jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What video games actually trigger our interest?

1. osergio profile image60
    osergioposted 4 years ago

1. 0
      Vrijdag Pagesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is a question blown open on a wide scale which can only be, in my opinion, represented by age and experience. Ten years ago I was a World of Warcraft nut, thought I'd never leave the game, but I did and I'm glad.

I still like RPG's like Diablo and Skyrim, but I enjoy games like Civ 5 too, yet I like to explain the addiction people get from games and how their educated background has a contribution to the matter.

2. jaybird22 profile image89
    jaybird22posted 4 years ago

I like first person shooter games like Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops.  I'm also a huge Ice Hockey fan so I obviously enjoy playing EA Sports NHL.  My friends, who are also hockey fans, meet up with me online and we play together. Definitely good times!

3. j-u-i-c-e profile image100
    j-u-i-c-eposted 4 years ago

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say: "Depends on the person."

I suck at sports and have no friends, so the games that trigger jaybird's interests are not going to be the same ones that trigger my interests. smile

I like free-roaming games that let me explore virtual environments, games with interesting stories, and games that have unusual gameplay. I prefer single-player games, especially survival horror and RPGs. I wouldn't last 2 milliseconds in CoD or Team Fortress. I stay away from multi-player out of respect for my fellow gamers.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago

A really good RPG is great, but I get sucked into RTS games really easily. Sins of a Solar Empire. Frustrating, but I keep playing it.

5. Maine Photography profile image60
    Maine Photographyposted 4 years ago

I like games that have the potential for extended game play with quests and what not, but you can also sit down and enjoy playing for twenty minutes when you have a spare moment. It's a fine line.

6. JohnGreasyGamer profile image92
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

This is really something of opinion rather than fact. Developers like Blizzard carefully observe player actions in their hit-game, World of Warcraft, and see what they really want. They basically feed you spending habits for "shinies", so you can stay hooked for longer.

But when developers don't prey on your subconcious, I like video games like DooM, Duke Nukem and Clive Barker's Jericho - as long as it's got a good story, some Hell thrown in and LOTs of gut-wrenching gore, what do I care?