jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)

Have you arranged to have your organs donated?

1. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

I did for everything.  Poop, can't now for medical reasons.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

..what's up?.....i didn't realize there was a funeral and final arrangements thread lol

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

I have.  When my son passed away 7 years ago this week, I was asked if we would consider donating his eyes and heart tissue.  I didn't hesitate.  We've since learned that two separate people received his eyes (a 1 yr old and a 19 yr old) and it's my understanding that hundreds have benefited from his heart tissue.  Nothing can erase our tragedy, but it helps knowing that our tragedy can help someone else that desperately needed us.

I think people don't think about it much until it touches someone they love.  When someone you love ends up on a waiting list you begin to realize how important it is that there are people out there willing to give.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

....that's nice KCC....(nice is the wrong word....you know what I mean) good thoughts and suggestions....i have thru my driver's license........used to be an automatic request, can't remember if it is now.....

2. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

your incredible KCC in many ways!

4. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 5 years ago

I also have designated my desire to be an organ donor through my driver's license as well.  It is not automatic in Indiana.  You have to agree.

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

5. BabaBooey profile image59
    BabaBooeyposted 5 years ago

I'm going to donate my teeth...

6. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

In the US your wishes to donate must be supported by your next of kin at the time of death.  So if you want to donate, make sure your next of kin know and respect this wish.

7. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

No I haven't, I'm still using mine.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I have, we have a choice on our health card if we want to be a donor. I also got a card that I passed onto my sister.

9. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

It's all too creepy. I have nightmares that they'll kill me to get my organs! No... no... no... I'll do all the good I can while I live. After I die, just burn me and throw my ashes to the sea. smile But the liver stays with me! Thank you!

10. 0
    BunuBobuposted 5 years ago

I have arranged for my organs to be donated since I was a teenager and my entire family feels the same.

I had a young cousin who died in the hospital waiting for a heart lung transplant.

11. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

No, but I've signed up a couple of pianos! smile

12. cathylynn99 profile image78
    cathylynn99posted 5 years ago

i told my husband to say i am not a donor at first, but then if i am declared dead or braindead, they can have anything in my abdomen. i hadn't thought about teeth. i think i'll tell him to donate those, too. i have good teeth.

i know i'll be dead, but the idea of someone mucking around in  my chest or with my eyes or bones or brain leaves me cold. i am not even going to be embalmed because the idea gives me chills. in life, i avoid needles. if i absolutely need to get blood work, i make them draw it from my hands, as far from my center as possible. i know it's weird, but i've always been this way, even as a kid.

1. cathylynn99 profile image78
      cathylynn99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i can relate to klarawieck's fears.

1. cathylynn99 profile image78
        cathylynn99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

my sister needs a kidney. i haven't changed my donation plans since learning this.

13. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Sure, but only was is viable/usable. wink

14. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago

Yes I have.  I also try to keep in good health.  Death often promotes life.