gposchman profile image 88

Mr. or Mister, Missus, Mrs.

I guess it's about abbreviations. Jonas Watcher: The Case of the Bourbon Street Hustler in written circa 1930. So Mizz is out or is it Miz.? When identifying characters, Mister Smith, or Mr.Smith, which is preferable? Both are correct, so is there a protocol? Is it personal? The book is being setup for proof in Create Space, but before I actually order printed paperbacks, to distribute to my readers and editors, I thought I would throw this out?

lisavollrath profile image88

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• gposchman profile image

Gene Poschman (gposchman) 21 months ago

Actually for New Orleans I have some research and you are right about that part of it. You have French, Cajun, Creole, and combinations of all three that make for interesting reading. An etiquette book from the time might help. Thanks.

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 21 months ago

I thought Miss was a single lady - and Ms. was for 'Mizz' the ones who were single or seperated but did not want it to be known which.