Tupac Shakur - "they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

1. profile image55
    GMLposted 13 years ago

When i was 15 i was watching dragonball z, waiting for rap city to come on. DBZ which is one of my all time favourite shows always started at 9:00pm and Rapcity
    started at 9:30pm. So in tradition fashion everyday i would watch both, entertaining my interests in many aspects for example: Goku (main character of DBZ) would entertain my super hero interest with his new super sayian strength saving the world from danger and terror.  Then my material interest would be set by seeing the newest cars, and most expensive jewellery with the hottest girls in rap music videos. Now this one time in particular they had a Tupac Special meaning half an hour of tupac vidoes, now this was approx. 9 years after his passing so he had a fair amount of music videos made. Looking back i dont recall being impressed with many of his videos due to the fact that they were a little out dated, although his lyrics and swag still moved people the same. One of the last songs they played was titled Keep ya head up, by 2pac and this song just expresses Pac's feelings about how we treat women in society and encourages women to keep their heead up and anyone in the struggle in general to keep they head up. In the third verse i believe he says " When it rains it pours, they got money for wars, but cant feed the poor." At the time i didnt fully understand why spending money was a bad thing let alone spending it on war. Then i started to ask questions like what war is tupac talking about ? and where is this war being fought? who is fighting these wars ? and how much money is being spent on war ? Because i can guarantee i can go to any city in the world and find people who do not share the same standard of living we have. At first i thought that line has to be directed to the Government of the U.S, but i looked again and U.S is not the only country spending money on war and fighting wars even though U.S is involved in practically all war issues in the world. U.S alone does not fund war, off the top of my head i can think of 4 nations involved in a war at the moment whether it be big or small Palestine, Isreal, Philippines, USA. Now not pointing any fingers i dont think any war is justified, but i do think all funds and assets going into war can be used to justify the means of war. This song Keep ya head up was released around 10 years ago and his line can be said and accepted as a universal truth all around the world to this day. So i think in order for this statement to become none universal and untrue we need people like you to ask questions similar to this and even if not answered stir and create a ripple affect to change the truth in tupacs words " they got money for wars, but cant feed the poor."

thats my 2 scents

- GML

This is not a profession just a hobby so sorry for any errors in my
    grammer or spelling.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Exactly right...there's plenty of $ if they need it...all they have to do is print more!
    It's really just a control mechanism if you ask me.
    They like poverty and war and keeping people down.Otherwise, how could they be superior?

We hold these truths to be self-evident...that all men are created equal.
    uuuhhh, when do we start living that ideal?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)