jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Obama in California on the Tonight Show

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

So President Obama is in California and he went on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. This gives the president another platform to sell his ideas. The Republicans are accusing Obama of going back on the campaign trail. He may be doing that, but the Republicans have to come up with better arguments than that if they are to regain any credibility

2. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Man, this was a popular topic.  Fishskinfreak!  Don't feel left out.  Yours was the most sane post presentation.

You are absolutely right.

3. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

Not only do I agree with you, I also think it is necessary for Obama to "stay" in touch with his fellow Americans.  The white house appears to be open for business again.  Obama has brought back the feeling, that Americans are in charge of the white house.  I don't know how going on the Tonight Show helps maintaining that persona, but whatever he is doing he is doing it correctly.  What would it hurt for republicans to be in partnership with this administration?  I think it would do the republicans good to appear that they are "friendly" and not angry, hate mongers all the time.

4. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 7 years ago

He simply used that venue for another way to sell his ideas to the public in a very friendly and easy going manner.  Whether one agrees with his politics or not, it is hard to dispute the fact that he is very outgoing and charming.  Bet that the ratings were higher than ever for the Tonight Show!