America Rising...

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 13 years ago

I like it when media put together a powerful message...

Not what I would have done, but it says what needs to be said...I too, take afront that our country is being torn apart...and no, it did not just start with Obama...but he sure is taking his turn with the ball bat on the windshield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0bh77k2 … r_embedded

2. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I think it's a start Sparkling.  This November is an opportunity to take away the gavel from Madame Facelift and sideline the democrats in the House although realistically it will be just a light majority. Then we need to look at the Republican Party and get rid of the RINOs and come up with a strong, uplifting message. This not only has to happen in both houses in the Federal gov't, we have to do the same at the local level.  Once we have control of both houses, we don't have to worry about the executive position as much and eventually we'll have a Republican president. 

There also has to be a way to get rid of the public unions, they are bloodsuckers.  As long as they are around, they will continue to make government big.  We also need to sideline the influence of the libs in media and higher education.  I'm sick and tired of these libtards putting stupid and unbalanced ideas in kids heads.  We need to have a prolonged focus.  Enough with the morons taking over the house, the adults need to get in control.  We need to help people remember and focus on how much the libtards messed everything up and endangered the financial welfare of future generations.

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...I don't want to see only republicans in charge...I want to see a balanced government, where the people choose more wisely and use their voice and vote until government comes into it Constitutional bounds and stops stomping on our liberties...

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd like it balanced too but where are the Democrats that are more moderate?  The Republicans also tend to be more left of center than right of center. As for balance, only one party gets to control the agenda and therefore wields the gavel, I'd like for that to be the Republicans right now.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

3. SparklingJewel profile image67

...on government...

"[T]o ascribe the word 'sector' to the limitless Unconstitutional and unnecessary public 'businesses' is pure subterfuge. The plunder sector is the only accurate title for what the government does outside its strict Constitutional scope. Any and all government 'stimulus' retards growth because it removes current and future wealth from its producers and gives it to central planners who are not subject to the market but to voters, a significant part of which do not pay for the bread and circuses they demand.... But if Barack Obama is trying to implode the system, and he is to succeed in doing so, how does he know that the people of this nation will not revolt? Does he assume that people will simply demand a government that makes all of their decisions for them? Perhaps he knows that this is a failing battle, but he realizes that if we manage to teeter for years on the edge, at least he will have accelerated the decline for fundamental transformation, swelling the public payroll and finances, sufficiently hobbling the private sector, weakening our morale and making people exponentially more reliant on government. Even if he cannot push all the way to totalitarian collectivism, he can still get us close enough that is almost impossible to repeal massive statism." --columnist Andrew Mellon

4. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I think both parties have blood on their hands -- the political system is f-d up.
    Government is a necessary evil -- I don't think you can or should privatize everything!
    But geez Louise. We've gotten way out of hand.
    Seems to me government is wanting to control aspects of our lives that make NO sense at all.
    I live in California, which used to be the 5th largest economy in the WORLD. Now we are either the 7th or 8th. What does that tell you?

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Neither party is perfect, right now both parties are focused on increasing government. You're right, it's way too big.

2. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't buying a Happy Meal a felony in California now ?

5. SparklingJewel profile image67

...and there is so much going on that we don't know about. You won't read in the mainstream media how many million new government jobs have been created since Obama came into office, and the amount of pay they get is ridiculous...and taxpayers are paying for them doing things that they don't like or agree with, let alone have voted on or knew about to complain about...

6. SparklingJewel profile image67

good insight...

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion -- when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing -- when you see money flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors -- when you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you -- when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice -- you may know that your society is doomed." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

7. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I've read too many stories where a town needs a bridge built, they apply for federal funding and the whole freaking thing becomes a circus.  The project ends up getting delayed and costing millions of dollars while if they built the bridge without the help of the feds, it ended up costing them a couple of hundred thousand dollars.

It just seems as if the fed makes you apply for all sorts of crap that you could be doing yourself cheaper.

8. akirchner profile image91
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

I think everyone who is an elected official at this particular moment in time is accountable.  That said, all we can do is stand up and be counted - meaning it is our right but further, our duty, to let our government officials know that we are totally pissed. We need to send letters, emails and make calls just to say 'I don't like this' or 'why is this happening'.  We may believe that we are voiceless or helpless but I believe to say nothing or do nothing makes us guilty by default. 

Of course, our next and ultimate step is to back people we BELIEVE will make a change or a difference.  However, sometimes that doesn't always work out either. Politicians lie - they make promises they cannot deliver once they are elected.  That is the sad inevitability of it.  I know I sound like a Polyanna or like I have rose-colored glasses, but at least when I go to bed at night, I know I've done whatever I could to make it a better America.  It may not be much - but at least it's just that ONE thing.

9. SparklingJewel profile image67

"In his major addresses, Obama's modesty about his own country has been repeatedly on display as, in one venue after another, he has gratuitously confessed America's alleged failing -- from disrespecting foreigners to having lost its way morally after 9/11. It's fine to recognize the achievements of others and be non-chauvinistic about one's country. But Obama's modesty is curiously selective. When it comes to himself, modesty is in short supply. It began with the almost comical self-inflation of his presidential campaign, from the still inexplicable mass rally in Berlin in front of a Prussian victory column to the Greek columns framing him at the Democratic convention. And it carried into his presidency, from his posture of philosopher-king adjudicating between America's sins and the world's to his speeches marked by a spectacularly promiscuous use of the first-person pronoun -- I. Notice, too, how Obama habitually refers to Cabinet members and other high government officials as 'my' -- 'my secretary of homeland security,' 'my national security team,' 'my ambassador.' The more normal -- and respectful -- usage is to say 'the,' as in 'the secretary of state.' These are, after all, public officials sworn to serve the nation and the Constitution -- not just the man who appointed them. It's a stylistic detail, but quite revealing of Obama's exalted view of himself. Not surprising, perhaps, in a man whose major achievement before acceding to the presidency was writing two biographies -- both about himself. Obama is not the first president with a large streak of narcissism. But the others had equally expansive feelings about their country. Obama's modesty about America would be more understandable if he treated himself with the same reserve. What is odd is to have a president so convinced of his own magnificence -- yet not of his own country's." --columnist Charles Krauthammer

10. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Thinking of the POTUS list in my generation, the following were/are narcissistic:
    Kennedy
    Nixon
    Clinton
    Bush
    Obama

The following were charming but not necessarily in an ego-maniacal way:
    Reagan

The following were not narcissistic:
    Carter
    Ford
    Johnson

It's easy to concentrate on style over substance -- whether you are looking to find fault or to ridicule, or whether you are enamored of the speaker's ideas.

11. SparklingJewel profile image67

Krauthammer is a PhD in psychiatry, or something like that as one of his many degrees...

I read his stuff from that perspective...objective and clinical

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)