jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What Will Happen?

1. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

I have questions and I would like you to weigh in on it.

What do you think will happen to America when it's Currency crashes?

What affects/effects do you think will happen in your life?

Just curious. Feel free to indulge in whatever thoughts about it.

1. 0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't see America's currency crashing. We are headed down a bad road, but we are far from crashing. America has weathered much worse than what we are facing right now.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

The societal infrastructure will collapse. Violence will rule the land. Over half of our population will die within a year. Heck, violence rules the land now, but the infrastructure manages to keep it mostly in check.

3. Niteriter profile image79
    Niteriterposted 4 years ago

Hi, Cagsil! Long time no see!

First, I don't think the currency will crash. There are a lot of people making money because folks fear that it might. But if it does, I don't think it will "crash" until a replacement means of exchange has been accepted.

Second, people got by before currencies were invented. Life would be different without the currencies we now understand, but there would be no calamity. People are resilient, resourceful, and capable of dealing with change.

Third, fear is a useless emotion. Why not ask Hubbers for their thoughts on new ideas for alternative currencies? Hope and positive emotion are much more constructive.

Four, how the heck are you?

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Niteriter, it has definitely been a while. WOW! Nice to see you.

I was just curious to see what people would have to say about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

People are just in fact people and you're right that life on Earth did exist before currency ever did.

As for asking hubbers about an idea about alternatives, what difference would it make? It is irrelevant to the question at hand.

Edit: I'm doing well. I hope you are also. smile

4. Niteriter profile image79
    Niteriterposted 4 years ago

I just dropped in for a quick look around and was happy to see a familiar name. I'm glad to see that you're still around and still inspiring thought in your admirably provocative way.

Best wishes, Cagsil. I hope to get back soon.

5. suziecat7 profile image81
    suziecat7posted 4 years ago

Chaos, of course, but people are resilient and would find alternative currencies and learn once again to barter. I agree there would be some violence but I don't think it would rule the land. Interesting question - I'll have to think on it.

6. 0
    rickyliceaposted 4 years ago

Well all imported products will become much more expensive, and since the U.S. doesn't make a lot of things which are used by the average consumer, there will be mass inflation, wiping out the savings of many people.

If its relatively soon it will make my student loans worthless, so i guess thats good for me. But I will be much poorer, because of  the diminished wages.