the "Copenhagen Accord" is in a hang what is the future of earth

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Sagarika Rath profile image61
    Sagarika Rathposted 14 years ago

With international community showing there devious intent towards Climate Control, it is time now for us to decide our own future ahead. we only can change the course of earth from a disastrous consequences.
    pls join this campaign and create as much awareness as u can so that the 2010 Mexico Summit ends in a success.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with everything, you seem to have all the talents that are required to change things for the better.

Sagarika Rathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thnx buddy. at least u cared for what i tried to convey

2. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard about the Copenhagen Summit and I'm quote sorry.

thnx for havin a look on the hub. u can check the following hub, it might be of some intrest to u
        http://hubpages.com/t/112e68

3. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What would be "a success"?

hi Sab Oh, success means all countries sign the deal for "emission control policy". then after all countries will be legally bound b these laws.

1. Sab Oh profile image55

I'm not sure that would be a "success," and very sure it would not be 'legally' enforceable or practical, so I don't expect any such thing to happen anytime soon.

2. profile image49
          ucwellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you my dear,that is an inteligent submission by you.I need to know more about it.Reach me on uws24hrsATyahoo.com

4. profile image49

you seems to know much about climate change and the detail of meeting copenhagen.Do you think there will ever be a solution?

5. profile image49

ok,thanks for ur hub

6. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sagarika:
      I think we all know the future of the earth..eh?
      Do you mean the future of mankind on the earth?
      We've made it thru ice ages, and just about everything a living earth can throw at us.
      I think that we should be more interested in the effect greed and monotheism is having on humanity and what the future of mankind will be reduced to if we cant come together as a species and work in concert to guarantee our survival..hmm?

7. barryrutherford profile image74
      barryrutherfordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why not write a hub about this !

2. Lita C. Malicdem profile image59
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

The 2010 Mexico Summit will end with success. Please don't be patient. The summit is not a "run-on-the-mill" going nowhere global talks.  Website Examiner has just conveyed his high hopes on it, I suppose? What we can do for now is to share even the smallest we can, to lighten the load. Don't you think so?

1. profile image49

I sincerely believe that the climate is simply reacting to the pressure we exact on it.I mean God created us all together but we are fast displacing them day by day and since God has placed them to play a role on us they simply insist that they must coexist

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 14 years ago

Sure, I wish you well. But before one can spread awareness, one needs to have awarenes. Some clearer suggestions would have been welcome, so maybe the original poster (OP) or others could help with that. What could you imagine that people should do, more precisely?

i m working on it. it will come very soon

4. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I guess you folks could start with reading the OP's hubs, the following Copenhagens Summit is an interesting read and a good place to start.

It's worrying what slips by us and the way in which it's done.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Boy! Thanks, frogdropping, for helping bring this to the attention of the intelligent people.

We did ask a question, where people can present their ideas, if they have any.

http://hubpages.com/question/36564/glob … e-can-help

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome - I shall go and look at your question smile

2. Sagarika Rath profile image61

i wud definitely go through OP's hub. and do the necessery

5. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think the earth will be find even with the Accord not being successful.

1. Haunty profile image73

Sorry for pulling your head out of the sand, but you apparently couldn't hear me shout "REALLY?" lol

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Haunty big_smile Yes, I do think the earth will be fine. I don't think it's some delicate flower that will wither because of us.

Some scientists don't think either. I'm just afraid that the greedy bastards in the US, China, Russia plus whatever are enough to put it all in the past tense. smile

It was more than the big rich countries Haunty, the less developed poor countries were trying to leverage the summit as a way to get money from the bigger countries in the form of aid. Of course once they get any money who knows what happens to it. Really I thought that was quite brazen.

Yeah. Sorry. I was thinking more in terms of who causes the big amounts of pollution, as I don't know much about the summit. I just heard that participants refused to think beyond their own ecomonic interests.

2. Sagarika Rath profile image61

this is the biggest misconception we have. earth's mechanism of balancing the equation is by climatic disaster which we wanna avoid for mankind

6. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

the EARTH will still be EARTH, although the people have to conserve the earth even if the accord is in hang,

its actually the point of concern. no body cares about earth. it is not a country or a community its the individual at fault. until binding law are enforced the human beings are not going to stop

1. Sab Oh profile image55

It's obviously not true that "no one cares about the earth." If we cannot have a dicussion of different points of view about climate change and if we simply dismiss 'trivial' concerns such as national economies that affect the lives of billions then we will never get anywhere. Too much absolutism on this subject.

7. Flightkeeper profile image67

Exactly Pretty, just because the Accord was a failure doesn't mean we stop recycling or looking for ways to reduce pollution, etc.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

flight youre always right hehe, me too,

Great minds Pretty, great minds.  How ya doin?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good and Hi to everyone HERE

prettydarkhorse and Flightkeeper, i am glad to b wid gr8 minds like u

2. frogdropping profile image77

And that's exactly the OP's point. I think he or she is looking for or hoping for some way to unify the thinking of the masses, those that are unaware, in a way that will create a wider awareness.

I sometimes ponder this myself - raising awareness relating to issues that fly under the radar. There are many things that escape our notice, unfortunately.

It will take a long while before the entire human race agrees and perhaps it's better to focus on something very small.  All countries are not in the same place and have competing interests.

Quite. Most of us can't get along with our neighbours. And then there's the little thing called money. That always throws a spanner in the works.

2. Haunty profile image73

Unfortunately. And thank you for bringing the hub of the OP to us, serious slackers. smile

8. Flightkeeper profile image67

My only other thought about the summit is what a waste of money it was.

9. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Good question WE - it's hubbable so I shall do just that smile

Hubable, not hubbable. smile

Oh lol ok ... hubable smile

So looks like I got you to answer to me today after all. lol
          The frog's been running around busy.

Now I'm sorry, have I missed something? I've been flitting today. And now my eyes are really hurting. I need glasses and will have to get some. In fact - I'm supposed to wear them and don't.

Which all sounds odd. I mean I have been flitting a bit the last few days in general smile

No, you didn't miss anything. I'm an hour ahead of you. It's 2:30. I've already gone to bed. Good night, frog. smile

10. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

News Flash!!!!!

Only man's ego allows him to think he can change the course of the earth's cycle.  When Mt. St. Helen exploded twenty years ago in Washington it pumped more polutants into the atmosphere than all the 'manmade' polutants combined.  9 months later there was no trace.  Give it a rest.  If you want to fear something how about government interference in our lives?

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Science isn't one of your strong suits is it. Tobey?

St Helens was a very minor event in geological terms. The billions of tons of greenhouse gases that have poured into the Earth's atmosphere as a result of human activities since the Industrial Evolution are genuinely significant.

11. Sagarika Rath profile image61

Hi Qwark - i agree but not fully though. only certain species only have made it through different phases of earth's transition but not all. with the increase in global temp and depletoin of ozone layer it will be hard to fight the World's Greatest Water Cycle tht will start when all ice on earth melt and temp rise extremely high. This is the only concern... how to handle it??

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sagarika:
      Have you studied the subject "precession?'
      If you are not familiar with it and the effects it has upon our planet and it's seasons, look it up on google.
      Most people know nothing about it and it's effects thru a period of about 26000 yrs.

Thnx Qwark for the info, i will definitely go through the topic "precession" and try to gather some knowledgeou of it.

12. Sagarika Rath profile image61

Hi Will Apse - I agree with u. The amount of pollutants released by the human activites are far more greater than many volcanic eruptions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)