Protein weight lost shakes safe for breastfeeding?

1. rodrigur2 profile image59
    rodrigur2posted 5 years ago

Are protein weight lost shakes like slim fast safe for consumption during breast feeding? What are some dieting and exercise tips to burn those last few pounds after having a baby? Anybody tried Zumba dvd's or the Hip Hop Ab Dvd's, I'm trying to find out which is the better dvd collection for burning ab fat??

2. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

My best weight loss tip after having a baby is carry on breast feeding for at least 6 months. Your extra weight will drop off as you continue and your tummy muscles will also get tighter.

It's definitely not a good idea to try and lose weight by restricting calories when your breast feeding - you need extra calories to make nutritious milk, not less. If you're not eating enough your baby will not be satisfied. Why not just take your baby out for a half hour walk every day if you want some exercise?

3. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 5 years ago

I agree with Susana - I fed two babies - one for 9 months and the other for a year and found that weight loss through calorie restriction tended to result in smaller b00bs (not good news for me), but exercise like walking with the baby gave a more all over toned result.

Check out the Mummy Tummy book by Julie Tupler - I find he r a bit scary but there was some interesting stuff about the affect of pregnancy on your tummy muscles that made a lot of sense.