Weekly Topic Inspiration: Bathroom Plumbing

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (67 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Good day to you, honorable Hubbers!

We are now in our second (and final) week of the Clogs to Coins contest, which is based in the plumbing category, and to go along with that, we're making our Weekly Topic Inspiration themes plumbing-related, to help you write great entries!

This week's theme: bathroom plumbing big_smile

Here are some commonly searched for keywords related to bathroom plumbing that might give you some ideas if you're at a loss:

clogged bathroom sink
    bathroom sink installation
    bathroom sink plumbing
    install bathroom sink
    bathroom sink clog
    replace bathroom sink
    plumbing bathroom sink
    installing a bathroom sink
    bathroom plumbing repair
    installing bathroom plumbing
    bathroom plumbing fixtures
    bathroom rough plumbing
    bathtub plumbing
    bathroom plumbing diagram
    bathroom plumbing supply
    bathrooms plumbing
    bathroom plumbing installation
    bathroom plumbing supplies
    plumbing bathroom fixtures
    faucet plumbing
    plumbing questions
    plumbing a bathroom sink
    home plumbing problems
    plumbing remodeling
    new bathroom plumbing
    plumbing help

By writing on this topic this week, you will be included in the Clogs to Coins contest, and will therefore have a chance to  win $50, $100, and even $500, which is a pretty nice bonus!

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Click here to visit this week's topic.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For a full explanation Weekly Topic Inspiration program, read our Learning Center guide.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5063877_f260.jpg

The final submission deadline for the contest is September 4th at 12:00pm (PT), so this theme shall last until then. I'm looking forward to seeing what you write!

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years ago

I am working on one now. I can't believe I am writing about D-I-Y what an experience! smile

Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, for real! I'm looking forward to reading what you put together!

2. Mrs. Menagerie profile image90
      Mrs. Menagerieposted 12 years ago

Ooops, I published this one just before this Weekly Topic Inspiration.  I hope it's not cheating to post it anyway...I love to participate in WTI!!!! smile

http://mrsmenagerie.hubpages.com/hub/DI … ing-Faucet

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice plumbing pointers Mrs.M! Very helpful images and directions.smile

2. Simone Smith profile image87

Yeah, Mrs. Menagerie! Your photos are awesome and your advice is super helpful.   You've published a BUNCH of really good ones recently!

1. Mrs. Menagerie profile image90
          Mrs. Menagerieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Aw shucks...thanks K9 and Simone!

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years ago

I clicked to answer the question but it is showing up as Kitchen Plumbing for the weekly topic.

I am going to continue with it but write it on Bathroom Plumbing.

1. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

SirDent: I used (successfully!) your Hub on how to replace a toilet about a year ago. Was really informative and helpful.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is awesome news to me.  I think you are the first who let me know you used my instructions.  I think that was one of the first hubs I published here.  My, how time flies.

I am trying to write one now for this HubTopic but it has already taken a life of it's own.  I am not sure I can get it done in time.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the question to be answered, SirDent! I had put in the wrong link! Now it's fixed.

4. K9keystrokes profile image84
      K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

How to use a Power Auger to clear the main drainpipe, one miserable step at a time...
      http://k9keystrokes.hubpages.com/t/28abe2
      hmm

Hahaa, it might have been a miserable process, but the Hub turned out to be a Daily Drawing winner, so hurrah for that!

Awesome! I guess that makes up for the misery of main drainpipe issues! I am so thrilled Simone, Thank you and the HP team! lol

5. tlpoague profile image81
      tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

I am a little slow on the draw here, but hopefully this will help some do-it-yourselfer out there. Oops, I forgot to go thru the green question. Does that matter?
      Here is the link:
      http://tlpoague.hubpages.com/hub/Help-M … t-know-why

What a great hub! I found your information on Dieletric Union for older plumbing very interesting! Worth every minute to read tlpoague. smile
        Cheers~

Yeah, seriously! This was packed with useful info. Robin and I both really liked it. Well done!

6. tlpoague profile image81
      tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

Thanks K9,
      I freaked out for a moment thinking my entry was lost. I wanted to add my newest hub to it. Oops, I forgot to use the green button again. Well, hopefully people will find this one helpful too.
      Congrats by the way.

