I thought it might be fun(?) to chat about the results as they come in

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (358 posts)
  1. abwilliams profile image69
    abwilliamsposted 17 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/15869740.jpg
    As I type, I am at my son's house, watching Fox News. Some polls have closed, some will close shortly, others won't close until later in the evening.

Fox just reported that the economy dwarfs all other issues.

What are you seeing/hearing, thus far?

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I am happy the propositions and measures went the way t wanted in my neck of the woods San Diego county, CA. I am bummed the candidate for mayor I desired did not happen. The candidate I wanted was friendly to mobile home parks and homeowners as well as his last term our city had good growth and made progress civically. It was a close race. My choice for Sheriff came true too.

2. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Red wave or red herring?

I believe that much of the difference explaining the outcome thus far is for two reasons.

1. McConnell was right in speaking about candidate quality in regards to those that aspire to the Senate. Walker, Oz, and Blake Masters....

2. All of those women that registered after Dobbs and Roe vs Wade in anger did not do that to not have voices heard on November 8th.

abwilliamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I still can't come to terms with the fact that so many women {aka: females. aka: those who have been given the gift of giving life} place so much value (not on the gift) but on having the freedom to accept or destroy that gift, at will!?
        That's the one I am longing to understand; perhaps when I can have a heart to heart with Jesus some day.

3. abwilliams profile image69

Great Speech/2024 Presidential announcement by President Trump tonight. Not over done, not under done; done right, with the right amount of seasoning. IMHO

1. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

If it is Trump against Sorry Excuse Biden, Trump(if there aren't any other Republican contenders) hopefully will win.   Biden is the worst president in history.   CAN'T people see this?????  Trump is a FAR BETTER president than Sorry Excuse Biden.

2. DrMark1961 profile image95
    DrMark1961posted 17 months ago

I do not think anyone should celebrate until you have seen the election results that have come through the postal service.

1. Ken Burgess profile image75
      Ken Burgessposted 17 months agoin reply to this

My concern was for my State.

I have little hope for the nation, places like CA and NY have gone B** Sh** crazy, this was confirmed in 2020 in what they did during the pandemic.

As much as I loathe current "Left" politics and policies, I am equally repulsed by Trump and his most fervent supporters.

I actually hope the likes of John Fetterman and Katie Hobbs win, Fetterman especially is a complete lunatic, his stance on most issues are destructive, delusional and deranged.

We need Democrats like this to win now... so that in 2024 Americans are so repulsed by the actions and efforts of Biden and the likes of Fetterman that we get a real wave of change in 2024.

That of course will not happen if Trump runs and wins the Republican nomination, we all lose.

If the choices for the country in 2024 are Trump and Biden... our nation is doomed... Trump is the most divisive candidate in history and Biden is the most demented and damaging President to America in history.

... This type of commentary always gets those extreme folks from both sides of the aisle calling me every name in the book.

Sadly, it looks as if a Biden - Trump 2024 is what America is going to get, which means America loses.  America will continue to fast track into its own demise economically, socially, if we are lucky enough to avoid WWIII.

America is not going to elect Trump again, leaving Biden and America's continued decay.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
        DrMark1961posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Have the winners been declared in your area or are they waiting for the post office to come up with their results?

Republican wave in Florida, thankfully.

State, Congress, County all went Republican.

That is what matters to me.

Florida will be the last bastion of sanity in America... and the County I live in will be the last bastion of sanity and economic viability in the State and Country.

When things go bad where I live, there will be no place left in the country for responsible, reliable, hardworking decent Americans to retreat to.

3. abwilliams profile image69

I, too, am very happy for my state of Florida and for my home state of South Carolina, but overall, it wasn't the red wave that I was hoping for.
    What is going on in a state like Pennsylvania, when a majority of the voters elect a man to the Senate who is clearly brain-damaged, by strokes? What do they hope to accomplish for their state with such a decision as this? Is it all about the Dem Party; do or die...for the party!? It has to be, there is no other logical explanation. smh

4. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
    Fayetteville Fayeposted 17 months ago

It's incredibly mind-boggling that the people of Iowa put Senator Grassley back in his seat at 90 years old. The man has held that seat for 40 years. No wonder nothing ever changes in this country.  Our government and most of its politicians are hopelessly out of touch, out of date.

5. abwilliams profile image69

No,  what is "MIND-BOGGLING" is that there is now a Senator Fetterman?!?
    Wow, Pennsylvania seriously!?!

Fetterman, Biden, excellent representatives for the Democratic party and what it stands for.

Yes and with Fetterman currently stoked and on a roll; he may be coming after Joe's job next. If someone will just point him in the right direction, he may win over Democrats, well beyond Pennsylvania! Fetterman is the face of the Democratic Party!

Did you see DeSantis' speech? That wasn't a thank you Florida speech, IMHO, that was an I am coming for your job Joe, speech!

I will miss him!

I don't think so.

I think the Democrats, based on last night's election results, will now feel emboldened to allow Trump to run.

Trump will defeat DeSantis in the primaries because he has far more pull and recognition nationally.  DeSantis in a short period of time has gone from an unknown to beloved in Florida.  But that doesn't travel well.

Biden will then defeat Trump, despite Biden being the worst president in American history for America, despite the incredible damage he has wrought the world over, enough of America now despises Trump to get Biden re-elected.

I doubt Biden could win against anyone else considered sane and rational, but against Trump, he will win.

Any plans Democrats had to put Trump away before the 2024 election will be shelved, they will now want him to run.  The last thing they want is an articulate well mannered DeSantis running against Biden.

A stumbling bumbling old man vs. a former Navy Officer, Bronze Star recipient, and current Governor of a State with a sound economy who is in the prime of his life and can talk circles around Joe?

No, the Democrats don't want that.

The Democrats will actually HELP Trump from here on out, just to avoid a DeSantis vs. Biden scenario.

1. Credence2 profile image79

Yes, Ken, I am anxious to tune in to the latest "thrilla from Manila" fight between Trump and DeSantis. Neither will willingly give any ground and as it was said in the Visine ad, would aid in ultimately helping to "get the Red out".

No, we won't help Trump, Trump's ego and "selflessness" will do it all for us.

The state is a disgusting Red crimson, perhaps the Missus was right and we should have stayed in Hawaii. It is becoming more Right with each passing day.

Both of your heir apperents are riddled with flaws. We will simply divide and conquer to destroy them both.

