did someone name tomorrow after Obama?

Hmmm, I don't know, did they? smile

3. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Sarah Palin is straight.

Ok.. smile

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I'll ask someone to pick their nose for you tomorrow susan how does that sound lol

Crazdw, does that mean yours is all picked out?  Ha..ha, ha, better not be that man from the Diner I saw the other day. (laughing and smiling)  lol

1. profile image0

Let me go find him for ya lol

Crazdwriter, didn't you tell me you tied him up and put him under your bed?  You mean you lost him already?  lol

1. profile image0

Yea well...how was I supposed to know that he was all slippery from all his nose picking? the ropes just slid right off lol

Oh and to answer your question to do the laughing one you do
            : lol : without the spaces

Crazdw,  good one, now your cooking... that one was too much!  lol

5. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Glad I am not that fool smile

andromida, I'm glad your not too!  By the way, how do I make a laughing face on here using my keyboard?  (laughing)  wink

1. andromida profile image57
        andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lovely try smile, Do you know who was the greatest fool of the last century?

No andromida, who? And I hope I didn't fall into your trap. lol

1. andromida profile image57
            andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really don't know if there are any world-wide survey organization just dedicated to find out the greatest fool.Do you know anything abt it? There is no trap smile

2. profile image0

Still looking for the guy from the diner lol maybe a group of kids will do for now big_smile

Crazdw, whatever turns you on, you go girl!  Crazd, I see you have become one of my hub fans today. I didn't know you liked me that much! (laughing)  lol

3. profile image0

Sorry I had to...don't know what came over me lol

Crazdw, I'm sorry your sorry! lol wink

4. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years ago

omg I would have forgotten it was April Fools Day Tomorrow - I'm gonna pull a fast one on those teenagers of mine smile Thanks for reminding goof balls like me who tend to forget these things - this is gonna be fun smile

1. profile image0

OOO OOO Starme what are ou donna do? I wanna know!!!!

Crazdw, have you written your joke to this page yet? lol wink

2. susanlang profile image60

starme77, no problem glad I could be of help. lol  just make sure you love them to pieces when your done...and that's no kidding smile

5. profile image0

I am thinking of what to do to my parents...thinking of finding a picture of a cute little puppy and sending it to my parents saying it's a new family member lol

1. Ivorwen profile image65
        Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol

lol Crazdw, I'm sure you can come up with all kinds of tricks and fake photo's. I hear copy and paste is a wonderful thing and Crazdw, I'm sure your the kind of person who will ask all the right questions and be as fair to your parents as only you know how!  lol lol

1. profile image0

hehehe yep I like playing around with my parents like that...hehehe

Crazdw, I wish your parents all the luck in the world....I just hope you don't give them too hard of a time tomarrow while your cooking up some trouble. Are you paid up on your lawyer's retainer fee?  lol lol  Opps, I better not say anything about lawyer's, your husband might be one!  lol

6. profile image0

Joke? I don't do jokes? I make ppl laugh by other means big_smile

Crazdw, did you just say you make people laugh by other means?  Your not really mean are you?  lol lol

1. profile image0

Naw...I'm only mean if someone pushes me too far big_smile so no worries. and no not by those other means either lol

Crazdw, say what you mean. You know what I mean? lol  Oh..and thanks for joining my hub fans today!  lol

1. profile image0

Say what I mean? but I don't wanna! I like making people think and guess lmao
              and welcome big_smile

Crazdw, yes... I agree with your last statement. As you said, you are a real game player. smile  Again, thanks for joining my hub fans today!  wink

7. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

For April Fool's Day I changed my birthday setting on Facebook to tomorrow. I am waiting to see how many birthday wishes I get from people who should know better.  wink

1. profile image0

Oh well Happy Birthday Ivrowen! Why didn't you tell us it was your bday? jeez lol

Ivorwen, now that's witty...who knows, maybe you might receive birthday gifts. lol

8. profile image0

lol thankfully no he isn't...he's a Navy Corpsman! phew no lawyer here lol And hmmm I better go call my lawyer to make sure I'm covered for tomorrow lol lol lol

lol Crazdw, my husband Mark was a US Navy Inlisted. He served on a Nuke Sub as the Sub's Radiomen. He and I have been happy and married for over 25 years and that's no joking!  smile

1. profile image0

That is so cool...my Godfather was in the Navy on a sub too. what a small world big_smile and he and his wife have been married ...oops I don't know yikes bad me lol
          My hubby and I are going on 3 years come this Sept. 22nd big_smile

Crazdwriter, I respect your very young age and wish you well in your fairly new relationship. smile  I'm glad my husband and I had a chance to pave the way for you and your family. No kidding! smile  Be well. smile

Anyone else want to take a shot at me without ever meeting or speaking with me? Go for it, I'm all ears!  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)