Here is my link to my newest hub:
      http://tlpoague.hubpages.com/hub/Help-M … t-Know-Why

I love the image of the mineral build up, awesome shot! Your info is real easy to understand regarding hard vs soft water!
        Cheers~
        K9

1. tlpoague profile image81
          tlpoagueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks K9, I love that picture. It looks like a big crystal.

Another great one, tipoague!

7. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years ago

Here is my hub for the weekly topic, though the link to answer the question was not right when I clicked it.  I hope you enjoy it.

http://sirdent.hubpages.com/hub/The-Ins … m-Plumbing

1. Penny Circle profile image58
        Penny Circleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The contest is separate from the Weekly Topic.  All hubs published on the contest topic are eligible for the contest.

A really good look at lever vs wheel valves. I found this an interesting topic Penny.
            And "The Year of the Three Kettles" very funny. Thanks for clearing up what I didn't know about lime scale in pipes and fixtures.

2. K9keystrokes profile image84

SirDent, the first image alone made the trip worth it! But then you give all this great plumbing fixture info, super good stuff!
          cool

2. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
        PaulaHenry1posted 12 years ago

I really liked the old Drano ad!

3. HRoger profile image60
        HRogerposted 12 years ago

Essential ideas and tips on working with bathroom remodeling. The idea of this HUB is to should you how can simple and things make such a difference when it comes to bathroom remodeling. Check it out now everyone!

http://hroger.hubpages.com/hub/Essentia … h-Fixtures

Some essential information for those who want to remodel their bathroom! Very helpful hub.

4. K9keystrokes profile image84

A simple lesson on changing a whole house water filter! With pictures of course...
        http://hubpages.com/t/28ac0e
        Have a Wonderful Day Hubbers~
        K9

Jeez. I can't believe that this one won TWO prizes in one day. You really are lucky (AND good at writing these), K9keystrokes!

Totally playing the lottery this weekend! Thank you very much Simone!
            So many great hubs in this plumbing contest, I am humbled to be in such good company.

1. Penny Circle profile image58
              Penny Circleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Thank you so much Penny Circle, you are too kind. smile

2. SimeyC profile image88
              SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To be honest you should be very proud of the Hubs you have created! They are all amazing and have raised the bar!

SimeyC~ Such a sweet thing to share, I am quite flattered by your praise.  I am having so much fun researching, and hanging out with my dad in doing so, that it is just pure joy to compete with such wonderful hub writers like yourself and the HP plumbing community. I really appreciate the remarks. smile

5. HRoger profile image60

Here is a great Hub with some great tips and information to help us understand why is it to important to maintain our bathrooms in a very good way. This will certainly make the whole remodel process whether new or old much more pleasant than any other.

http://hroger.hubpages.com/hub/Perfect- … Prep-Steps

Oh yes, the grout issue! I think this is a great source for prep to bathroom remodeling. And be sure to get the grout done right. Like you say, otherwise a big problem will soon be had!

1. HRoger profile image60
            HRogerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Certainly! The better we handle the situation prior to having everything happening the better we will avoid many future problems.

;p

Hahaa, this is so true.  It can be pretty embarrassing to have folks come in to work in a terribly maintained bathroom, too. #^_^#

LOL!  lol

6. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
        PaulaHenry1posted 12 years ago

Wow...Personally I have never even thought about flushing kitty litter, but I suppose it could make sense to some. Your method for resolving the problem, brilliant! Gotta love Dawn dish soap... hmm

Hahaa, yeah! Great fixes, PaulaHenry1!

7. HRoger profile image60

What if you have the worst leak possible? IN THE BATHTUB!
        This is probably one of the messiest repairs you can have it done on your bathroom.
        Check out these amazing tips which will give you some ideas of the problems it can cause and a few ways to get around them.

http://hroger.hubpages.com/hub/Bathtub- … o-Fix-Them

I'm glad you put this together, HRoger!  I would NOT want to have to deal with a leaky bathtub, but it's good to know what to do should the problem arise.

