jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

Walker And Republicans Prevail Over AWOL Democrats

1. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 6 years ago

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb-staff … egislation

Looks like Walker got his way after all and of course the union losers reaction was violent and destructive! Republicans had to be wisked out of the capitol with police escourts as protestors broke windows and doors!

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Loved the report of violent protesters breaking down doors and windows backed up by images of protesters standing around gently waving banners!

Another nice one Lady Love!

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I couldn't find any footage of violence on Youtube, but it was reported in some newspapers:

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ … id/193458/

This newspaper says those reports are false:

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/ … 051181.php

It seems to me that if there were protesters breaking windows and doors, someone could have caught it on film. Most of us teachers are nonviolent. We have to be! lol

Yes but it's easier to show pictures of a peaceful protest, dub over sounds of unrest and then claim that it shows violence.

Most people won't notice and the few who do don't matter.

2. Jim Hunter profile image61
          Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Most of us teachers are nonviolent."

I'm curious Habee, have you ever worked with teachers who you considered incompetent?

If so how did you feel about them making the same money as you and all the competent teachers?

Depends how you define incompetent!

Too left wing, too radical, too liberal!

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
              Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Incompetent.

2. habee profile image90
            habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Jim. I have worked with a few - a very few. Teachers where I taught were not "unionized." We were members of teacher organizations, but they weren't actually unions. For example, we did not condone striking because we felt that the students were on the losing end of the teachers' not being in the classroom.

It's a myth that bad teachers can't be dismissed just because they have tenure. It's harder to get rid of tenured teachers, but it's done all the time around here - perhaps because we're not unionized. You just have to have a principal and a school board with some b@lls. lol

Believe me, Jim - no one hates a bad teacher as much as a good teacher does!

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Did anybody actually read the bill? Can somebody link me to the text, please?

3. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago
  4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Thank you Michael smile

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is very long!!! I did not read it through. I saved a copy to read later. What I have skimmed through though seems a little different than what is heard in the news.

5. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

That copy appears to be the original bill. The marginal bill passed last night stripped out all the funding and appropriations but apparently passed all the proposed rules changes.

Correct-a-mundo! lol I looked for the marginal bill that passed last night, but haven't found it online yet.

And in what parts I did read in the original...as always...I read some parts differently than TV coverage and news reports reported. Typical though. It is about getting ratings and readers.

2. lady_love158 profile image60
        lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. This link is the resolution that effects members not showing up to do their duty. I have been looking for the Resolution that states what was voted on per the Collective bargaining rights.
          Have you found that one?

6. AnnCee profile image77
    AnnCeeposted 6 years ago

This bodes well for the rest of the nation.  The center of a power that is killing this country has been exposed and it is being addressed.

working