jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Illustrator Wanted!

1. northweststarr profile image80
    northweststarrposted 6 years ago

I'm looking for an illustrator to illustrate the children's book I've written. I don't have a preference on the medium.  If you are an artistic person, let me know and I'd be happy to consider you! Thanx!

1. witness4HIMhope profile image60
      witness4HIMhopeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am an illustator and love doing it for children's books.

If you like my work on my hubs, let me know and we will go from there.

2. 0
      pinkyleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

im not artistic but my boyfriend is and i have told him to contact you

northweststarrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanx have him do that...

3. P1 SpareNone profile image62
      P1 SpareNoneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah, i love to draw, paint, airbrush, all that.  i know i could do a wonderful job!  what are the details for what you've written, i know i could conjure up an idea.  thanks!

4. 0
      JYNXARTposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd love the opportunity to illustrate your story. Are there anymore details about exactly what the story is? I've always wanted to illustrate a childrens book and would just enjoy the chance.

Here's a link to lots of work I've done, check it out and let me know.

Hope to hear back from you.

5. SaiKit profile image77
      SaiKitposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good idea to look for people in hubpages forum northweststarr !

I have posted a hiring post (looking for Mechanical Turk HIT manager) earlier in the forum and the moderator deleted that post

Later I noticed that it says:

"Advertising and promotional posts in the forums will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account."

But northweststarr you are able to get around that, what should I do to post a post like yours but not pushing the botton?

2. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

If you want a good illustrator, hubber Art 4 Life http://hubpages.com/profile/Art+4+Life
    Once you see her work, you will stop looking. She sat and drew a picture of my mule in 5 minutes that was a perfect image of him. She is excellent, easy to work with and talented as all get out.   Contact her, you will not be sorry.

northweststarrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

will do...

3. Bianca de Jong profile image60
    Bianca de Jongposted 6 years ago

hey! i would love for you to check out my work... if u send me your email address i would gladly send a pdf of my portfolio to you.

4. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Without wanting to do anybody out of work, I do feel that I have a very valid point to make here.

Most (not all, but most) publishers of childrens books prefer a manuscript without illustrations, as they do those in-house.

If you pay for an illustrator now, you could lose yourself a fair bit of money. If you agree to give your illustrator a proportion of your revenues, you could be paying them for illustrations which are not used.

A much more sensible idea would be to suggest that your preferred illustrator does a couple of samples, and then forward these to publishers as a suggestion.

As a general rule though, illustration is accounted for in the publishers costs. I have explained this in slightly greater depth in my hubpage 'How To Publish A Childrens Book' which was written with the help of a friend in the industry, http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Publish-A-Childrens-Book

Good luck.

5. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I would love to help out, but I'm still working on my graphic novels and they keep me pretty busy, plus I'm also trying to do a couple of childrens books of my own too, all this and still writing hubpages and blogging and making youtube videos!!! the world is a busy place!

6. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 6 years ago

I have worked illustrating CD covers, and they always pay for each illustration, whether they use it or not.Sometimes the artist pays for it, if he wants you . If not the publisher does, if he choses to work with you.