2. K9keystrokes profile image84

I personally appreciated your awesome advice surrounding the use of a sump pump, very important piece of equipment!
          cool

8. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 12 years ago

My latest 'plumbing' entry! I know it was supposed to be bathroom plumbing and that's how it started, I just got carried away!

This is probably my last plumbing article - there's only so much research I can take on plumbing *LOL*

http://simeyc.hubpages.com/hub/Standard … g-Fixtures

1. HRoger profile image60
          HRogerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow Simey! Great Hub Man!! I love reading your hubs and this was indeed a very interesting Hub to read. I still can't get over the germs fact, over 100,000 for every square inch! If anyone is wondering about what I mean then go read Simey's Hub above.

Have a great night Hubbers!

Yeah really, this one's fantastic!!!  The germs fact got me, too.  As did the photo of the old greek public toilets. I'm glad we live in an age of modern plumbing.

3. K9keystrokes profile image84

I am totally with Simone on the greek public toilets...yikes! But the hub was awesome man! I really enjoyed how you added in the tid-bits of "did you know" throughout the work, nice touch. smile

9. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

Here's my contribution for the week....again missed the 'right way around' to do this hub...see what happens when you get in a hurry??!!  Grrr...

Well, anyway...this is on how to keep your toilet from giving you headaches.

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/Prev … oiletClogs

Great hub DzyMsLizzy. Knowing the stuff that should NOT be flushed even when it gets marketed as flushable is really helpful! I was really surprised by a few of the items on your list, this is one to keep pinned over the bathroom sink!
          Cheers~
          K9

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
            DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, K9--  ;-)

Yeah, really! This is great! I'm so glad to be reading guides like this... hopefully I'm saving myself a whole lot of grief in the future @_@

10. K9keystrokes profile image84

A last day of the contest hub on Resurfacing Your Bathtub, is it really worth the money these days?
        http://hubpages.com/t/28dd85

Have a super great Labor Day Weekend Hubbers!
        cool

Whaaa? I didn't even know bathtubs could be resurfaced.  Good to know!

11. Chuck profile image82
        Chuckposted 12 years ago

Here is my Hub for this week's topic.  I finished it last night but was too tired to come back here so I am posting the link now.
        http://chuck.hubpages.com/hub/Repairing … e-Bathroom

So helpful your mold and mildew prevention technique, and the information you offer for that sneaky nasty leak is worth bookmarking. Thank goodness for one noisy pipe drip!
          Cheers! wink

12. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 12 years ago

OK so I lied - I did one more plumbing entry! Now this was actually inspired by the topic - when I lived in Wales I remember a lot of press about the under-the-mountain power station that helped out in peak times for electricity usage - now as the peak times tend to be toilet breaks during commercials then there is a tenuous link between bathrooms and my hub...are you buying it? *grin*

http://simeyc.hubpages.com/hub/Extreme- … Hoover-Dam

I really got a kick out of this one!  I never thought of those things as plumbing, but they totally are. What a fun take on the theme!

13. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

Ooops...a little late, but I was just reminded by a fellow-hubber that perhaps indeed I should have posted my latest and last-minute plumbing aritcle here as well as on the contest page (which I did just barely in time to make the noon deadlline).

This one is sort of on the edge of the category...not really kitchen, but it is; not really bathroom, but it is...how to manage plumbing fixtures and maintenance aboard a boat.  Check it out here:

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/PlumbingOnBoats

This was super interesting!  I've always wondered about plumbing on things like boats and motorhomes and trains.  I wonder how different things are across vehicle type!

14. thougtforce profile image87
        thougtforceposted 12 years ago

Now I know I am too late to participate in the contest, but since the hub was ready I published it any way:)) Thanks for the inspiration this contest has created. I have learned so many new things and this community have some hidden talents!
        Tina

15. Simone Smith profile image87
        Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Thanks for all of the awesome plumbing Hubs, everyone! I hope you've enjoyed it- bathroom plumbing can be a bit of a drag, but I've been surprised by how many fascinating articles have resulted from the contest and WTI themes!

We've got a bit more of a broadly appealing theme for this week though: Halloween! You can check it out and join in on the new thread here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/82432

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)