Natural Medicine

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. hubby7 profile image64
    hubby7posted 15 years ago

I'm into natural health and alternative medicine. I originally raised this question on another hub. But this time I am going to throw it out to all of you: Do any of you know of any effective natural and/or alternative cures for allergies?

1. profile image48
      Klutz1215posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi!  I am new to this and saw your question while I was passing through.  For its worth, here are my two cents:

I use a supplement called "Quercetin/ Nettle Plus" that I found in my local natural food store and it takes care of pretty much every allergy I have.  I have a few books about natural medicines and that is what they recommended.

Hope that helps!

1. sukkran profile image60
        sukkranposted 15 years agoin reply to this

hi,klutz.  i think there is medicine for this allergy in ayurvedha- iandian natural healing system.
        sukkran

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There are many. You can go to Naturopathy.
      1. Ayurvedic Panchakarma is natural way to eliminate unwanted particles out of the body.
      2. Natural therapy using Soil, Water, Oil, Sunbath, Steam or Sauna may help.
      3. There are Ayurvedic medicines. Consult your Vaidya (An expert of Ayurveda).
      4. There are medicines in Homeopathy. have you tried NUXT VOMICA?
      5. Some Bio-Chemic medicine can also help.
      6. Accupressure on the corresponding points of affected parts can also help.

Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari
      You may contact me for further info at : jyoti_kothari@yahoo.com

3. wanda robinson profile image60
      wanda robinsonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hello Hubby7,
      I was searching the internet and came across your question. I see many people have answered your question.

I have came across several things that has helped with Allergies.

As you well know to say something cures is taboo, and that statement would cause many up rising.

As for something that makes a person feel well, without any side effects and not longer having to take any sorts of drugs then I have several things that might interest you.

One is from the book called: DRINK YOUR TROUBLES AWAY,  By John Lust
      Where juicing is the answer. This is what is writen in the book for helping allergies: (juiced)

Carrots 6 oz,beet 5 oz,cucumber 5 oz
      or
      Carrots 8 oz, celery 8 ounces.

I have not tired these but how can food go wrong.

What I have found and has helped me tremendously is mangosteen juice (xango)

I hope you find something that will help you in a natrual way as soon as possible.

Wanda Robinson

4. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Check out Health Kinesiology. It is based in the Oriental Medicine meridian and acu points system. Allergies (and all illness) are not just physically based, there is an emotional(subconscious) component, a pattern in consciousness that needs to change.
      I have been practicing and studying many "natural medicines" from around the world for decades. Not before, or within the past 10 years, have I come across anything else, except HK, which addresses and changes  these patterns.

5. jacharless profile image75
      jacharlessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Allergens primarily develop in the body due to:
      1. vitamin deficiency
      2. Toxin build-up, due to the aforementioned and chemical alteration of the bodies natural processes.

Allergens "purpose" is to alert the body of a foreign substance. Because it is a super-charged immune response, called atopy, has various symptoms from repetitive sneezing, to gland swelling, derma issues or other severe reactions.

The most holistic approach to calming or eliminating the allergies [ alert and effects ] is foremost a more natural environment, as free of chemicals/pollutants as possible. Next is a more natural internal environment by increasing intake of:

1. Dark Leafy Greens [300g p/day] which are rich in nearly all top-level vitamins.
      2. Fats and Oils [4-6g p/day] including butter, aged cheese, milk, animal fats, bone broth soups, virgin coconut oil, fermented cod liver oil which contain amazing properties of Omega 3/6/9, promote collagen conversion and detoxify the body.
      3. Remove ALL unsprouted grains/legumes/nuts from your diet as they contain high levels of phytate (phytic acid) which is one of the most harmful toxins to the human body.

One of the fastest neutralizers of allergens is Vitamin C, about 1-3g per/day. Another nifty help is to oil pull twice a day, with said virgin oil, which removes oral and nasal toxins, neutralizes acids, which is where 99% of allergens are produced. You will notice cleaner teeth and better breathing from the nose, which is a clear sign of a lack of allergens in the throat. Better breathing means less toxins in the blood stream > organs > immune system.

Cheers and Good Health,
      James

2. hubby7 profile image64
    hubby7posted 15 years ago

Thanks, Klutz, I'll check it out.

hubby7

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years ago

An allergy is a body's response to something it doesn't like.

