jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

1. dranjesh profile image56
    dranjeshposted 8 years ago

Dear friends,

A spiritual research findings suggest that in many of the cases of addiction, the cause of the person being an addict is due to possion by GHOST !!

Intreresting isin't it ??

Please do send me your comments regarding this research finding..

2. sminut13 profile image80
    sminut13posted 8 years ago

hmm it sounds a bit unbelievable. if you really were possessed by a ghost, then i believe that the character or at least something of that person would be different. there are many types of addiction like smoke, drugs, alcohol and so on. so if maybe you're a bit more specific then i'd have a better idea also. but it's something to take note of because sometimes i feel like maybe due to possession, there might be some changes in a person esp if that person is not inclined towards tendencies that cause addiction.

_uacct = "UA-3172616-3";

3. dranjesh profile image56
    dranjeshposted 8 years ago

Thanks for this comment dear friend.
    for more details you can go thro my hub on addictions which explaing the addictions and causes (ghosts) in detail..

4. 0
    emmabalmerposted 8 years ago

Very interesting! It doesn't sound so far-fetched to me. Working in the funeral service industry, I have come to learn about the role spirits play in the lives of the living. More people believe in a life after death and ghosts than you would think. I have been in contact with many clients (the live ones) that believe in the power of spirits and ghosts. Certain things have happened to me in my professional and personal life that have convinced me to take notice and believe in the possibility of such things. Thanks for the interesting topic! Take care.

5. 60
    robin veranabeposted 8 years ago

Interesting post. My understanding of the subject, as an energy/spiritual healer, is a little different. It is not that the addiction is caused by possession by a ghost, it is that the addiction leaves one vulnerable to possession by ghosts (or what I prefer to call energy attachments). When we take drugs our minds, energy, and spirits are compromised; we are less fully present and able to protect ourselves leaving a hole for an outside energy to take hold. In other words, our spiritual immune system is injured by addictions. People are also vulnerable to these kinds of energy attachments when under general anesthesia during surgery or in instances of trauma. The result is that the attached energy (ghost as you put it) feeds on your energy, leaving you weaker. In my experience it is not at all uncommon, but can range greatly in severity. Luckily, there are spiritual/energy treatments that can take care of it. Sometimes, less severe cases can be cleared by the simple smudging of sage. Other cases require the work of an experienced shaman or energy healer.

6. robie2 profile image92
    robie2posted 8 years ago

I think all addictions have a spiritual component in that they are an attempt to mend the "hole in the soul" and alter reality and escape pain.  That said, I think the emphasis in recovery from addiction has to be focused on the body rather than the spirit, particularly in the early stages.  Clearly those who have substance abuse problems suffer often insurmountable physical withdrawal symptoms--but even the "soft addictions" i.e. food, gambling,shopping, sex, internet:-) etc. create withdrawal that stems from real brain and hormonal activity. I think these have to be dealt with on a practical, physical level before any spiritual work is possible. As for possession and ghosts being the root cause I am skeptical. I think it is more often  personal demons that are involved--not for nothing do they call it "demon rum" smile

7. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

What a reseach.Oh God researchers are now after ghosts.No one has seen
    them,maybe they show them one day.Amazing.