I was recently asked what my favourite christmas song is, and I had no idea? When I was younger my favourite Christmas song was Mariah Careys 'All I want for Christmas', but I seem to have grown out of that now and need a new one. Can anyone recommend a potential new favourite?
ooopps just seen a thread like this has already been started here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/106785. sorry.
My favourites are also All I want for Christmas is you as it really relates to me this year.
Another one I've loved for as long as I can remember is Drummer Boy. I'd always complain if they didn't have it on Carols by Candlelight.
I love O' Holy Night and Don't Save It All for Christmas Day by Celine Dion ...
My favorite son is "Oh, Holy Night" - it is so beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it. Another one I love is "Mary Did You Know"
I totally forgot about the hyms like O Holy night, I do love those. Never heard of the Celine Dion one (it sounds pretty epic!) or 'Mary Did You Know', good ones to add to my collection, thanks!
1. Presents for Christmas -Solomon Burke
2. Santa Claus is Coming- Ray Charles
3. Winter Wonderland -Annie Lennox
4. Thank God It's Christmas- Queen
5. Santa Claus is Coming -Pointer Sisters
6. That Spirit of Christmas -Ray Charles
7. Blue Christmas -Loretta Lynn
8. Back Door Santa -Clarence Carter
9. Merry Christmas Baby -Sheryl Crow & Eric Clapton
10. Run Run Rudolph- Bryan Adams
11. Lonely This Christmas- Mud
12. Merry Christmas Everybody -Slade
13. Blue Christmas- Gary Hoey
14. Merry Christmas Baby -Tina Turner
15. Five Wishes for Christmas -Steve Martin
16. White Christmas -The Beatles
17. Merry Christmas Baby -Otis Redding
18. Another Christmas Song -Jethro Tun
19. Rockabilly Christmas- Big Bad Voodoo Daddies
20. Christmas All Over Again -Tom Petty
21. Walking'round Bob Rivers
22. Father Christmas -The Kinks
23. Christmas (Please Come Home) - U2
24. I Am Santa Claus - Ozzie
1. Poor Man's X-mas -Smokin' Joe Kubek wl Bnois King
2. Merry Christmas Baby I Please Come Home for Christmas -
3. Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin' -Albert King
4. I Wanna Be Your Santa Claus -Jerry McCain
5. Please Come Home for Christmas -Johnny Winter
6. Santa Claus, Santa Claus -Louis Jordan
7. Lonesome Christmas -Lowell Fulson
8. Run Rudolph Run -Chuck Berry
9. All I Need for Christmas is You -BB Coleman & Blues Boy Willie
10. At the Christmas Ball -Bessie Smith wl Louis Armstrong
11. How I Hate to See Christmas Come Around -Jimmy
12. Sonny Boy's Christmas Blues -Sonny Boy Williamson
13. Christmas Comes but Once a Year -Charles Brown
& Johnny Otis
14. Merry Christmas Baby -BB King
15. Christmas Tears -Sandra Hall wl Chicago Bob Nelson
16. Every Day Will Be Like a Holiday -William Bell
17. Santa's Messin' with the Kid -Eddie C. Campbell
18. Santa -Lightnin' Hopkins
19. Santa, Don't Let Me Down -Earl King
20. Merry Christmas Baby - Luther Johnson "Guitar Junior"
1. Booge Woogie Santa Claus - Mabel Scott
2. Absent Minded Santa - Jerry McCain
3. Christmas Is Here Again - Little Johnny Taylor
4. Christmas Time - Trudy Lynn
5. Please Come Home For Christmas - Holy Cole
6. One Day Before Christmas - Legendary Blues Band
7. Sad, Sad Christmas - McCain/Coleman
8. Merry Christmas baby - William Bell
9. Blue Christmas - Meditation Singers
10. Gee Whiz It's Christmas - Carla Thomas'
11. Jingle Bells - Bookwer T and The MGs
12. Backdoor Santa - BB King
13. Happy Christmas Tears - Little Jimmy King
14. X-mas Blues - Preston Shannon Band
15. Five Pound Box Of Money - Michelle Wilson
16. I Wanna Spend Christmas With You - Lowell Fulson
17. Merry Christmas Baby - Chuck Berry
18. Empty Stocking Blues - Floyd Dixon
19. May Christmas Bring You Happiness - Chick Willis
20. Sam's Christmas Blues - Anson Funderburgh
21. I Didn't Get Nothin' For Christmas - Vernon Garrett
1. Christmas Celebration - B.B. King
2. Christmas, Don't Forget About Me - Drink 5mqll
3. Run, Rudolph, Run - Roomful of Blues
4. Dig That Crazy Santa Claus - Oscar McLollie & His Honey Jumpers
5. Cool Yule - Louis Armstrong & the Commanders
6. Who Took the Merry Out of Christmas - Staple Singers
7. Santa Done Got Hip - The Marquees
8. Boogie Woogie Santa Claus - Lionel Hampton
9. Five Pound Box of Money - Pearl Bailey
10. Santa Baby - Holly Cole
11. Let's Make Christmas Mean Something - James Brown
12. Lonesome Christmas - Blues Boy Willie
13. Just a Lonely Christmas - Diana Ross & the Suptemes
14. Merry Christmas, Baby - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
15. (AII I Want For Christmas) Is To Lay Around - Chick Willis
16. Hey Santa Claus - The Moonglows
17. Santa Claus is Back in Town - Nqppy Brown
18. Christmas Spirit - Julie Lee & Het Boy Friends
19. Christmas Tears - David Dee
20. I Told Santa Claus - Roomful of Blues
21. Wintertime Done Rolled - Lightnin S1im
22. Let's Make Christmas Merry, Baby - Amos Milburn
23. Blues for Christmas - Eddie C. Campbell
24. Please Come Home for Christmas - Chick Willis
This is not a Christmas song, but it seems soooooooooo right this Christmas. ♡ ♡ ♡
by Kenneth Wayne6 months ago
Just curious why you can't say Merry Christmas anymore? I have never got upset when someone said Happy Hanukkah. The way I see it, someone is just wishing good times based on whatever their background is. I think it's...
by Jacqueline Williamson BBA MPA MS2 years ago
When I was a child, my parent told me that Santa delivered all the goodies that were under the tree. I later found out at school from fellow students that there was no such person. I didn’t tell my parents that I knew...
by Susan Keeping5 years ago
Merry Christmas to all my Hubber friends. I hope you all have a peaceful day.
by spiderpam7 years ago
After viewing the comments of almost every skeptic here and beyond. I’ve noticed that when they get into a tight corner or really want to get off topic they bring up Santa Clause. It happens 99% of the time. I...
by Make Money7 years ago
We should not be discouraged from wishing a Merry Christmas to anyone anywhere, including in these forums.So it being December 1st I would like to wish everyone an early Merry Christmas.I will try to post a different...
by ViralWhisper6 years ago
As adults, we have an obligation to start teaching our children the very essence and real spirit of Christmas. I know that as a kid, most of us were conditioned to believe that Christmas is all about Santa Claus and...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.