Woman trashed a store: after her EBT Card was denied!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (25 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Here is a video going viral of a plus size woman trashing a store after her food stamps benefit card was declined.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=58a_1464890232

The woman's belligerent behavior was stopped by a store worker who managed to grab her from behind and hauled the woman with a considerable large frame outside.

What should the store owner have done?
    A)  Restrained her and called police
    B)  Stop accepting EBT cards
    C)  Shown her the door, gently yet persuasively
    D)  Nothing. Insurance covers it

Back in 2013 only after an hour of EBT systems being down, there were lootings and “mini-riots” at several Walmart stores across the country because of a temporarily glitch. Some EBT card users threatened to stage Rodney King-style riots in Los Angeles if the electronic system ever went down again.

Let's hope that the systems never go down for several days.

People had taken to Twitter about a riot.  There was slew of them. 
    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13049112.jpg

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Staged video fakery. Where is the story behind the video? The rightwinger is gunning for minority groups and we not going to allow all this sitting down, that is a promise. We will destroy the Trump candidacy and all that the rightwinger stands for.....

MOre of the same stereotypes that will continue to keep conservatives at odds with minority communities and the result of this is that they will reap the harvest of this ill considered approach in the coming years, demographic changes coming along, don't you know?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What story would you like?  Video from a liberal media that wasn't there and wouldn't air it anyway?  Police report from cops that weren't there?  Newspaper reports from liberal papers that wouldn't touch such a scene?

On the other hand, it would take a really stupid woman to allow such a video to hit the internet without having something to say about it, and in court.

But you might check this one out, along the same lines:
        http://www.infowars.com/ebt-card-users- … yle-riots/

The rag that you put forth as evidence could easily have its use be interchangeable with toilet paper.

When I discuss with you, I am careful not to quote Salon or Huffington Post, etc. as sources that may harbor a liberal bias. This rubbish publication has more than just a slight right wing bias....

I offer CNN, while you offer Das Sturmer? You conservatives are telling me that you have no belief in the mainstream press but give credence to the most deplorable of racist rags. Because they give the view of the world according to your imagination.

If this Alex Jones is the basis of the pro-Trump argument than he is as believable as the moon being made of green cheese. Maybe the Conservatives are the guys in the tin foil hats?

I expect this reasoning tact from Colorfulone, but not from you.

BTW

"But it’s quite the contrary. Looking at national numbers, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are actually white. U.S. Department of Agriculture data from 2013, which administers welfare, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are Black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American".

So why the insinuation that this is a 'Black thing"? Racist reporting from an ugly and sinister rightwing/reactionary crowd that must be defeated from their plans at all costs.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Credence, not everything is about race - it is only you that choose to make it so.  I did not mention it, the OP did not mention it and the link I gave did not mention it. 

If you don't like the source (first on the google search), then find your own.  There were lots of reports of people threatening violence if EBT temporarily stopped.

But if you wish to bring race into the equation (and you did), then at least be honest and give the whole story rather than slanting it towards the result you want us to believe.  40% of SNAP recipients are white, while 72% of the population is.  26% of recipients are black, while comprising 12% of the population.  There are more white recipients than black because there are far more whites than blacks.    (From wikipedia, but as I don't care what the numbers are I did not research further than a very quick wiki check).

There are lots of people threatening to violence if EBT is stopped, seem that statistically since more whites than blacks are on it, the trashy article would not feature the issue as solely a black problem.

When it comes to Trump and his appeal and controversy over the last few weeks it is about Race.

We are not talking about proportions, if you against the concept of EBT, then look at who uses it the most. If it is so bad then why are so many white folks on it? The rag you reference still uses racism, instead of troubling to tell the full truth about this. I get the conservative message, it is not about 'free stuff' it is about WHO is getting the 'free stuff''.

colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

People are on food stamps because they qualify for the program because of low incomes.  Its not a racist issue.  Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of people on it who don't report all of their income because it can't be traced. Plenty of fraud to go around, I would guess.   

We have lost a lot of good jobs that moved to other countries because of failed foreign trade policies. There are plenty of people who want to work these days working 2-3 jobs to make ends meet.  We need jobs, good jobs again.  Trump is the only one who will to do something about it. 

Bill Clinton stated the downward decline with NAFAT.  Bush didn't fix it, Obama didn't fix it...and it will be status quo if Hillary gets on.

You would guess correctly, but not if you listened to Alex Jones' take on it.

Alex Jones is AWESOME DUDE!  He saves me a lot of reading time because he reads all the declassified gov. documents of stuff that happened.  I just have to listen to a video or radio show, I love that!   

There have been 1000's of things that happened like he said they would over the past decade. He is very good at predicting things because he connects the dates.  That's critical thinking and I admire how his brain works.  He's right on!   

If something is racist, he calls it like it is.  Everything is racist these days to the PC culture, people are nuts! 

You can call something racist, but can't extend that same liberty to someone else?  I think that's racist. wink  Or, is that just PC?

