30 Ways To Lose Weight
We all know the basic ways to lose weight: eat right and exercise regularly. However, there are a lot of small steps and tricks involved in both of these ways to lose weight. If you want to get the maximum benefit from weight loss with the fewest slides back into your old habits then you should make sure that you know as many different ways to lose weight as possible.
Here are 30 small ways to lose weight that you can print out and keep tacked up somewhere to look at so that you stay motivated to do each of the little things that ultimately end up leading to a whole lot of weight loss!
- 1. Drink more water. You need a healthy amount of water to maintain a balanced weight.
- 2. Get rid of all of the junk food in the house. If it's not there, you won't eat it.
- 3. Go for a walk five days out of the week. Walk the dog, walk the neighbor's dog or walk with a friend to get yourself out the door.
- 4. Find a sport that you enjoy. Regular exercise is a lot easier to do if you're having so much fun that you forget that you're doing it.
- 5. Read about weight loss. The more that you know, the better you're going to be at losing weight.
- 6. Keep a food diary. If you have to write it down every time that you eat something then you'll be a lot more aware of any bad eating habits that you have.
- 7. Cut up fresh veggies and store them in the fridge. They make a great snack and you'll like them a lot more if they're easy to grab.
- 8. Stop eating at restaurants. One of the easiest ways to lose weight is to skip restaurants and make healthy meals at home.
- 9. Challenge a friend to a weight loss routine. There are some benefits to healthy competition. Just make sure that you don't enable each other to quit the weight loss plan!
- 10. Sneak snacks into the movies. Take healthy snacks with you to places where you will be tempted to snack on junk food.
- 11. Do a colon cleanse. You probably have a lot of weighty toxins stored up in your body that you don't even know about. Get them out of there!
- 12. Treat yourself well. If you feel emotionally and psychologically healthy then you're more likely to eat well so that you'll be physically healthy!
- 13. Eat more often. It's better to eat several small meals throughout the day than to eat a few large meals. Snacks are your friend!
- 14. Indulge sometimes. Make a list of your favorite calorie-laden foods. Every once in awhile, treat yourself to them in moderation. You'll feel less cheated and more likely to generally eat healthy.
- 15. Make friends with people who have good eating habits. It's easier to lose weight when you're around people who eat healthy.
- 16. Make weight loss goals. Write them down so that you can remember them. When you achieve any of these goals, go celebrate!
- 17. Pay attention to all of your senses when eating. People who pay attention to the smells and textures of their foods are more likely to enjoy their meals while actually consuming less.
- 18. Eat a variety of different healthy foods. People trying to lose weight often eat the same thing over and over (salad, salad, salad) and then get bored and break the diet. Find a lot of different healthy foods that you like; the variety will make it easier to stick with losing weight.
- 19. Take the stairs. Do little things that will help you burn more calories without actually much extra time to your routine.
- 20. Buy a super-hot skinny pair of jeans. If they're in your closet, you're going to be motivated to try to fit into them. Only go one size smaller than you are, though - you want to motivate yourself not make yourself feel bad!
- 21. Buy a good weight scale. You need to know what you weigh to see if you're making any progress. Only use it moderately though (once a week or even once a month) to track progress over time.
- 22. Buy smaller plates. And skip the seconds. You only need one small plate of food at a time.
- 23. Ease up on the alcohol. Alcoholic drinks including beer and wine are heavy in sugars and calories. People who drink them regularly may find that eliminating them from their diets is one of the fastest ways to lose weight.
- 24. Keep your other drinks simple. You should mostly drink water but if you drink coffee then it should be plain black coffee and if you drink juice then it should be fresh-squeezed "just juice".
- 25. Take time to prepare your plate. Eating should be an enjoyable process from cooking through consuming. If you pay attention to how you eat, you'll eat healthy and lose weight.
- 26. Turn off the TV. People who eat while the TV is on usually overeat and don't even enjoy their food that much. And people who turn off the TV may just go out and exercise more.
- 27. Clean your home often. Housecleaning can be a great form of exercise and it needs to be done anyway if you want to be healthy.
- 28. Get in touch with yourself. Many people can't lose weight because they eat for emotional reasons. Knowing what's really going on with you will stop you from emotional eating.
- 29. Make healthy weight loss a way of life. People who are looking for easy ways to lose weight aren't usually looking to make major changes. Commit to those major lifetime changes in advance and you'll find it easier to lose weight and keep it off.
- 30. Forgive yourself for slipping up sometimes. You won't always stick to a diet or exercise as much as you should. It's okay. Forgive yourself and get back on track instead of dwelling and making the problem worse.
More by this Author
I was a weird little kid. It's okay, I'm the first to admit it. I was saying my first words before I was six months old. I was more likely to take care of my younger siblings than to go out and play. And I liked...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE162
We all know that if we want to lose weight than we have to burn off more calories than we take in. It’s a simple equation that most of us can understand. Getting ourselves to actually do the work necessary to burn...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.