jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Have you heard of Buddy Roemer?

1. Tom Koecke profile image61
    Tom Koeckeposted 4 years ago

I had not heard of Buddy Roemer until yesterday, but he's a candidate for the Republican nomination for President.

Here's a link to an interview with him: http://articles.businessinsider.com/201 … -pac-money

I liked what he had to say!

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes I've heard of him and also seen several interviews with him.  I like what he has to say, but I'm afraid he doesn't stand a chance because as you said, you hadn't heard of him and unfortunately neither has almost everybody else.

2. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Yeah. The mass media can't make any money with his advertising budget so they won't give him any air time.

1. 0
        Larry Wallposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Roemer, a former Louisiana Governor, is not running for president. Bobby Jindal, the current LA governor is running for president, but is in the low single digits in the polls and is not going to win.

2. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 4 years ago

The name is vaguely familiar, but that's about all I know about him. Frankly, I have other things to do with my time besides waste it on the Rethug Comedy Show. After the convention this summer when they FINALLY have THE candidate and running mate, then I'll pay attention.  Right now it's just a lot of noise that means nothing.

1. 0
      Larry Wallposted 11 months ago in reply to this

I just ran across this by accident. Buddy Roemer was Governor for one term in Louisiana, my home state. He started out with great ideas, but two years into his term, he was already looking to run for President and did not tend to matters in the state. This was a long time ago and I do not think he actually ran for the party nomination in the state.

An interesting thing about his tenure that when he ran, his chief opponent was Edwin Edwards. A person who had served two terms, set out one term as the law required and ran again, defeating David Due. In the primary election, Edwards came in second and then withdrew, allowing Roemer to take office. He had good ideas on fiscal reform, environmental issues and other matters. His fault was that he did not know how to compromise on issues. Sometimes you have to take small steps to reach a goal and not a giant leap. He only served one term. By the was, Gov. Edwards ended up in federal prison for several years. Politics are colorful in Louisiana.