Problem with Comments Capsule 10/25 & 10/26

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Jean Bakula profile image92
    Jean Bakulaposted 12 years ago

Last night I couldn't answer somebody's comment on one of my hubs. I tried a few times, and my answer kept disappearing. This morning I added a new comments capsule, and deleted the old one, but now I lost several comments people made (I knew that would probably happen). Now I tried to comment on somebody else's hub, and after I am done, it disappears too. I didn't change my settings, they are the same and I allow all comments, and look at them after they are there. Help!

1. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey there Jean. This was happening to me earlier today. For the moment it seems to be working but I lost a couple of good comments I had spent time writing. Oh well.

1. bell du jour profile image59
        bell du jourposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi there, it was happening to me today also, I guess its a glitch somehwere.

2. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hate losing anyone's comments. And I can't leave any on other people's hubs either. When I click, Submit, what I wrote in answer, on mine or another's hub, is gone.  This never happened before. I lost about 5 good comments on one hub.

1. profile image0
          ThomasRydderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jean...are you still having that problem? I haven't been able to leave a comment or rate a hub up today. I see others on my followed hubs doing so....any clues?

1. Robin profile image85
            Robinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I haven't been able to recreate this issue.  Can you let us know which browser and OS you are using?  Do you know if you are one of the users that was moved from Javascript Library 1.5 to 1.7?  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/85509

1. profile image0

Hi Robin...I"m on IE 8 and Windows XP. I've belonged for about 3 days now, and have been commenting and "rating up" the entire time. This morning was the first time I've experienced any problems. When I leave a comment it simply goes away, Rating "funny" and so on simply does nothing, as does the rating up function. Suggestions?

1. Robin profile image85

Thanks!  I will let our engineers know.  smile

2. Jean Bakula profile image92

Hi Robin,
              I have Windows XP and internet explorer. It's been going on since last night, and it's around 6:30 PM now. I realize there are lots of changes going on, so don't lose sleep over it. I just wanted to report it, and feel bad losing nice comments from people. I have faith in the team here! I know I didn't change anything. Take care. Jean

2. Jlbowden profile image85
      Jlbowdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I recently tried to answer a question someone had asked a few minutes ago. And it appears that I am having the same problem you are. However I could not submit the answer, the words that I typed to the question, just remained in the box. Hopefully this will as mentioned, will be corrected. Also I have been having a problem with the stats icon, beneath my articles. When I click on that button, it does not work. In other words it appears to be locked or frozen and no results are displayed. 

Jl

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hey Robin,

I just noticed that one of my hubs is or has been turned over to the new script?

I think it might be part of my problem with regards to this thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/85614

1. Robin profile image85

We are looking into it, Cags.  Thanks for letting us know!  big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome and Thank you. smile

2. profile image0

I know you've been inundated Robin, but please try to send out some kind of blanket announcement...I'm just getting started and frustrated here smile thanks!!

1. Robin profile image85

Can you attempt to leave a comment in another browser?  IE seems to be the buggiest.  I hadn't noticed you were a new user!   Welcome to HubPages!!

1. profile image0

Thank you, ma'am, and for the welcome too..I'm having a ball so far...I'll give it a shot, and keep you posted...
            BTW, beautiful young lady you have there smile

1. profile image0

I just changed over to Google Chrome browser, and I"m back in business...everything works smooth as silk..pass it on!!

1. Robin profile image85

Good to know!  Perhaps use Chrome until we have the bug figured out.  Will keep you updated and I'm glad you are having a good time here so far!  If you haven't checkout out our learning center, I always point our newbies there.  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents  big_smile

1. profile image0

I've been there, and am also learning as I go...i just learned how to use two browsers, so I'll keep both of them going until you get the problem resolved..thanks for all your help...

2. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hang in there! Don't get frustrated, it's just a hiccup. smile

3. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

I have been able to post a few comments today, but it won't let me any more. I trust HP will sort it by tomoz.

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 12 years ago

Thanks Cagsil for pointing me to this forum thread with my issue.  One temporary (and only partial) 'workaround' for those of us on IE7 who do not see the point in installing a whole new browser on their system, is to leave comments via your 'feed' not via the individual hub. 

I find that the comments post fine if done on the feed page but not when done via individual hub.  Of course, this only works in cases where the hub actually shows up on your feed (e.g. one of your own hubs which someone has commented on recently).

I appreciate all the HP staff is doing to try to resolve this issue, which seems to be IE-specific.  However, for the record, IE7 works just fine on other sites, so personally, I'm not planning to switch to another browser just because of Hubpages. 

I'm glad that HP is aware of and trying to fix the issue. In the meantime hopefully other hubbers will bear with those of us who are unable to comment for now!

5. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 12 years ago

I've been having this problem for about 36 hours now, it's been really frustrating, but happy to see that I am not alone. Yes it did seem to appear around same time as new java platform thingy, and yes I do use IE with Windows7 and not sure if I should be leaving my url or even this comment at this point, but thought I should share what's happening with Hubteam. Thanks for heads up on this thread as well.

It's Thurday 10/27 around noon and I was able to answer a few comments. I'll see it if remains that way all day and report back later.

6. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 12 years ago

Me too! I tried at about 1pm Thurs 10/27 after seeing your update Jean, and I seem to be able to leave comments now also! I'm glad you updated. 

A big thanks to Hubpages for fixing this problem quickly.

7. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 12 years ago

I was just now able to leave a comment on a hub I read, this is great. Thanks.

It's still looking good. Thanks guys, I don't know how you figure this stuff out!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)