Jobs tears into Google in upcoming biography

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Jobs tears into Google in upcoming biography
    SAN FRANCISCO — Google can only hope that Steve Jobs' final vendetta doesn't haunt the Internet search leader from his grave.

The depths of Jobs' antipathy toward Google leaps out of Walter Isaacson's authorized biography of Apple's co-founder. The book goes on sale Monday, less than three weeks after Jobs' long battle with pancreatic cancer culminated in his Oct. 5 death. The Associated Press obtained a copy Thursday.

The biography drips with Jobs' vitriol as he discusses his belief that Google stole from Apple's iPhone to build many of the features in Google's Android software for rival phones.

It's clear that the perceived theft represented an unforgiveable act of betrayal to Jobs, who had been a mentor to Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin and had welcomed Google's CEO at the time, Eric Schmidt, to be on Apple's board. … qTZ6nIg9dM
    i guess Google won this battle

1. BradyBones profile image91
      BradyBonesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Steve Jobs gave a great deal to the technology that we have today, but at the same time he acted much like a dictator in some regards. I was very shocked when he called out long time ally, Adobe, in reference to Apple choosing to shy away from Flash. I found it particularly interesting given all that Adobe has done for Apple in the way of multimedia specialization. The platform is touted as a multimedia power horse based on Photoshop and other media handling tools built by Adobe.

If this is true, it only goes to show that while he may have been a visionary, Jobs was a bully at heart. Great change has come from the hands of dictators, but the will of the people will eventually stand in conflict.

Has Google "won"? Does it deserve to win? Only time and retrospect will be able to answer these questions. It will be very interesting to see where both Apple and Google go from here.