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
              Fayetteville Fayeposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I believe that we will quickly see Mr.DeSantis moderate his positions in an attempt to have any sort of appeal outside the Florida bubble. He will draw back on the culture wars and bullying corporations. He actually held more moderate positions before covid and had even shown some bipartisanship.  The man is a chameleon.  I don't think his hair on fire schtick is going to work on the country has a whole.
              As far as Mr Trump goes, I think his sole purpose is to create chaos and sit back to watch. I think he is a morally bankrupt man.

DeSantis is the "cup" referred to in scripture, clean and shiny on the outside with every vile thing inside. His "shiny" appearance will deceive many.

Because of this is more dangerous and worse than Trump.

Florida is Red Right and quite primitive and is subsequently easily seduced by Mr. DeSantis.

2. abwilliams profile image69

Always listen to your wife. Bye!

That is not nice, it is too late for that now. But if I won the lottery....

I have to take my consolation prize of denying Republicans control of the Senate. The fires can burn red hot in the House under Republican control, but the Senate will extinguish the flames with copious quantities of water.

So you came to Florida to try to change Florida? I don't get that. There are plenty of places where Dems have ruled for an eternity, why not seek them out if you are so disgusted with this place?
                  If you are simply here to turn us into what Dems have turned so many places into, then yes please leave. Go there.
                  This isn't me being mean, this is me being wise and on guard.

I came to Florida because of the climate, not the politics. What are you griping about? Your precious De Santis and Rubio won here rather handily. I am a liberal and progressive and always have been and will be, but I cannot change the political climate of an entire state. But, all the same, I still don't vote for Republicans. I am disgusted with Republicans and what the party has come to represent. Is that OK with you?

Florida is Florida, but that does not speak for the rest of the country where the GOP fundamentally got its a$$ kicked yesterday.

3. Ken Burgess profile image75

I disagree, it is sound political planning to ensure the candidate going up against you is the one most likely to alienate all but the most extreme parts of the political spectrum.

Money and support will flow to Trump to ensure his nomination, many of those sources will be from those that want to ensure a Democratic victory in 2024.

The Democrats, if they had any plans of charging, arresting, or limiting Trumps ability to run in 2024 will not do so now.

Trump's hand selected candidates could not win in campaigns like we saw in AZ and PA, where the competition was clearly less capable of campaigning and less charismatic, during a recession/inflation.

I see that as a clear sign that Trump cannot win.

I don't want to see DeSantis go anywhere, so I am happy that Trump will win out.

One thing I have learned, is that State politics have just as much impact on your wallet as Federal, probably more.

Florida does not have a State Income tax... if Democrats run this State long enough, that would change.  Florida does not have insane "Social Support" programs that cost the State obscene amounts of money, if Democrats run the State long enough, it would.

In NY I would pay $12,000 a year in property and school taxes for the same house I have now, which only costs me $2,000.

In NY I would pay $10,000 a year in State Income taxes that in Florida I do not have to pay at all.

That is a difference of $20,000.  That is a huge difference to the quality of life I am able to provide my family.  It allows for funds to put towards retirement, to make home repairs, etc.

Over time, that difference of $20,000 has made a huge impact on our lives.  We would be destitute if we still lived in NY.  I don't know how anyone that makes a moderate living can afford to remain in places like NY and CA.

ADD:
              You live here because you can't afford your beliefs.
              When your beliefs become prevalent here in Florida, you will no longer be able to afford to live here either.

Of course, there is some element of truth in your analysis.

It will be interesting to watch how long the GOP rips itself apart to come to the conclusion that Trump cannot win.

I had a lot of the same problems with Hawaii that you had with New York.
                Overall, this Florida has been a nice place to live, if only the politics did not suck so much....

I am not willing to accept the idea that nice places to live are only possible when right wingers are in charge...

Of course you are not willing to accept that, you still believe in the Left vs. Right, Dem vs. Rep narrative.

So long as you believe in that system, you will be supporting things that are not in your best interest.

You are very vested in your politics, it is essentially a faith to you, so I never expect you to understand the reality that it is US vs. THEM.

At the moment, DeSantis is more of an US guy than a THEM guy.  Mostly because of his background, he is a family man, in 2018, it was reported that Ron has a notable net worth of $283,605.   So he was not born into riches, he had to earn everything he has accomplished, from his Law Degree, to his rank in the Military, to his current position in Office.

I have given you links in the past to explore, some I remember you appreciated, I have a good one for you today.  I will set the link for the 47 minute mark, while this is very informative and the whole interview is worth listening to, there is also a lot of junk thrown in by the "host" that is better bypassed, I don't want you to waste your time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-d3jFIGxdQ&t=2822s

"Of course you are not willing to accept that, you still believe in the Left vs. Right, Dem vs. Rep narrative."

As if there is not a difference between them? First you tell me that this nation's heritage of black slavery was no more onerous than that experience by Irish indentured servants at the time. But, after that you claim that women were being brainwashed away from being content in motherhood roles.

I happen to like social security and Medicare, and an oppposed to privitization schemes from your guys.

Background is as not important as political ideologies, principles and belief.

Yes, the reality is US verses Them, we just have different opinions on what that constitutes.

I will check your video.

2. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

No. I think it means that many weren't buying into the sad sack candidates hand picked and pushed by Mr. Trump.  Not enough willing to buy into Dr Oz's magic beans.

I tend to agree more with Ken's analysis on this one Faye.
          Meet the faces of the Dem Party, Biden/Fetterman.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I don't know if it's true, especially after the long night, but one of the commentators mentioned that every single person Trump endorsed lost.

If it IS true, that says a lot.

1. IslandBites profile image89
            IslandBitesposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Not all of them, but many.

2. Ken Burgess profile image75

Yes it does, see my post right above.

Democrats will now help ensure that Trump wins the Republican nomination.

That in turn will ensure that Biden wins re-election.

If I lived somewhere outside of America where I was safe and happy, it would be hysterical.

1. Sharlee01 profile image81
              Sharlee01posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Ken, I think two years is a long time, it is impossible to know what will be going on with the Biden administration. I mean, Biden might take a stab at working on problems or he may create more problems. I think it is too soon to predict. 

But, would it not be wonderful to see a young competent man in the WH? Desantis's wife is also a powerhouse at his side. I would just love to see this family in the WH.

3. Readmikenow profile image94
        Readmikenowposted 17 months agoin reply to this

This tells you all you need to know about Pennsylvania voters.

"Pennsylvania state representative reelected despite being dead"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pennsy … being-dead

It proves that people are unthinking.   America is sunk if such people are voting.   People are devolving.   When Democrats ROYALLY S%%^W America & people complain, I will say  %^$##, I told you so.   Braindead people Readmikenow.

