Do you know what Cystinosis and Fanconi syndrome ?

1. graebear profile image75
    graebearposted 5 years ago

Cystinosis is a rare kidney disease and usually follow by Fanconi Syndrome my daughter is now 21 years old and just put on a transplant list  she should of been past away by 9-10 yrs of age . Long road behind  but a long road ahead.  I would just like to have some feed back and open discussion  to give my input of these issues and to learn more on them  and new ones  that arise also . Anything that has to do with the filtering , or wasting  of the kidneys,  cysteine crystals - and  accumulation of   ,transplant pro cons living or dead donors  all are welcomed ...
    Thanks  hope to hear from you ...graebear

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image59
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cystinosis is a lysosomal storage disease characterized by the abnormal accumulation of the amino acid cystine.[1] It is a genetic disorder that typically follows an autosomal recessive inheritance pattern. Cystinosis is the most common cause of Fanconi syndrome in the pediatric age group. Fanconi syndrome occurs when the function of cells in renal tubules are impaired, leading to abnormal amounts of carbohydrates and amino acids in the urine, excessive urination, and low blood levels of potassium and phosphates.