jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)

Poland has Lost Their President

1. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago
    1. 0
      JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And yes the above one says may have. Others say definitely

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Very sad to hear of this air disaster. So many lives lost at one time is distressing. sad

3. Sab Oh profile image59
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

Nothing more on the cause other than fog?

1. 0
      JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know, but I was reading the news comments and there is a lot of suspicion. Below copied from the aljazeer news forum

"There was a terrible fog, so how come they are still talkin bouy eyewitness, who has seen everything from 300 hundred meters?.. "

2. IntimatEvolution profile image82
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, nothing.  They apparently topped some trees trying to land.  Awful.

4. Ann Nonymous profile image84
    Ann Nonymousposted 6 years ago

What a tradegy! A loss the family, friends and country will feel for years as he was a high profile person. I don't know much about him but may he rest in peace.
    Thanks for the update, Jean!

5. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

No qualified pilot will agree to land in thick fog or thick low level clouds no matter the make of his plane. Might there have been pressure the dignitaries should not be delayed? That is the big question that needs to be answered.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image82
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well apparently their qualified pilot did try, and now all heads of state their are dead.  Down to the Pres. of their banking system.

A terrible, terrible tragedy.  My heart is in mourning for the Polish people.

6. 69
    paarsurreyposted 6 years ago

Hi friends

It is a very sad news; I am grieved to learn it. I express my condolence to all the Romanians and all those who have been grieved to know it.

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

7. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

this situation is most creepy given their itinerary. someone made the pilot ignore the warnings for sure

8. pisean282311 profile image60
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

it is really sad news...132 people died..it is tragedy...

9. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

very sad. I heard about it but have not followed the story. makes u wonder... may they rest in peace. such sadness for their country.

10. TheGlassSpider profile image79
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

What a very sad moment. sad My thoughts and prayers are with the families who have lost so much and the country who has lost someone so important.

11. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

This is truly sad news. The Polish president gone.....

My daughter in law is Polish. I have visited Poland. It is a truly great country and under-rated. A beautiful culture,  lovely people, friendly atmosphere. I know my in-laws will be grieving this loss, just as they did when the Pope died. They have much loyalty and pride in their country, only out of communism 25 years or so.

Light a candle for all those who lost loved ones in this tragedy.

12. Rishy Rich profile image79
    Rishy Richposted 6 years ago

Very sad news...

13. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

"The Polish government delegation was on its way to the city of Smolensk to take part in the 70th commemoration of the Katyn massacre - where Russian forces killed more than 20,000 Polish soldiers."

Most people on the plane weren't of the government delegation, but of the soldiers' families. The saddest part.