He's a real American story of determination, a regular guy who was knocked down by a stroke 5 months ago and fought his way to a senate seat. Oz Is a billionaire from New Jersey with Mansions all over the world, who pushed quackery on TV. Fetterman is a real Pennsylvania versus the carpet bagger candidate. Overall he was just more relatable.

1. Readmikenow profile image94

fetterman is a person who lived off of his parents until he was in his late 40s.  The only job he held was mayor of a wrecked town in Pennsylvania.  Oz is a self-made man.  Unlike fetterman, he worked to get what he has.

THANK YOU.   EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THIS.  Fetterman exemplifies the Democratic, support me mentality while Oz is a go-getter.

Amen and hear, hear!!

2. Sharlee01 profile image81

Oh Yeah... So agree

I think Oprah made Dr Oz. And isn't Mr Fetterman the lieutenant governor currently??

Dr. Oz made himself, Oprah gave him the spotlight, for a moment in time. He also thought they were friends. He thought wrong!

Is Fetterman the LG, was he in place before or after his stroke and does it matter if he had brain damage then or now, he's the warm body that the Dems needed?

Chuck Grassley of Iowa is 90 years old, do you think he is of sound mind and body at this point?? I doubt it.
                  Mr Fetterman  has been lieutenant governor since 2019

2. Readmikenow profile image94

Oprah had nothing to do with Dr. Oz being successful physician.  Fetterman was Lieutenant governor, then he had a stoke in May.  NOW, he can't make complete sentences.  He can't have person on person talks.  He is still recovering from a stroke.  democrats should be ashamed of themselves for what they did to this medically impaired individual.  The democrats like Fetterman because he doesn't have the mental capacity to voice an opinion.  They are taking advantage of his situation, like they do everyone.

I'd suggest that the mental capacity, as you call it, is limited or diminished in many in our Congress.  Should there be efforts to oust them? And what of those in Congress who have had strokes and other major health events? Should their be a mechanism to immediately remove them?  I'm not at all convinced that many of our geriatric members are of clear,  sound mind either.

1. Readmikenow profile image94

"I'd suggest that the mental capacity, as you call it, is limited or diminished in many in our Congress.  Should there be efforts to oust them? And what of those in Congress who have had strokes and other major health events?"

Let's have some fun here.  You name the member and I'll gladly respond.

There should be a written law to remove any Representative that is diminished to the extent they can not perform their job, physically or mentally. However, if a member of Congress becomes incapacitated, there is no legal avenue to replace that person.  This is unacceptable, in my view.

3. Ken Burgess profile image75

Exactly, but I love how the deranged Left calls him a real American story.

One more sign we have two completely different realities in America being pushed.

Clown World.

To reiterate, Fetterman who lived off his parents until his 40s typifies the Democrat mentality & philosophy.  Democrats emphasized that others OWE them w/little or no effort on their part.   Oz, au contraire, was an immigrant who earned/worked his way which exemplifies the Republican mindset- want something done, do it yourself.

The Democrats or liberals aren't a monolith and people need to stop speaking like they are. Same for Republicans. Reducing entire groups of people to certain characteristics is not really realistic.  This kind of talk is what makes association with any type of party so distasteful and cultish.  Why would I want to belong to a group that is seen as a monolith? Uniform? And all the same. I'll pass

In my opinion liberals, and conservatives do fall into monolithic groups, and end up in the political party that suits their ideologies. The left and right mindsets are so opposite. In my view.

2. wilderness profile image95

Uhh...isn't it the liberal world to always have a "father figure" of some sort providing for whatever it is you want or need?

That would indeed make him a real American story to the left.

Definitely.

Your words really struck home with me. On October 31st my country elected a socialist for a four year term. He calls himself "Pai Lula", which translates as Daddy Lula, and he promised the people increased benefits for those not working (among other things, like steak and beer every meal even for those that do not have a job). Basically it is like a father that gives allowance to his kid every week.

3. Sharlee01 profile image81

In my view, we have some in our society that are, and love to be "groupies". Looking up to celebrity types, that stick out. Fedderman roamed around in a hoody, was covered in tattoos, and became a politician that stood out as an "I am one of you"...   Which we know is BS, due to his wealthy upbringing.

Hey, IMO, he is just a slob, that most likely is too lazy to care about his appearance.

Wasn't Dr Oz the ultimate celebrity candidate though??  Seems as though many of the Republican midterm candidates were celebrity like. Herschel walker, Kari Lake, JD Vance. Throughout history the Republican Party loves a good celebrity candidate

Yes, Oz is also a celebrity, and I would think he thought that would help him win.  Apparently, Republicans did not go for the ploy.

6. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

Mr Fetterman, in my opinion,  speaks more coherently than Mr. Walker of Georgia. I don't know what to attribute that to? Head injury or just low IQ.

Good thing you have that winky--face pic, you can say any outrageous thing you choose and your wink is there to bail you out!

7. profile image69
    KC McGeeposted 17 months ago

Well they cheated again. Those Democrats have perfected cheating. NEVER EVER TRUST THE  WORTHLESS LOW LIFE DEMOCRATS

Was it the mules this time, the space lasers??  Or is Hugo Chavez at it again?

One of the highlights has definitely been the graceful concession speeches by Democrats in lost races.

1. profile image69
        KC McGeeposted 17 months agoin reply to this

O.K. I'll show more gracefulness. Thank you low life marxist for cheating and now Fetterman will go to DC to help turn the rest of America into a Marxist woke cess pool. Again, thanks.

8. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 17 months ago

What a disaster for the Republicans. Not even with inflation, a "demented" president, war, covid, and so on...

Even if they get the House and Senate at last, its so far from the easy breezy win they should have get.

Then they swear the election was stolen from Trump. You dont have the majority, and people dont like Trump. Get the memo already.

Yes, I guess you are right, when you live in Seattle and can afford to sit in a cafe and drink expensive coffee you do not have to worry about a demented president and hyperinflation. It is interesting to see how the midwest and the south voted though.

9. abwilliams profile image69

Seems about typical, we don't always get everything we want in elections, but we keep plugging away, hoping for what we do get, to work. If it doesn't, we get to try again and again to get it right.

1. peoplepower73 profile image89
      peoplepower73posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Michael Moore was right.  He said the Dems would win because of many pro-choice women would tip the scales in favor of the Dems. In the final analysis, I think we are going to see he was right.

1. profile image69

Yea, and the marxist woke low life democrats are not finished cheating yet. They're still counting votes.

