The Dems also have a "scheme" to withhold and withdraw various cabinet positions based upon if they agree to abide by Pelosi and Reid's plans,so this would essentially be the same thing. The difference is that the Reps actually put it in writing.
I wanted to see what the purity actually was before commenting. They have to agree with at least 8 of the 10. Here is the resolution’s list:
(1) We support smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama’s “stimulus” bill;
(2) We support market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run health care;
(3) We support market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation;
(4) We support workers’ right to secret ballot by opposing card check;
(5) We support legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants;
(6) We support victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges;
(7) We support containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat;
(8) We support retention of the Defense of Marriage Act;
(9) We support protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care and government funding of abortion; and
(10) We support the right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership.
Other than #8, this is basically a "less govt, better for economic strength" list. While I'm uncomfortable with "Do it my way or leave" ultimatums, this list seems to be mostly an insult to Obama's policies and a junior high school attempt to gain media attention while publicly stating their opinion.
And while I happen to agree with most things on this list, I think it should've removed Obama's name and focused on the principles only.
So, the Reps are doing a good thing, actually, but continuing on with their long history of doing it in an idiotic laughable manner.