Should I Buy A Nintendo Wii Or A Xbox Kinect? | Kinect Vs Wii Info
Following the announcement of Microsoft's Kinect, practically all of the conversation amongst gaming circles centered around one topic: what is the better motion control system, the Xbox Kinect or the Nintendo Wii? The two consoles are competing for the same crowd but accomplish similar feats using wildly different technologies.
If you're debating whether you should buy an Xbox Kinect or a Nintendo Wii, read on for lots of reasons to buy a Kinect instead of a Wii or vice versa. Find out which motion control system is right for kids, adults, teens, an families. Kinect vs Wii: which one will it be?
These two different systems are sure to be hot items this holiday season, so make up your mind quick!
Reasons To Buy A Kinect Instead Of A Wii
If you're trying to decide whether to buy a Kinect or a Wii, think about all of the benefits the Microsoft console can provide you.
- Completely hands free, the hyper-advanced technology is able to tell not just your position but the depth you're taking up in a 3D space. Essentially, you move and the game moves in the exact same way.
- Priced at only $150
- Significantly better graphics due to the increased processing power behind the Xbox 360.
- Kinect will have better online interface than the Wii.
- Exercise games won't require attachments
- The Kinect is just an attachment; the main console will still be able to play regular Xbox 360 games. This is sure to thrill the hardcore gamer in your family.
Problems With The Microsoft Kinect
- Requires an existing Xbox 360 console to attach to, making it more expensive if you don't already own a 360.
- Multiplayer might not work as well without controllers.
- The Wii has a four year head start on producing software for the system.
If you're interested in getting a Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect, check out the links to your right for some great deals. Remember, if you don't already own a 360, you'll have to purchase one as well to use the Kinect. If you're buying a new Xbox, consider the Xbox 360 250 GB model (aka: the Xbox Slim). This was specially optimized for the Kinect.
Reasons To Buy A Wii Instead Of A Kinect
Of course, Nintendo's premier console wouldn't be the top selling game console in the world for months and months on end if it didn't have some high points of its own, would it?
- As a stand alone console, it does not require any additional purchases to make it work.
- A deep game library that has a little something for everyone, including Nintendo designed games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Wii Fit.
- Time-tested local multi-player and family games.
- Intuitive controls
- Classic Nintendo characters like Mario, Link, Kirby and more are favorites of young and old alike.
And, of course, there are some downsides to the Wii when it comes to Kinect vs Wii arguments, as well.
Problems With The Nintendo Wii
- Additional controllers have to be purchased separately to ensure full multi-player.
- The Nintendo Wii's graphics hardware are notoriously underpowered compared to the Xbox.
- Very poor online implementation.
- Not as well received among the hardcore gaming population (but well loved by families)
If you're thinking about buying a Nintendo Wii, there are some great deals going on at Amazon right now. Check out some of the savings to the right. Read more about Wii Games here.
Xbox Kinect vs Nintendo Wii
What system do I like best for motion controls?See results without voting
Choosing Can Be Tough...
As you can see, if you're asking yourself "Should I buy a Kinect or a Wii?" there are some pretty clear divisions between the two. Check out the options and one of the two is sure to stand out as the better fit for your household.
Of course, there's no shame in owning both consoles. After all, true gamers doesn't let a system get between them and their favorite titles. Both look like they're going to be big sellers so be sure to order early to ensure that there's still some in stock!
More Video Game Console Info
- Top Zombie Games For the Xbox 360: Battle The Undead Hordes On Your Xbox
Xbox 360 zombie game players, take heed! This list of the top zombie games for the 360 will help any gamer get a heads up about the best undead killing action available on their favorite console.
- Top Zombie Games For The Nintendo Wii: Waggle Zombies To Death On The Wii
Looking for zombie games for the Wii? Look here to find the best zombie games for the Nintendo Wii onlnie. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and more are all available for the Wii.
- What is the Difference Between Xbox 360 Models?
Are you looking to buy an Xbox 360? Before you do, take a closer look because there's more than just one version of the console out there! Take a look at what you get for your money and the differences between models.
- What Is The Microsoft Kinect? The Xbox 360s New Motion System
What exactly is the Microsoft Kinect? How much will the Microsoft Kinect cost? What games will be available for the 360 Kinect? Find out more about Microsoft's newest accessory and system here.
More by this Author
There are nearly a dozen different types of PS3 consoles available right now. What are the differences between the PlayStation 3 models and what should you buy? Read this article to find out.
Interested in Nintendo DS RPGs? Here are the Top 10 DS roleplaying games available ANYWHERE! Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and other A+ quality titles are joined by more obscure fare.
Are you looking to buy an Xbox 360? Before you do, take a closer look because there's more than just one version of the console out there!