You and Michael Moore are right, no argument from me. 
        The weight of dead babies definitely tips the scales.
        Warped.

10. abwilliams profile image69

...and the fact that the D's give the people credit for honoring him (DeLuca) in this way!?! Say what? D's kept the seat and that is ALL that matters to them. Useful idiots just make it so much simpler!

Exactly, although I am Democrat, I voted Republican because of its stance on crime & inflation while the Democrats pushed inane social policies which are irrelevant at this point.    You are right, those who voted Democrat are totally unthinking- totally insane.

11. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

Republicans have a big image issue.
    Folks out here in Middle America turn away from people who speak like this and we're hearing an awful lot of it from Republicans.

Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ): “[Speaker Nancy Pelosi] is losing the gavel but finding the hammer. Too soon? Is that too soon?”

Cruelty has sort of become the face of the party

The Democrats don't care for America.  They want to push their inane social policies on everyone.  They aren't practical.   They have their insipid, pie in the sky philosophy.   They are out of touch w/reality.  In fact, the Democratic Party is schizoid.

Bring on the tax cuts for the morbidly rich.  Seems to be the Republicans go to strategy.  I've actually heard them talking about investigations and Hunter Biden way more than any plan for the economy or inflation. Again, it doesn't relate to most of us in failing Middle America States.  There is a whole lot of focus on states with large cities by many posters here. Most of you live in prosperous States.
        There's a lot of us in between California and New York and we aren't prospering. My state is through and through republican-controlled and again we are at the very bottom of socioeconomic indicators.

You are so out of touch. Those running for office in the GOP laid out a very clear plan; first and foremost, secure the southern border. Deal with our out of control illegal entry problem. Get to the bottom of the how/why/what for of COVID. Same with Afghanistan.
          Look to our own natural resources for our energy needs.....no more groveling to the middle east.
          Nip in the bud...bringing in nearly 90,000 ADDITIONAL IRS Agents. Again, how/why/what for? Why do Dems think we need nearly 90,000 additional IRS Agents?!?
          I am middle America and our small business benefited from Trump's tax cut.
          I am not sure where you are getting your information, but I have a good idea.

Their document that they put forward, the commitment to America was a lot of  empty talking points. There were no real specific strategies or plans, if there were let me know.  What part of their plan do you believe will immediately affect inflation in the economy? What is it specifically that they will be implementing? What can I look forward to seeing?
            I don't want to hear complaints about what the Democrats have done, I want to hear in detail the Republican plan.

Actually if one takes the time to really dig into the Republican's Commitment To America one can see it provides solutions to solve problems. For instance, you brought up inflation and the economy. They have laid out a very good plan of how they plan to curb inflation.

" What is it specifically that they will be implementing? What can I look forward to seeing?"

Here are the commitments in regard to economy ---   Curb wasteful government spending that is raising the price of groceries, gas, cars, and housing, and growing our national debt

Increase take-home pay, create good-paying jobs, and bring stability to the economy through pro-growth tax and deregulatory policies

Maximize production of reliable, American-made energy

Cut the permitting process time in half to reduce reliance on foreign countries, prevent rolling blackouts, and lower the cost of gas and utilities

Move supply chains away from China

Expand U.S. Manufacturing

Enhance America’s economic competitiveness and cyber resiliency."
              https://www.republicanleader.gov/commit … eal_supply

These are the solutions that the current administration/Congress has not explored.

Yes, these are promises.  With the new Congress majority, we can, and should hold them to these promises. 

I think the commitment shows Republicans have noted the current problems that are affecting Americans and put forth some solutions they will work on.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

+1000000000000000.

12. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

I think one of the big takeaways from this midterm is it Mr Trump is burning the Republican Party down. He was a drag on the ticket. When is the party going to turn its back on this wanna be autocrat?

By all accounts it should have been a red tsunami this midterm. Republicans should have made historic gains.

A couple of things that I feel should stand out. First, I think this well proves what many Republicans have been saying for two years now --- we have moved on, and although many still appreciate the MAGA agenda, and Trump's job performance while in office, we can see that the Washington machine will never give up on destroying Trump. So yes, common sense indicates time to move forward. So, this midterm goes to prove we have several different splits going on in the Republican party.  Many of us, have been saying this all along.

The midterms also showed the forever Trumpers Republicans, they are certainly not as powerful as they may have thought they were. 

It is my hope the party comes together and fights to support the party as a whole. Our machine is huge and we need to realize this is not the time to have such a split. With 2024 looming we need to work together. And if that may well mean we need a brand new candidate to win the White House. If we can't come together, we will cut off our noses to
      spite our faces.

1. profile image69

The Democrats have a very strong motive to cheat to win. They know that should the Republicans win both House and Senate that they would investigate all th wrong doings of the Democrats and likely impeach biden and harris.The Democrats would also lose their Marxist Woke agenda.
        Republicans would clearly put a stop to their BS

Thats why the Democrats are and will continue to cheat until all the vote counting is over. As an example, there is no way Fetterman won a fair election. No way.

And there was no cheating. Dr Oz was a horrendous candidate. That is why he lost.

1. profile image69

Wrong, Democrats CHEATED.

2. GA Anderson profile image90
      GA Andersonposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Pres. Trump's election failures might save the Republican party. I think the Trump Republican party was on the road to disaster. Maybe a few of them might take a pause now that Trump's power has been 'rated' by his endorsement score card.

GA

13. abwilliams profile image69

He makes sense when he talks. You might not like what he has to say, but, at least, with him - you know that he is present and in the moment...not off in lala land, where Biden and Fetterman frolic.

I guess an elitist from New Jersey who got rich off of selling quackery didn't make sense to the people of Pennsylvania. Go figure

Oh I thought that we had moved on to Grassley....but I get it! All of your arguments fall short, so you're on to the next attempt or back to the same old!

Mr Grassley looks and speaks like he has one foot in the grave to be honest.  I believe he's been caught dozing off several times. He will hold his office until he is 96 though.

I think it is obvious that Chuck Grassley is much better cognitively that biden or Fetterman.

