jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

You are in business with business expenses

1. The Daniel profile image59
    The Danielposted 6 years ago

I call myself The Daniel.  Why? It's to my liking.  After all, Donald Trump is the Donald.  So, why not The Daniel.

After getting published I felt so proud.  Now, I'm so disappointed with what hasn't happened.  I've had two signings which exposed me by just a fraction.

Now, I'm rewriting two other novels into one novel. I have to choke off those brain freeze avenues.  I like to make trouble for my characters.  My FBI agent go himself into a lot of hot water for the last raids he went on from his office position as the regional head of narcotics.

My published novel is my problem for readers to get to know about.

I have already gone through a great deal of expense with newspaper ads, internet ads, post cards and placing the cards on cars.  I'd really be happy with a site (which I did have and a nice one, too). But, what good is a site if it's not in a search engine.That is where the problem lies.  Also, anyone looking for a novel to enjoy would just go to a book store site.

My daughter has a new site and I'll be asking you know what.  She's got a lot of links.  That's great! Good exposure.  If I can hook up I'm going to go that way.

I have also passed out many cards to students on campus and to many others.

I'm glad I didn't expect to become rich!  What a disappointment that would have been.

1. 0
      loriamooreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you self-publish or use a publisher?  My publisher gets publicity and public-speaking engagements for me as well as schedules book signings.  Also, there are TONS of free websites out there for authors.  If your book is published through a publisher, find it out there in www.FiledBy.com and claim your site.  Also, Goodreads allows published authors a page there.

My first book releases this month, it's on Amazon and Barnes & Noble right now but not on bookstore shelves yet.   I've already had quite a bit of publicity and half a dozen local book signings.  I've got two more books coming out in 2010.

Good luck!

2. Leelin profile image60
    Leelinposted 6 years ago

Why don't you write a few hubs an show us what you can do? Who knows you could sell a few copies to some hubbers.

3. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Yes, the Daniel, use Hubpages as a springboard site. Write excerpts and use good keywords and get your novel noticed more.