jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you had to donate an item to a museum from from a broken relationship what

1. london55 profile image75
    london55posted 6 years ago

If you had to donate an item to a  museum from  from a broken relationship what would it be and why?

When a relationship breaks up, you have to get rid of most of the stuff you built up together, maybe books, DVD's, furniture, pets, most things have to go.  There is a museum asking for donations, (yea for real), one woman of 63 donated her music CD's brought for her by her 30 year old boyfriend, she couldn't bear to throw them away but didn't want her family to find out about her young lover, another her wedding album.....one guy donated all the birthday, Christmas cards from his ex.  I thought about donating the kids from my first marriage but couldn't bring myself to do it......lol

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5393860_f260.jpg

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image77
    LeslieAdrienneposted 6 years ago

I know the thought of donating the kids was really tempting and really funny.

I would donate My memory.

3. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago

Baggage.
    He'd been carrying that stuff around for years smile

4. danielleantosz profile image74
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

letters.  I have a few from ex's, mostly around the time of our break up.

5. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

I recently shredded over 300 letters sent to me during 3 years  courtship  by my first hubby  ( he was working in Germany ) Maybe I would have donated those..I didnt really want to shred them but felt that they were  meaningless after a second marriage of 35 years ! Maybe a museum would have liked them... they were Interesting reading  .

6. nikki_m profile image83
    nikki_mposted 6 years ago

I would donate the pictures of us. Can't bear to throw them away because some of them are vacation pictures to places I'll never get the chance to visit again, but he happens to be ruining them so I can't properly enjoy them either!

7. Majadez profile image76
    Majadezposted 6 years ago

Old music records we shared and copies of the movies we watched together left at my place.

working