Will completing surveys online make you money?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (28 posts)
  1. eculligan profile image69
    eculliganposted 13 years ago

I am looking to earn money online to support my online business.  I thought I would checkout these survey sights.  Are there any good survey sights out there that pay well?

1. Sunnyglitter profile image82
      Sunnyglitterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I talk about one of the paid survey sites I use on my blog (it's on my profile).  I would link you, but I'm not sure if that's allowed here.  I will say that I HATE paid surveys.  They pay very little, and are not really worth the time and effort.  However, if you get a group of referrals who do the work for you, they are a nice, steady stream of income.

2. yolanda yvette profile image60
      yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest you find another way to make extra money.  The survey sites that really will pay are willing to do so only if you subscribe to offers from their partners, i.e., spend money.

There are some websites that offer contest/sweepstake entries per survey you're eligible to take.

I probably went through just about every survey site with the same idea you have mind:  extra money.  But in the end, it proved to be a waste of time and energy.  And a little bit of money, too.

There are a couple sites I still do surveys through (mysurvey.com and npdor.com), mostly because I enjoy doing so.  But if you're looking to make money, I'd say try something else.

3. profile image52
      pager123posted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are numerous number of ways to make money online.Apart from the ways you have mentioned i can provide you with some other ways like:
               1.Sell Arts and Crafts Online
               2.Become a Virtual Assistant
               3.Stock or Forex Trading
               4.Reselling Business Online
      Reselling online is where you can buy Domains at cheap rates and sell them for the price you fix...I am doing it with the help of http://www.goresellers.com/ where they offer you with free online storage,Deluxe Email account etc....

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

The best I've come across are:

*Pureprofile
    *Rewards central

From them, it's taken me about 5 years, doing the basic stuff to make the same amount as I've made on hubpages in one year.

Survey sites are low paying - yes, they might pay you $5 for a half hour survey, but most will only give you about 2-3 hours of surveys a week maximum.

Plus, once you're done, you haven't learnt anything and you don't get anymore money.

When you write on hubpages, whatever you write keeps earning and the earnings increase with time. Plus you'll learn about what works best as well as any information you research for your hubs.

Best advice I've seen, said by a hubber after six months with only a handful of hubs:

With just a few hubs I've started to earn a few dollars. And now I'm kicking myself, wondering what I'd have earnt if I wrote lots of hubs when I started.

1. profile image51
      trip2bangkokposted 13 years agoin reply to this

, i hope you to dont go to other fraud companies which all are scam 99%
      but i have a company speak asia which is genuine and amazing plan which helps you to earn a huge income
      www.speakasiaonline.com

An income opportunity- Just work 2 hours in a month by filling up 8 surveys
      Earn 500 each survey & call for how to earn more CALL PASHA

3. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

there are true market research and medical/educational surveys online that pay 25-100 usd per survey, but unlike the crappy "survey sites" you have to fit specific demographics to be eligible.

Dig through 20+ pages of google returns skipping all the slick "survey sites" and you can get some real gold.

Lol, you look like your in my demo so even if I had quick access to a list(bookmarks on another PC) of the sites right now, I probably couldn't share as spots are usually limited for the best surveys.

nielsen actually sent me $4o in cash WITH the survey!

4. profile image53
    miklanderson2posted 13 years ago

There are sites that will pay you to fill out surveys. While you likely wont be able to quit your day job, you may be able to make a little extra pocket money.

5. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Yes, some.

However, you could sacrifice some personal information (if you actually use real info) and you could open yourself up to spam.

I'd recommend not using your normal email address, but make one just for these types of sites.

1. Ipeoney profile image70
      Ipeoneyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To answer your question about surveys there are many that are legitimate. I joined a few and I'm still in the process of looking at other surveys and gather information and experience about each one of them, and then I will comeback to this post to share my experience, and write a blog and hub too. Globaltestmarket.com is one that I already joined. You have to take the survey as soon as they give it to you because it will expire easily. mysurvey.com and IPSOS survey panel are the others. I assume that Christmas time is coming, more surveys to take.

6. eculligan profile image69
    eculliganposted 13 years ago

Thanks all for the great information and tips.

