jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever gotten an auto accident settlement?

1. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Always contact an attorney!

3 years ago, when my ex was walking down the road & hit by a drunk driver he ended up with 2 broken legs (1 has now been amputated)My ex had no insurance but hired an attorney ASAP!  He got a good settlement cuz the guy was driving a company vehicle!

A month after that my 2 oldest were hit by a guy who ran a red light.  Again, we had no insurance but hired an attorney right away.  They both got fair settlements, considering medical bills had to be paid.

3 months after that, my youngest crashed his bike into a brick wall & broke his patella (kneecap).  No settlement cuz it was his own fault.  smile

2. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

I received a settlement last year for a car accident. A 16 year old kid ran a stop sign and I hit her at 55 miles an hour. She stepped out of her car and the first thing out of her mouth was, " OMG- I bet my dad is going to make me drive the Volvo" I fractured my hip, sprained one wrist and fractured the other- as well as my car was totaled-She wasnt hurt, her 13 year old sister who was in the car-sprained her wrist.
    I didn't have to go to a lawyer though- Insurance Company Handled everything- all I did was say yes or no to the Settlement Offers they threw out. When I agreed with a dollar amount I signed a paper and was sent a check. (But I think you must have a police report for insurance to take a stand-or proof of the accident)