How many of you pay your bills through some form of online biz?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Dave Collado profile image59
    Dave Colladoposted 9 years ago

After 12yrs of supporting my family through my WordPress biz I'd be interested to know how many others also pay their bills through WP or some other form of online business?
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11919809.jpg

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that is something people should answer to on the internet

Dave Colladoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry I'm not the irs. I don't need to know figures just if anyone has done it? I think it takes a  special type of grit and determination to believe in yourself, and to have faith in your abilities, and that's something I admire very much.

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I work full time from home as a writer. Most of my income comes from freelancing, but I get a payment from Google and Amazon.com every few months and a payment from Hubpages each month.

Does that answer your question?

3. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't pay specific bills with online activities, but my online earnings have bought some big ticket items for the household over the years. smile

4. kaiyan717 profile image84
      kaiyan717posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have been living off my online work for about 4 years now.  Got to love it.

That's awesome Kaiyan717^!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image62
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I think the question is asking people as to whether or not they are supporting families by whatever they do online whether it is affiliate marketing, through writing sites, etc.

Most will say they do okay.  Most won't divulge their earnings.  In fact it is against HP TOS to divulge earnings.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was responding to this:
      " I'd be interested to know how many others also pay their bills... "
      I still say it is something we should not announce to others

Where is no ones business

3. lions44 profile image94
    lions44posted 9 years ago

I work in the industry and I still don't bank online.  There's fraud in regular "paper" banking, but there's something about the digital process that still gives me pause. I will eventually have to move to online and remote deposit capture, but for now, I'm staying old school.

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think you misunderstand the OP. He was not asking about online banking but rather earning an income online through passive income or eCommerce or any other online opportunity.

4. RanaKm profile image44
    RanaKmposted 9 years ago

I have not made a single dime from the internet yet! I mean I'm seeing numbers for cents increasing daily but that's totally not the purpose I wanna reach with my finance online! I really need to know how to make that happen sad I've been trying for 6-7 months now and I've never redeemed anything to my Paypal account, it has been always empty...

I wish I can reach my goal of working online as I'm really working hard for it but sometimes I'm just backing up due to several reasons including not getting any money transferred to my account yet and that I focused on working offline to pay bills,food and rent because I can never depend on the internet for now, I hope I find myself depending on it in some other time in the very very near future because I really think I need that!!!!!

5. RanaKm profile image44
    RanaKmposted 9 years ago

By the way, what is WP biz? I know WP but I don't know "biz" ?

WP biz, I just mean anything having something to do with WordPress. Could be anything from writing a blog, design, tweaks, seo, maintenance etc. Over the years I've landed several gigs on twitter using simple search operators like "wordpress  how ? -filter:links" or "wordpress does anyone ? -filter:links" The initial jobs are always small, but once you gain their trust they can become very profitable.

By the way RanaKm, checking out your work, one thing I think that might be great for you is this website http://www.patreon.com/creators/ Patreon makes it possible for users to pledge a dollar amount of their choice to you, and you get paid every time you release new work. Some creators make as much as 10 times what they would make off adds on youtube. It's kinda like having groupies, and I know you have a pretty decent following on twitters lol. The work would still be the same work for you, it would still be free to view, but this just gives your audience an opportunity to give a little back. Similarly some creators offer special incentives to patrons. Anyhow, check it out!

6. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 9 years ago

I have used money from eHow and HP  and Adsense to pay bills and buy clothes HH items. I just got my first payout from Adsense. I don't make oodles of money, but I am proud of my writing and incidental income.

Thanks for sharing brakel2! It certainly is a great feeling isn't it.

7. RanaKm profile image44
    RanaKmposted 9 years ago

Thank you so much for the useful info! I really appreciate it and I'm gonna check this site out smile You got me feeling enthusiastic now, I see you have a lot of experience in working online and stuff and I would love it to get some advice from you.
    Is this Patreon international though?
    Thank you!

Any time! Here is everything you need to know about patreon http://www.patreon.com/faq

1. RanaKm profile image44
        RanaKmposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've read the FAQ and I've made an account! I'll see how things go there! Thank you for your suggestion! If you have more websites like Hubpages and this Patreon site then please do share them big_smile

Alright... I'll share one more with you, but that's it. Lol Check out crowdcontent.com

1. RanaKm profile image44
            RanaKmposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Haha thank you!! Do you have anything with Revenue sharing systems? For photos, videos and or articles..
            I know these but I 've never felt enthusiastic into trying them out especially after reading some reviews about them:
            Xomba
            Infobarrel
            wikinut
            wikihow
            ehow
            demand studios
            personapaper
            flixya
            triond
            dailytwocents
            writedge
            earnwrite
            oondi
            webanswers
            write.com
            about.com
            Tecklr

and some others - Can't remember them all..
            I didn't join these for many reasons including low popularity, bad contributor rights, didn't like FAQS, low earnings, bad support, no trust  and others...
            I want a site that offers revenue sharing from multiple streams and not just Google adsense, for example chitika, kontera, adverising.com, casale media, popads and all these affiliate cpm networks that give high revenues..
            Depending on just google adsense, amazon and ebay sucks! Because not all people are good at making readers buy from amazon or ebay, and Google adsense alone is not enough at all...

8. RanaKm profile image44
    RanaKmposted 9 years ago

Oh btw no, I barely have followers on twitter, I just rarely use this site! I've always hate it big_smile it's just boring and I've had my account there open for about 3-4 years with 115-130 followers and I open it once every 3 months haha.. What I mostly love to use is Facebook and I'm working on getting likes to my pages there..

9. Lionrhod profile image79
    Lionrhodposted 9 years ago

I supported myself with 2 online crafts businesses for about a decade. Then a house fire destroyed my computers (and thus my contact with my customers and with it my paypal account -- to this day, I pray the b******s at paypal sent the money back to the folks for anything outstanding) my websites (which we couldn't afford to renew while we were recovering) as well as all my tools and thousands of dollars of supplies. Ack!  We'd just upgraded all our casting equipment.

I won't even mention how much of my writing I lost.

(LOL so if anything, a reminder for small business folks to invest in house insurance!)

Years later, we still haven't really recovered.

Ah well, I guess I needed the lesson of not being attached to the material. Hubby, me, the cat and the dog all got out safe. The cat was MIA for 7 weeks but eventually came home safe. Meanwhile we were blessed by a 2nd cat joining our family within 12 hours of the fire--he found hubby in a parking lot and literally jumped into his arms.

Presently hubby teaches ballroom dance and I work as a psychic and am once again beginning to work towards selling my writing online as well as pimping my books.

If SEO and social media hadn't changed drastically in the past few years I'd be a happier person.

Despite the challenges, I'm learning how to do it all over again. It's not as easy as it used to be, but I still believe it's possible to pay at least a good portion of your bills by working online.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)