Will Our Armed Forces be forgotten about ?

1. soldiersmuzzle profile image60
    soldiersmuzzleposted 4 years ago

After the news of the reformation of the british army and the reminder that it is being reduced from 102,000 to 82,000 over the next few years has made me wonder what is going to happen to these veterans and service leavers. Once these men and women are officially out of the army are they are left to fend for themselves?

I have have been searching around to see what is out there for our service leavers and veterans. And maybe at first glance there are alot of organizations such as he Royal British Legion, Army Welfare, Army Benevolent fund and others.

Many of these veterans are carrying injuries from years of service, have never experienced any other life than that of service life, or have experienced many Operational tours. So surely they should be looked after even once they left, Yes they recieve compensation and pensions but in todays economical climate its not really going to last that long and money does not help in the matter of injured personnel, PTSD or a huge lifestyle change.

So my worry is that this huge number of Heroes are going to be forgotten about, I sincerely hope not!

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is an issue in the United States as well. Perhaps that's the price we pay for having a volunteer, mercenary army recruited from the poor and unemployed.