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

I want :
    EBT cards ,lots of them.
    Free college
    Free doctors visits and drugs
    Free Medical marijuana
    Free  high paying job , without hard work
    Free cars
    Free cell phones

Any body see a pattern ?

3. colorfulone profile image78

Cred, Salon promotes the pedophile agenda, and is bad as it gets for outright lies and denying the truth.  Huffington Post spreads liberal lies and hate, too.  It manifests in and on their followers.

It wasn't infowars that got the viral video of the woman trashing the store because her EBT card was reject. A customer got that footage. But, I hope she got that resolved. Infowars just ran the story because they covered the looting and riots that happened before when EBT systems were down.  Its all on record, it happens. 

I like Inforwars, its becoming one of the most trusted alternative news outlets on the the web, radio and now on TV also.  Its growing fast!  Only 6% of Americans trust MSM. Alex Jones isn't a conservative BTW, and from what I see his reporters don't seem to be either.  Nope, they are more radical then that, they believe individuals (everyone) should be able to regulate themselves freely and independently within the law without government interference. -  They are behind Trump, and so I am! 

My concern is that history does not repeat itself with EBT system glitches, looting and rioting.  It is a real concern for store owners, and for people who live in neighborhoods where that problem has occurred and could again.  Its explosive! 

I hope it doesn't happen, but...What if the systems went down for a few days?  Holy hell!

4. Matt Easterbrook5 profile image60
    Matt Easterbrook5posted 7 years ago

Sounds like this lady has enough energy to work and get a job. I truly believe that this system needs to be severely revamped. There are many of able working Americans collecting these food stamps that can and should get a job like the rest of us do daily. We need to have a monitoring and tracking system on the individuals getting food stamps and start making them do work even to receive them.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When unemployment is more likely 23% not 4.5% that the Government tells you. There is 7 states where half of the population collects food stamps on mostly unhealthy food.
      Most people know things are not getting better and 10s of millions of Americans have moved away from the US.

Myself, maybe moving off the Northern hemisphere, keep fighting over the small stuff.

5. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

Seeing that oversized ladies go crazy. It the sign of the time where people are dieing more from obesity than starvation in the world. Then you have more homeless than pubic servants.
    They need a home, not candy.

I remember the quality of life was better in Ecuador. Very few were without their own home. They are healthy, very friendly and so much more and one of the happiest countries in the World.

Better than living in a fema camp soon.

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13050561.png

7. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 7 years ago

It's a video of a person behaving badly, no more, no less.  This person does not represent anyone but herself.

That is straight to the point. Everyone is responsible for their own behavior.  I suppose we will never know if she was arrested and held accountable for damages, or barred from entering that store again.  Hopefully, she learned a lesson to pass on to others.

8. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 7 years ago

You can't paint all people on public assistance with the same brush.  I've known a lot of US public school teachers who qualified for food stamps, section 8, wic, etc.

Even some airflight pilots depend on food stamps, imagine someone not healthy enough flying your plane.

I had to check on pilots on food stamps, but you are right.  I read about a pilot with an income of $24,000. His family qualifies for food stamps.  Good for them!   Thanks for sharing that. 

I'm sure he would like to find a pilot's job that pays a living income.

So, the point is made that there are plenty of people who have work ethics and who are working that still qualify for food stamps.

So, it is not just a habit of willingly idle and lazy people, so what do you know?
          Spread the word...

No it is not just people who are lazy that are on Food Stamps. I don't think anyone said that. People who want to work and can't make a living-wage are forced to get assistance to feed there families. Hopefully, most people won't trash a store if their EBT card gets rejected or riot.

Welfare and the food stamp programs do encourage dependency on the welfare systems, so there are able bodied people who could be working but are not.  The Obama Administration admitted that is true...but they failed to fix NAFAT and CAFTA by making smarter trade deals, which amounts to less and less good paying manufacturing jobs remaining in American... While they create low paying service jobs. And, automated technology is just around the corner to replace humans' service jobs. 

I like the drug testing policies some states have now, and mandatory labor to receive food stamps.  Lots of people have dropped out of the program, I guess they decided they didn't need Food Stamps after all.  (wink)     

We should all be prepared for a natural disaster and have extra food and water on hand.  An EBT system glitch could be considered a technical disaster that people could be prepared for, instead of looting.

2. colorfulone profile image78

That's an eye opener, I believe you.  All teachers are not paid equally and don't get the same amount of work hours to make ends meet.  Then, the cost of living is much higher in some states compared to others.  Lots of variables with months to feed.

Obama warned get ready for a National disaster and Alan Greenspan Venezuela Marshal law is coming to America. That's if nobody believe me.

I'm selling out all land and houses and my pension allows me to live well in Bolivia.

F*ck the poor, soon everyone will be extremely poor in America ground zero. I'll tried to help from the outside in, even a bomb shelter won't help if there is too many bullies and hiding billionaires.

9. colorfulone profile image78

Eight days and many EBT recipients are still going without a resolve. It isn't a nation wide problem thankfully. I wonder what the problem is, and hope it is fixed soon. 

There are many reports on Down Detector and still pouring in. 
    http://downdetector.com/status/snap-ebt

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)