14. abwilliams profile image69

Faye, no one is grasping at straws here. The current President suffers from dementia, he often cannot find his way off the stage and needs guidance for the correct path to his living quarters. He can't even manage with his notes and prompter.
    It's true, it's sad, but it's true!
    I've seen Fetterman struggle with every interview, in the debate and when on any stage. Also sad, but true...Shame on their families, what are they thinking. Are they that obsessed with power and standing!? I don't know, I can't imagine encouraging any one whom I love, who is suffering with forgetfulness and recall to go lead people!!!
    I am not trying to one up you, this is serious business the running of a sovereign Nation, it's not a reality show or make-believe. Our livelihoods are at stake. Our Country needs US to take our jobs of hiring the right people for the job very seriously. I don't know that enough people understand what that means any longer! We have failed in so many areas, we have definitely failed civically. It seems to me, more are concerned with how many weeks they'll have to get out and vote...
    They act weird about showing an I.D...
    They make demands of their States to make it more and more convenient for them to do their civic duty...
    When did it stop being an honor and a privilege to vote to - what are you going to do for me IF I bother to get up and go out and vote?
    Who is behind this and why?
    As a Nation, forget political parties, we need to get it together and fix this!

15. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 17 months ago

Since, that the curtain has been pulled back on the Wizard of Oz, I have to ask the question, what kind of "man" (Trump) would publically blame his wife for his own poor choice?

Many in my tribe consider Herschel to be nothing more than a "house n******.

Knowing less about the political environment surrounding him than most laymen, he has McConnell salivating on the prospect  of bringing a man into the Senate that would do as he was told as he lacks the ability to do anything else. I have read that even his hometown disowns him as he ignored controversial matters affecting the black community while he was growing up, as his explanation always was "I just wanna play ball".

It is imperative that this man be defeated,

In lieu of a supposed man of God, one who supports, promotes and condones the killing of God's greatest gift? In lieu of a man that lives to separate us by race?
      No thanks, I will always support the man who owns up to their past mistakes and credits God for it. A man who adores this country and doesn't constantly put it down, a man who is running for all of the people of Georgia, not a portion of them.

ab;  Through out History, many people have been killed in the name of God, including babies.

You've made it clear that you believe abortion is morally wrong and should be legislated as such. Can I ask where you stand on in vitro fertilization?
        Do you find that that is also morally wrong? I am not medically inclined but I do believe it kills life and quite a lot of it as doctors tinker with the process. Maybe someone else can let us know how much life is killed in one individual attempt.
        Should government ban or regulate this procedure based on the same principles as abortion?
        Along the lines of legislating morality, where would you stand on limiting those who would like to adopt to the pool of American babies or children only? Legislation that prevents those trying to adopt outside of our country. America first. We have an awful lot of babies and children languishing in foster care because no one wants these children who often have physical, mental and health issues usually stemming from drug or alcohol complications. Far too many people are shopping for designer babies outside of our country. Should we clamp down?

"Many in my tribe consider Herschel to be nothing more than a "house n******."

I think it has very well known the majority of Black citizens prefer Demacarys and often call Republican black representatives racist names. Not sure it is fair to just call him a derogatory name that
      refers to his color.

And come on,  why would Walker ever get along with McConnell, Trump as well as Trumpers can't stand Mitch.

Snarlee, Walker is a political tabula rasa, without the basic understanding to do anything beyond what he is directed to do. The insane replies he gave when asked about issues of the day can attest to that.

Yes, we prefer Democrats over and above any racial or ethnic affinity. I could respect him more if he at least was a conservative that could support his positions like Senator Scott of South Carolina. This guy, Walker, is just a jock and I don't like jocks. I pay these people almost 175K a year to have more qualifications than just the ability to  make  touchdowns.

Like you said in another thread, he confirms the very worse tendencies attributed to black men. Promiscuity, dishonesty and hypocrisy. from every corner makes him an unqualified choice no matter where you sit. I am ashamed of him as a black man and human being, his hiding behind God and redemption, while breaking every rule.

Walker has no real knowledge to confront MCConnell, beyond promising Republicans that he will do as he is told by McConnell and stay in line.

I will on the surface say Walker does not appear to have the qualities or experience to be a Senator.  He did get a lot of support from the people.

I can't defend an argument, I just know so little about him, so, I will be kind.

The Sentiments of your last couple of posts could in large sum up how many see Fetterman.

It seems we have more and more people being added to Congress that are there just to "do as they are told" "without the basic understanding to do anything beyond what he is directed to do. The insane replies he gave when asked about issues of the day can attest to that."

You have to be kidding, Ken.  If you can believ what you just wrote in your comment, we are on two different planets.

Fetterman has political experience as Pennsylvania Lt. Govenor against a carpetbagger quack from New Jersey with none. Why do you really want a Senator than has not any experience in Pennsylvania politics? Yes, Fetterman has had a stroke, but that hardly disqualifies him against a man who knows absolutely nothing beyond throwing a football, Herschel Walker, stroke or no.

I know enough of Fetterman to know he is a more deplorable individual than Walker.

I am not disagreeing with your position on Walker, I am merely attesting to the fact that Fetterman is equally incompetent to hold such a position.

His stroke only adds to his incompetence.

1. profile image69

Fetterman is a decadent thug Marxist just like the rest of the democrat party. Once the cheating is completed biden will continue to set the screws  to America with their Marxist BS.

Many voted for Biden totally overlooking his cognitive problems, and propensity to just out and out lie.

I feel our society has come to the point that many can overlook just about anything if it suits their needs.

Just consider, we have a confused man in the White House.

I think Mr Trump brought the issue of brazen lying to the forefront.  I feel that some politicians are  clearly unbothered about openly lying. I'm sure they've always lied but in the past they tried to hide it.  They lie to keep people divided. Division is their power. Maybe someday enough people will realize this and they'll be a real revolution. My money is on the youngest generation. Or maybe generations yet to come.
              As far as a hope for a younger congress, it's new class will include only 1 member of gen z.  Let's hope they keep plugging away.

You are definitely on the right track.

The insane becomes normal. Question the insanity and become a target.

Murder, Crime, Poverty, these things no longer matter or they are explained away. 

Children in drag shows, gay pride month, transgenders in sports, men winning woman of the year awards... mentally incompetent individuals winning top seats in our government.

This is what a society, a nation, on the precipice of collapse looks like.

Make sure the people have their 500 channels on tv, their TikTok and Instagram and their drug of choice, be it fentanyl or bud light, give them figures to blame for all their woes (this is currently Trump and Putin) or white men in general and then "leaders" can do as they please as they enrich themselves at the expense of the nation and its people.

People like Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, and all the rest that have been there for decades aren't exactly poorer for their efforts.  Efforts that have helped make Billion dollar industries and individuals become trillionaires.

If I could give you a participation trophy I would, perhaps it would make things seem a bit better.

The midterms truly provided me with an epiphany.  It's clear we are very close to a majority buying into a brand-new America, or what does John Kerry call it, the new order.  Who am I to stamp my feet to a majority?  I say, yes a bit bitterly,  enjoy!

