jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Rick Santorum to challenge John F. Kennedy

1. I am DB Cooper profile image69
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum will deliver a speech in Houston next week titled "A Charge to Revive the Role of Faith in the Public Square" that is billed as a direct challenge to a speech John F. Kennedy gave in Houston 50 years ago where he advocated a complete separation of church.

Santorum lost his re-election bid in 2006 and was the laughingstock of the liberal world when he tried to compare homosexual relationships to bestiality. He also blamed the Catholic church sex abuse scandal on liberalism and moral relativism. He criticized the lack of warnings from the National Weather Service during Hurricane Katrina, even though he had fought hard to prevent the National Weather Service (a taxpayer-funded group) from issuing weather warnings in areas where there were private sector companies that could do the job.

So, who here supports Rick Santorum for President of the United States in 2012?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm..

I've never considered it;  don't know much about him, and don't recall even hearing of him until now.

But from what you've said here, I'm definitely interested in checking him out.   Sounds like he might have some common sense! 

Thanks!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You gotta' be kidding!

2. Mighty Mom profile image89
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Now that's a fair fight.
    A 52-year-old has-been senator against a U.S. president who's been dead for 47 years. In other words, Santorum was 5 when Kennedy was shot. Why not pick on someone your own size (or at least with a pulse), Rick?

Speaking of which, I googled the name "Rick Santorum" and got quite an education. Seems there is a sexual neologism by the name of "Santorum" which resulted from his vocal opposition to homosexual sex.

Oh boy -- I sure do hope he runs in 2012!

working