jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
    Jacqueline4390posted 10 months ago

We are at the 7th day before Christmas and it’s around this time that the “little ones” get very excited about the big day. And actually, some of us “big ones” get excited as well. There is last minute shopping, menu planning and putting the finishing touches on the decorations.

How long do you normally wait until you take down all those lovely ornaments? Some usually take them down on New Year’s Day while others may keep it up a couple of days afterwards. Since there is no designated timeframe—what do you think is appropriate or conventional?

1. SheilaMilne profile image88
      SheilaMilneposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I follow the tradition of taking the decorations down on the twelfth day of Christmas, Epiphany, 6th January.  My grandmother considered it unlucky to keep any decorations up after Twelfth Night.

2. purl3agony profile image95
    purl3agonyposted 10 months ago

Our HOA requires we take down our outdoor decorations no later than a week after Christmas.  Though I think this is a little strict. I usually take down our indoor decorations at the same time so I can pack them away together.

3. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 10 months ago

Whenever we get around to it...February. March.... smile if the stores can start selling Easter eggs straight after Christmas...we can leave or decorations up.

4. Live to Learn profile image80
    Live to Learnposted 10 months ago

When to take them down? I haven't had time to put them up.

5. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
    Jacqueline4390posted 10 months ago

All great answers everyone! I was late putting up my tree (dealing with the news of having cancer) but now that I have dealt with that; I have everything up and when I put it back is anyone's guess :-)