Yes, I think I deserve a trophy for at best hanging in there by my nails.

It's pretty clear that Trump will be our final downfall.  The party is so very split, and the ideologies are all over the place.

Hey, America had a good run, but a short run.

I will selfishly say, I hope you are right about Biden fixing the lagging economy. At this point, that is all I am concerned about. All the rest, my famous last words --- Oh well...

I know when to pick up my marbles and move on from a cause.
                I will admit, I lived the American Dream, and enjoyed every minute of it, as will my children, due to my instilling in them that it's out there for the taking.  I am done worrying about America, takes too much energy, does it not?

Fight the battles you can win, avoid the ones you cannot.

Understand what you can control and don't rage against things you have no control over.

Ultimately you do the best you can for self and family. And hope things work out.

If you choose to stick your courage to the sticking point and die on the battlefield, make sure its one of your choosing and it is for something you believe is worth dying for.

This is analogous to Germans being behind Hitler, knowing that he was as corrupt/destructive as it comes.   They knew Hitler was an evil man yet they followed him until Germany was destroyed.  This is what is occurring in America.  People are following Biden although he is corrupt.  They are following & voted for Democrats although there is rampant crime, inflation, & illegals flooding America, exhausting resources.   Oh well, they don't care if America falls & it will unfortunately.

Areed.  America is going down the toilet.

3. gmwilliams profile image84

+1000000000, people nowadays are unthinking lemmings.  They aren't critical thinkers.

I agree with this thought and it runs the gamut across the entire political spectrum. The idea is to keep people bamboozled and baffled with bullsh*t. Meaningless nonsense. As long as you just follow the party line, blindly and faithfully.

One has to be discerning & willing to acknowledge the good & bad of both parties.  Don't be a blind follower- look at what happened in Nazi Germany & the results therein.  Let us return to the principles of America & be discerning, independent thinkers.   People are far too lazy to think independently.  That is totally insane.  American politics is synonymous to junior high school shenanigans.   The idea now that I will vote for you if I LIKE you no matter how corrupt, inept, & unqualified; conversely, I won't vote for you if I DON'T LIKE you no matter how intelligent, competent, & qualified.

16. abwilliams profile image69

That's some justification there PP, been working on this one for a while?

ab:  No, all you have to be is be a student of history.  Have you ever heard of the Crusades?  Kill a Muslim for Christ.

I question the lengths you'll go to to justify abortion and you take us back ten centuries!
        Priceless.

I think it's more about legislating morality. How far would you like government to go? Would you like to see  a morality police like Iran has?
          Many people have much to say as far as morality goes. Like I said, some believe IVF is not moral. I go as far as to say letting our citizens adopt a babies from all over the world while our own lay neglected and squandering is immoral. How much legislation are you in favor of? I can think of much, much more that people hold as immorality.

2. peoplepower73 profile image89

ab:  It's not about abortion.  It's about you using God to solve all the problems.  How about when the mother is raped and has a child that she can't support?  Is God and conservatives who constantly complain about the nanny state going to support her? 

Once the child is born.  They wash their hands of the whole affair and complain that she is living off of the welfare state that you and the conservatives are paying for. What is God going to do then?

The title of your forum has the word "fun" in it. Politics isn't about fun.  It's about serious business where people are subject to the laws of the land.

17. abwilliams profile image69

So you too attempt to justify. Yours is just a little lengthier.
    I am sorry that innocent, harmless babies must suffer and die due to the screwups of adults.

I'm just trying to see where the line is drawn in how far we let government legislate morality

18. abwilliams profile image69

I wonder if that is what Warnock is trying to do, but from behind a pulpit, in a church?

19. abwilliams profile image69

The Dems have considered it Sharlee and they just don't care!
    Look at this debt forgiveness debacle. Yes, in the end it gets overturned, but whatever!!! Joe Biden promised it to the kids and the sheep...and he got their vote. The Dems got what they wanted with "confused man in the White House".
    The Dems also got seats with a dead man and a damaged man, they've got the people right where they want them.

20. abwilliams profile image69

HOW ABOUT.....a campaign, wherein pamphlets about cause and effect are distributed.
    A paragraph about the birds and the bees for starters -
    Followed by, a paragraph on the multiple means of prevention!!
    If a woman is raped, the rape is reported, a test is done, if there's any chance of pregnancy, a morning after pill is given to prevent pregnancy!
    That can be the next to last paragraph...
    In the final paragraph, a brutally honest description of what happens to a baby when he or she is aborted.

How about we get back to utilizing our God-given Common sense? How about we start acting like HUMAN BEINGS again...and less like animals.....How about that PP?

So as long as we substitute your morality for someone else's it's okay? Many, many citizens in our country believe that the morning after pill is akin to murder.

I think they have the problem when it is used long after the morning after, but I'll give you that one.

In a perfect world we wouldn't even have to have a paragraph four or five in our little pamphlet, would we Faye?
        Wouldn't that be grand!
        Does that sound too moral?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
          Kathryn L Hillposted 17 months agoin reply to this

... write it, shall we? An excellent HubPages Hub topic, I would say!

Agree -- education is the best way to have no need for an abortion. Yes, there are incidents where to save a mother a baby may be sacrificed. But, good education could all but eliminate abortion.

Also what happens to the mother who aborts: a life time of psychological and maybe even physical issues.
        Only women can prevent ... abortion
        and the harm and misery it causes.

Women rise above the tyranny of ego, hormones and ignorance.
          Girls give in and regret.
            (as we digress here, sorry abwilliams. Results are trickling in, till when? next Friday?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DlHfOTYNBg

Yes, I am afraid that I am responsible for this particular digression! Sorry, that's on me.

It is ridiculous that states are still counting. What a joke. We should know on election night who won, who lost. If it's too close and there's a challenge, then start the recount, even if it means an all-nighter. If a runoff is required get to it! Enough of this dragging it out, making it as long as the voting SEASON. That is what it has become, a voting season and a counting season in too many states. Get it together people!!!

Every state has different rules on how they count their ballots. What are we going to do? The federal government could take it all over?

Are you stalking me? wink
                In the leftist's dreams!!
                Not implying that you are leftist, I know how you hate labels...

LOL no stalking involved. I think most States got their counts wrapped up pretty quickly.   My state wrapped up almost immediately on election night. We are blood red though through and through.  If we are going to let states have their own mechanisms for counting and certifying elections what can we really do?   The only option is to have the federal government take control and force a uniform method of counting. I know a lot of folks are increasingly comfortable with the federal government overseeing and taking over everything.