Guaranteed to work - remove the allergen.  Nothing will be 100% truly effective unless you remove the maintaining cause - i.e. if allergic to dogs you must remove the dog from the equation because otherwise you can't ever do anyhting but mask the symptoms.

Assuming this isn't practical (eg hayfever) Homoeopathy is hugely effective, BUT you need a specifc remedy for your symptoms, and not one of the generic allergy remedies that you can buy.  You can self-diagnose but best of all is a visit to a homoeopath who will find a tailor made remedy for you specific to your symptoms.

1. sukkran profile image60
      sukkranposted 15 years agoin reply to this

hi,julie-ann amos.  you are 100% correct. homoeopathy is best way to cure this allergy, if you/your doctor find the correct medicine.
      sukkran

2. Anamika S profile image67
      Anamika Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. I was suffering with dust allergy for long. On a friends advice I turned into Homeopathy and within 10 days i started seeing positive results. I am still under medication though.

Homeopathy may take long. But it treats the root cause and is a permanent solution.  Juice therapy suggests the following drink made of the below ingredients  for allergies.

1/4 ginger piece
      1 beetroot
      1/2 seeded Apple
      4 Carrots

4. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image48
    Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 15 years ago

Dear Hubby 7,
    the main question is : what is allergen an how is your allergy manifesting?
    Please full description.
    Love & Light

5. profile image51
    sonatanna88posted 15 years ago

You can try the Aloe Vera products which are mainly of herbs and guaranteed to work the maximum and the in the shortest possible time

Sona Tanna

6. nikki1 profile image61
    nikki1posted 15 years ago

HI, how is everyone.. I am all for natural med.s. Vitamins, herbs..
    Ur friend, it is too late for Happy new year.. Encourage everyone every day..;D
    Nikki1

7. profile image49
    kusiposted 15 years ago

TREATMENT CANCER/DISEASES IN MOUNTAINS OF PERU

The treatment for the cancer and other diseases we can find it in the mountains of Peru.
    10 years ago the doctors diagnosed me cancer to the lung. They extirpated me a lung. The doctors gave to me 6 months of life. At present I enjoy good health, thanks to the treatment of medicinal plants that I continued in the mountains of Peru, jointly with the natural feeding and the climate of the zone. You also can recover.
    "I am a survivor, it discovers the kindness of the diverse medicinal plants of the ancient inkas; cavolla, upi, alucema, muña, paico, maca, sangre de grado, uña de gato and others……………..”

Kusikawsay
    kusi-kawsay@hotmail.com
    PERU - SOUTHAMERICA

8. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Kusi,
    It is really unbelievable!1 However, it may be true. Can you present some evidence in your support?
    Jyoti Kothari

9. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Dear Anamika,
    You have quoted "Homeopathy may take long. But it treats the root cause and is a permanent solution.". It is right. However, Homeopathy some times work faster than normal medicine. Actually, it takes more time in diagnosis.  Homeopathy treats on symptoms and finding right symptoms is difficult. Experienced doctors observe patient carefully for long time to determine right symptoms. Once they find it, medicine works magically.
    Jyoti Kothari

10. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Very true Jyoti. Observation, signs and symptoms help the dr to determine the cause .. every illness has clues of some sort & does take time tongue

11. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

It is more visible while treating with Homeopathy. Symptoms are more deep rooted. It is not only physical but also mental. Homeopathy goes to sub-conscious level of mind and treat from there. It takes time to uproot the disease.
       Jyoti Kothari

12. mulder profile image68
    mulderposted 15 years ago

I use bee pollen for my hayfever   and  my  allergy  for years   it has  help me  I live Western Australia  where the  weather is hot and windy and dry   not good for  for  allergys at all   also redbush tea (rooibos ) helps because it high in  Quercetin also fish oil and even  chiro adjustmeants can help  .

13. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

It all depends on weather, place and person. Same medicine can not be applied to all. I do not think fish oil will be helpful in the treatment.
    Jyoti Kothari

1. mulder profile image68
      mulderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Have aread of this   it will change your mind   .

Fish oil and treatment for allergies go hand in hand as any experimented allergy sufferer would attest. If you are miserable with an allergy you would literally do just about anything to get rid of your seasonal allergy symptoms. Allergies are caused by an overreaction of the immune system, and calming that immune system down can be a huge challenge. It’s equivalent to calming down an angry dog, until the stimulus leaves things are going to be loud and uncomfortable for everyone involved.  more info  at this link 

http://www.omega-3-fish-oil-wonders.com … rgies.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)