7. Attention Getter profile image61
    Attention Getterposted 13 years ago

In my experience they don't make tons of money for the effort you put in. Many surveys I couldn't take because of my location, age, and gender - and I ended up putting a lot of effort answering questions to be kicked out of the survey at a certain point before I was finished. It's up to you though!

8. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 13 years ago

you probably could make money...if you don't live in Canada.  All the great survey sites wouldn't accept me because of my location.

9. Spider Girl profile image54
    Spider Girlposted 13 years ago

I've signed up for 2 survey sites and have got $5 at each site for completing a simple survey at both. But that's around a year ago, no survey filling offer since then!

10. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Basically it's a waste of money.
    I don't know about US or UK or Australia but I tried in Canada.
    It's not working. Couple of credits, couple of surveys, not eligible for this - not eligible for that. B*S* and nothing else.

11. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

It took about 2 years for me to get $50 accumulated cash after doing many surveys (perhaps 1 or 2 per week average) each taking anywhere between 10 minutes to half an hour.

Definitely not worth the time spent. Actually if the survey is long, we get bored and our quality of response becomes too casual and off tangent.

After encashing my first payment, I discontinued my account. Not my cup of tea.

12. LoganG profile image85
    LoganGposted 13 years ago

I've been using SurveySavvy for a couple years and made about $120 doing a couple surveys a month. Certainly not much, but it is real money for relatively little effort. And sometimes you can get involved in some interesting trials.

1. LoganG profile image85
      LoganGposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My sister also recommends Opinion Outpost. She has found she qualifies for many more surveys and it usually pays between $2 and $5 a survey. Also, you can cash out after only $5 in earnings.

13. georgescifo profile image74
    georgescifoposted 13 years ago

there are a lot of scam survey sites. You need to select the sites which are not scam and try participating in them...

14. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

It will also open you up to all sorts of fun junk mail.

15. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

I currently do surveys from time to time online and I have made money. Surveyhead is one of my favorite sites. I worked with at least three or four survey sites. In order to make money from these surveys, first you must meet a few qualifications to qualify to take the survey and you must take these surveys quite frequently to make serious money. In the long run you can make as much as 100 to 150 dollars per month if you take at least one to two surveys a day assuming you meet the qualifications to take them and payout starts at $25.00 for one of the sites I have worked with. It is an easy way to make money if you do mine answering the same questions over and over from different surveys. It become a little reduntant after a few surveys.

16. rotl profile image59
    rotlposted 13 years ago

Interesting... I thought all "survey" sites were scams.

1. melpor profile image90
      melporposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, most survey sites are not scams. A course you will not get rich overnight. I have registered to 4 survey sites, here are three of the four I am in, I can not remember the fourth one.

Surveyhead.com (Pay by cash)
      MySurvey.com (Pay by Cash)
      SurveySpot.com (Pay by points redeemable for cash or rewards)

I have received money from Surveyhead.com via my Paypal account.

17. wisper2musty profile image57
    wisper2mustyposted 13 years ago

I'm interested can u teach me?

18. wendymckee profile image60
    wendymckeeposted 13 years ago

You may want to try Webeserve where you just post links and earn money.  I also make pretty good money here in Canada (someone else said there is no money for surveys in Canada, but there is).  I get paid $5 per survey from Pinecone Research.  It is paid to my paypal account within a couple of days.  I also received a check from Survey Lion just recently.  No, it was not an enormous check, but I was elated.  lol  Survey Head is good too.

19. profile image49
    monyonlinposted 12 years ago

We have many sites where you get lot more information about earning money online. But we cannot trust them. From my experience I suggest you to visit money-online-with.com where they provide exact information and you can get what ever online job you required.
    Wish you good luck .

earning money blogging

20. Sushant1 profile image57
    Sushant1posted 9 years ago

Hi,

I have found a new site, which really helped me, so I felt like sharing it with all, check it out -
    http://www.jalearn.com/why-people-are-w … 4-surveys/

21. gtsemil profile image58
    gtsemilposted 9 years ago

I have spent more than 10 years online and I can call myself a webmaster as I have tried (almost) every possible way of earning money online. In my personal experience huge percent of those sites are just scum. Of course, you are able to find few worthy. Doing surveys, you will spend much time answering questions earning minimal returns over time.

If you want to earn decent amount of cash, you will need to put focus on other ways of earning money online...

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)