jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

I have MRSA. It stinks.

1. lovelypaper profile image68
    lovelypaperposted 5 years ago

I don't know how I got it. I'm assuming from work since I get scratched up sometimes and handle dirty money plus I'm around people all day, some coming into the store sick. It started out as a "fang" looking pimple or bite on my abdomen, then my leg and more on my lower abdomen. I'm on my second round of abx. and slowly starting to feel better. Anybody else have had it?

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No I haven't had it, but I know someone who does.  She's in poor health overall, and the MRSA seems to return at different times.  Very difficult to deal with and treat, from what I hear.  I hope you get better!

2. dingdondingdon profile image61
    dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago

Oh no. I'm very sorry to hear this. sad I haven't had it, but I hope you feel better soon!

3. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 5 years ago

Everyone carries mrsa,  yours just exploded when open sores got infected.  hope you get well soon.  it is usually contagious so be careful.

1. cathylynn99 profile image79
      cathylynn99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

everyone certainly does not carry mrsa, though it's more common all the time.

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Good luck dealing with our corrupt medical system. sad

I wish you the best.

5. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

when i worked in the nursing most people came out of hospital with mrsa.  Do you have it in a wound??????  is it just in your nose, we all seem to have it in our nose, but if it gets into a cut, it can be difficult to shift it......

6. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Are you a bit run down? Maybe try eating a bit more fresh fruit and veg than usual, take some vitamins and get lots of rest

1. Joy56 profile image61
      Joy56posted 5 years ago in reply to this

that is good advice but it wont get rid of mrsa.......

7. cardelean profile image88
    cardeleanposted 5 years ago

I have had MRSA, twice actually and I am a fairly young healthy person.  Mine started out very similar to yours as a pimple looking sore.  The first time I had it, I thought is was just a regular sore and it got infected but it wasn't and got very bad.  It took a long time to heal and I had heavy antibiotics and put a warm, wet compress on it to draw out the infection which really helped.  I was very careful to clean everything up and get those towels right into the wash so I didn't infect anyone else in my house.  It is healed but actually left a little indentation. 

The second time I got it, I recognized immediately what it was and was able to take care of it immediately.  Especially because it is so painful. 

I did not know that everyone carries MRSA Bellamie, thanks for that info.  I had wondered though since I've now had it twice if I am more suseptable since I've already had it.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

1. lovelypaper profile image68
      lovelypaperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My wounds are now like large holes but the infection is starting to go away. It will be an indentation like yours probably but now that I know I 'm  susceptable to more "outbreaks" I can get antibiotics quickly. I'm praying that this will be the end of it.

1. Joy56 profile image61
        Joy56posted 5 years ago in reply to this

because there were so many in the home i was in had it, we had to have people come in to tell us how to deal with it.  One important factor is re infecting.  Clothes, bedding and towels have to be washed at a very high temp to kill the germs.  You should only wash infected persons clothes, never mix them.   All these precautions should help

8. lovelypaper profile image68
    lovelypaperposted 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I am trying to build my immune system up and not eat so much sugar. I love sugar and chocolate. This is going to hurt. But I've heard MRSA loves sugar. If anyone has anymore advice, I'm glad to get it. My main priority is #1 , not to spread it and #2 to keep it at bay if possible.

9. Nadeeshan301 profile image81
    Nadeeshan301posted 5 years ago

Dear lovelypaper,
    Though almost all the penicillins are ineffective against MRSA, there are antibiotics for which it is not yet resistent (e.g.- Vancomycin).
    Hope the drug is available in your country.
    Anyway, boosting your immune system is better for not just MRSA but for all the infections and cancers also.
    Good luck!!

10. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

Get well soon as its one that knocks people about, esp when its a strain of Staph resistant to antibiotics. We refer to it as Golden Staph in Australia and New Zealand and its common in our hospitals.

11. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

Oh dear--do take care to read up on the best foods for healing, get the sleep you need for healing, as well as find out about any supplements you can take with your antibiotics.

12. shall1432 profile image60
    shall1432posted 5 years ago

ishing you well dear, not know enough to advise you but rest well and eat a balanced diet.