jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Amanda Knox

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 7 years ago

Is anyone familiar with this story? An American college student accused of murdering her roommate in Italy. She has so far been held for two years. The prosecution practically admits they have no case. They also more or less admit they are only still pursuing this case (they have convicted someone else of the murder already) because they don't want the Italian legal system to look bad. Italian law also stipulates that if she were acquited the prosecution could 'appeal' the case and try her all over again. Thoughts, anyone?

1. Harleyman57 profile image60
      Harleyman57posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I must be reading different information than you are about the case. Gee I thought her DNA was found on the knife where she cut herself plunging into her friends heart. The other person already convicted was a person that was part of the same sex party she was involved in when the murder took place. She admits being there, using drugs, and trying to have sex with the victim, but denies killing her. Sounds like the Italians which by the way have their own justice system and have had long before we started slaughtering Indians to develop this country. They are going to prosecutor her their way. Just like we hold people without a trial for five or six years by locking them up off shore in Cuba.

2. Rehma Jamshed profile image61
    Rehma Jamshedposted 7 years ago

I am not familiar with THIS story but I have heard many stories like these. What they dont realize is that admitting a mistake only brings more respect, does not make you look bad at least. Life is unfair though. Really feel sorry for the girl.

3. 0
    kvampbellaposted 7 years ago

I think she is guilty. They have evidence, not to mention all her writings, so called fictional short stories about sex and murder. To bad Italy doesn't have the death penalty what they did to The British student was horrific. She deserves no sympathy.