I agree ultimately a woman can suffer both physically and psychologically. In the end, the decision is the woman's, and pregnancies are easy to prevent, other than rape.

As I have said before, this issue bodes poorly, making women appear to have a low level of intelligence.  It would just seem that birth control, and morning-after pills would win out over a true form of surgery. A surgery that may leave a small risk of reproductive problems in the future.

I wouldn't say women are dumb when it comes to this issue. Maybe some are, do the lack of Education and maybe some careless.  I think a lot of folks here are used to having everything available to them within reasonable distance. It doesn't work that way in our mostly rural Southern States. Folks are isolated. I know everyone's familiar with the concept of food desert but we have healthcare deserts also. When I lived in rural Missouri, the nearest and very basic healthcare center was 30 miles away. This situation is even worse in our Appalachian regions. Young girls cannot traverse that distance without some help.  People need to remember, things operate differently from state to state. Access is scarce in our poorer States.  It would be wonderful if those regions had all of the comforts and services you enjoy in a quite liberal state.
            The former governor of Mississippi gave away millions in welfare money so that Brett favre could build a volleyball building at a college campus his daughter attended. These are the kind of things that happen.

I see your point, and I think it sad we have not addressed these kinds of problems long ago. With a good education, we could truely cut the need for abortion down to a bare minimum.

It makes me very ashamed that this we can't shed more light on this problem. Women deserve more. My mom and older sister offered me the birds and bees and talked about what it meant to have a child too young, and the positive rewards when one does family planning.

I think the subject of reproduction needs to be introduced at about 13 years old. And information sent home to parents reminding them it's time to have that talk...  It would at best be a good place to start.

3. peoplepower73 profile image89

ab:  What animals perform abortion? I'm curious, in what stage of conception do you think there are "little babies" as you call them?

... animals just go for it, with no thought of consequences.

Exactly, like irresponsible people.  What is needed is comprehensive sex education which stress the importance of contraception.  Also people must realize that if they aren't ready for sex, DON'T HAVE sex.   Furthermore, one must be PREPARED (i.e. use birth control/other strong contraception) before one intends to engage in sex.   

Yes, I am staunchly pro-choice but abortion should ONLY BE USED AS THE LAST RESORT.  Also abortion should be performed AT THE EARLIEST STAGES.  I don't believe in irresponsible sex.   There should be maturity demonstrated before one has sex.   I must also add that there is a song by the Supremes called LOVE CHILD which detailed the DIRE consequences of unprotected, irresponsible sex.   

While we are on the subject, no teenager is mature enough to even think about sex, let alone indulge in it.  Sex should be restricted to adults. Teenagers are far too irresponsible to indulge in sex-they don't even know their bodies yet.  Too many people are IRRESPONSIBLE about sex- this includes marriage couples who have large/very large families & people who have children, knowing full well that they can't afford them.

And I suppose that you were never a "teenager"?

... we teens, in my town ... in the seventies, never had intercourse. We,  were to open to indulging in one night stands, but knew when and how to stop. We respected each other enough to not jeopardize one another's lives. Plus we had curfews. smile

Well, you and your teens were the exception, because when I remember the period known as the 1970s, sex was everywhere...

Yes, sex was everywhere in the 70s but not everyone indulged in mindless sex.   There is such a thing as being responsible &/or using self-control if one isn't ready nor prepared for sex.   There are many people who had mindless sex much to their regret. They had sex because it was the "in" thing to do.

Oh dear God man, yes I was a teenager but I knew how to be responsible.  I never followed the crowd.  I never experimented w/marijuana.  I was also intelligent enough to know the perils of irresponsible, reckless sex.   I HAD goals & REFUSED to do anything that interferred w/such goals.   Sex ISN'T everything, Credence.   I also used SELF-CONTROL.

PP --- I think that is a good question. Google image a fetus at 9 weeks 10 weeks then 19 weeks as many states are allowing abortions. I do feel everyone should be very aware of what a fetus appears at these stages of development.

I think anyone that discusses abortion should be aware of what a fetus appears at each week of gestation. What do you imagine the fetus looks like?  They are clearly developing human beings, and can not be mistaken for anything else.  So, what would you have them called, what is being aborted?  What is ending up killed, and discarded into a red hazard bag?

One can tell themselves anything they please, but as a nurse, I can tell you factually the results of an abortion either spontaneous or purposeful what is disregarded is a dead human fetus that was on its way to being born, and called a baby.

21. abwilliams profile image69

Have any of these close races that we have been getting late results on gone to any Republicans? Just curious!!

So you're implying cheating?

You really think that it is not happening?

Again, their is absolutely no evidence in this midterm election of cheating.  What are you saying? The space lasers have been activated again? The Italian satellites? Have you seen the mules? Suitcases? Hugo Chavez is at it again?  Come on now.   The candidates endorsed by Mr Trump were not electable. It's not a surprise that many of them lost. Apparently Americans don't want election deniers and conspiracy theorists holding office. Go figure.

1. profile image69

Democrats have mastered the art of cheating in elections. They know that if they don't steal the eleclation AGAIN the Republicans will investigate the Democrats corruption and impeach the low life Marxist biden and harris. The democrats have a strong motive to cheat.

I do not know where you come up with this stupid stuff, but are you implying that Democrats are immune from conspiracy theories?

Hugo Chavez is dead. It is now Maduro stuffing the ballot boxes, and mailing out ballots to people whether they request them or not, and whether or not they are alive. Is it enough to swing an election? I have no idea. Is it a practice that should be stopped as it is a threat to democracy? Definitely. Why is it the liberals whined about the Russians affecting the votes in 2016 but when Biden won you all claimed that it was a totally fair electoon?

Well in case you haven't followed American politics too closely, everything I said were actual theories that were floated by Republicans. 
              I could go on and on with a list of the conspiracy theories promoted by Republicans mostly of the Trump wing of the party but please do inform me what are the Democrats conspiracy theories??

Please inform me of some independent sources stating that Republicans have more conspiracy theories than Democrats.
                Do you have selective memory and are unable to remember all the conspiracy theories about Trump. Ask peoplepower but of course those with TDS are going tô tell you they are true, not conspiracy.

