jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How to Lose Pounds & Inches

1. poerkan profile image60
    poerkanposted 6 years ago

Which is best? diet pill or exercise?

1. B.Schibly MD profile image60
      B.Schibly MDposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well there are a couple of "diet pills" that can help kick start a weight loss program (specifically the appetite suppressants  phentermine, or better I think, phen-pro and alli or orlistat when used carefully)but they aren't going to do the job by themselves. They need to  be used in conjunction with a change in the way you eat This has to be a permanent change - not a "diet" or you'll just regain everything you lose.

Exercise is helpful but you need to do it the right way for weight loss. The right way is to do a combination of interval training and strength training.
      Lengthy aerobic sessions are not effective.

1. juncolt profile image60
        juncoltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think there is a diet  supplement extracted from a popular herb which could help a lot in shedding off a lot of pound. It is quite popular nowadays.
        I do agree that diet pills alone won't solve the problem. You also need to do exercises a lot.

2. 60
      pinkzebraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Diet pills don't work. I have tried tons of them unless you want to go to the doc and get a prescribed appetite suppressant. Phentermine is great but it is prescribed.

Interval cardio training is the best way to lose weight. Really any kind of exercise will aid in weight loss but you need to combine this with healthy and balanced eating habits.

Strength training is also good for losing weight. I am sure there will be some to disagree with this. Simple fact. Muscle burns fat. The more muscle you have the more fat your burn. Not to mention a pound of fat takes up more room than a pound of muscle.

3. 0
      Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Right food, baby, right food.

2. lex123 profile image69
    lex123posted 6 years ago

I believe in exercises, especially yoga doing regularly.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Divorce is the best way to lose dead weight.

3. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

Losing weight is about burning off more calories than you use in a day.  So you can either modify your diet so that you are getting less junk and sugar, or you can exercise more, or a combo of the two.