Thank you, Dr. Mark.   TDS is leading people to vote for people who don't have their interests at heart.   People are voting for the SAME people who will increase inflation, not to mention crime-all because they believed that if they voted Republicans(who would do something about inflation & crime), the latter will prohibit abortion in its entirety.    They put abortion which is a secondary issue over the primary issues of inflation & crime yet they will complain about rising inflation & crime.  How delusional can people be, Dr. Mark?  Totally delusional.  People are becoming more immature each day- it is evident as to how people ARE VOTING.   People refuse to think before they vote- they are voting on FEELINGS.  Well, logic doesn't care about feelings.   Feelings mean nothing at all.

For many people, the issue of abortion has to do with government overreaching and legislating morality. Like I said previously, where does that end?  I don't need a politician or a government imposing their morality upon me.  In the realm of morality there sure is a whole lot that government could decide to take charge of isn't there? Many in my state believe IVF is immoral and murderous. Should we take that right away from people also? I think it's immoral to shop for babies to adopt in other countries while we have plenty languishing here. Should government take that right away from folks?  I could go on and on. There are a lot of moral judgments to be made but I don't want politicians making them.

The independent vote broke for Democrats. Republicans should probably consider giving up the election denial schtick.  It was soundly rejected in this midterm.

2. IslandBites profile image89
                    IslandBitesposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Maybe they agree with you. That's why.

"Yes, the goal of Conservatives is to keep women barefoot & pregnant.  Conservative men are threatened by modernity in all aspects.  They want to return to more delineated times when Blacks, women, LBGTQ, & other people "were in their so-called place."   Conservative men are especially threatened by sexually liberated women.  They want to punish women for being sexual.  It is a scary place but progressive Americans are going to fight the regressives."

Dr. Mark, Liberals are becoming more delusional, more extreme & they have regressed to the adolescent stage.   They REFUSE to see what is occurring in front of their eyes.  It is analogous to Germans following Hitler in WW2, knowing that Germany was going downhill.

22. abwilliams profile image69

Not yet.

23. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 17 months ago

There simply cannot be anything dumber under the sun than your standard Rightwinger.

How tiresome does it get when you always have an excuse along with silly complaints and the standard conspiracy theory (du jour)  every time Republicans lose?

I don't believe that the reasons Republicans lose this election cycle is so shrouded in mystery with that secret sauce. Only those with their eyes wide shut could feign blindness to that which is quite evident and obvious to most of us.

1. profile image69

I knew a year and a half ago the 2022 midterm would be stolen by the Marxists democrats. I knew THEN that democrats have a strong motive to cheat in the midterms. Democrats knew the Republicans would investigate them and impeach biden, which is a risk the Democrats will never allow.

That's funny...I just said to my husband, Chuck Schumer staying in power means one of two things - there's cheating or the people are dumber than ever.

Well it looks like there may have been some cheating in Mr DeSantis' gubernatorial race in 2018. At least that is what Mr Trump seems to be alluding to but I'm sure we will find out shortly.  I am anxiously awaiting the "secrets" to be revealed.  Republicans inflicted Trump on our nation and now he is going to release a fury on y'all like has never been seen before.

"Releasing a fury on y'all"? I am not your enemy Faye, just fyi and Trump is just a man.
          I think I'd be more concerned about God's fury at this point!

Well you know that many evangelicals believe that Mr Trump was sent by God to usher in the end times. Maybe they're on to something.

You've got to be kidding.....

Happy Munching on Popcorn days.

I am recommending the book, GENERATIONS, A HISTORY OF AMERICA'S FUTURE, 1584 TO 2069 by William Strauss & Neil Howe.   This book predicted the current culture wars of the 21st century.  Although I lean to the Liberal side, something has to be done about the socioeconomic & crime conditions in America.   I am afraid that today's liberal government is too soft on crime.  Today's liberal is also too lenient regarding the illegal crisis.   

The modern liberal is putting so much emphasis on social programs which America can ill afford.  Let's fix the economy & reduce the crime rate.  That is why thinking people are turning Republican because they deem the Democratic Party to be bleeding heart liberals.   New reports stated that it was the Millennials & Generation Z who drove the blue tsunami wave.   Guess they want to suffer from inflation & crime.   The Republican Party has to present a united front.   A STRONG government is needed & the current Democrats DON'T FIT THE BILL.

The rise of Gen X-ers and Millennials is a ticking time bomb for Republicans if younger voters maintain their political allegiances through life and the GOP doesn’t make significant changes in the platform and policies that it offers to younger Americans.
                    The chasm between the ascending coalition of Millennials and the descending generation of boomers is as wide as the Grand Canyon.
                    The GOP is on the wrong side of this great generational divide. The party’s sometimes seeming hostility towards people of color, its denial of climate change and its opposition to government action plays well to its declining base of seniors but is poisonous to the rising generation of younger voters.

Republican race-baiting is certainly not the answer to the burning questions facing younger voters. A large majority of Millennials told the Pew pollsters that racial and ethnic diversity is good for society and not a threat to the nation.

Finally, the GOP walks a dangerous path when it beats up on big government. Most Millennials believe government should do more to solve problems and not simply rely on businesses and individuals to fix things.

Time marches on but the GOP is stuck in the mud. The culture war leads the party back to the past rather than advancing Republican fortunes in the future.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/56 … r-the-gop/

AB, I think we have a real fight on our hands. The last two elections (2020, and the midterms) should make all Americans see the divide as the status quo. We can't get around that many Americans including some Republican want what Democrats are offering. Even though we have witnessed two years of America's destruction, one must realize, some are willing to go down another path, the Dem's path. Our party is split, is irreparable, time will tell. At present, I don't feel Trump would win, it would be a repeat of 2020.

However,  we have two more years of Biden, all could change drastically, one way or the other. What we need to do is make all efforts to pull our party back together. It will be the only way we can move forward with an America First agenda. 

As you know I am very much on board with the MAGA agenda and will be voting Republican one way or the other. However, I am seeing some on social media jumping ship.

We need to unify and back a candidate that has a good chance of winning.  Hey, Trump will announce this week, let's see what he has up his sleeve, so to say. I won't count him out. He is a problem solver, he may solve the problems that have haunted him for over six years.

Sharlee, the comment that I made to my husband, was just intended to be a comment to my husband.

Then wouldn't you know it, a comment from Cred, stating: "There simply cannot be anything dumber under the sun than your standard Rightwinger", {by that I assume he means constitutionalist conservatives/libertarians} for not accepting this latest setback.
          (I am not quite ready yet to call it our downfall)
          The last standing, actually defending this Republic of ours.
          It's a little ironic isn't it, the last standing, seeking to hold it all together; keeping America first, honoring our constitution, our laws, our traditions, fair elections, etc., keeping our borders, our sovereignty, etc. gets us labeled as, "the dumbest under the sun"?
          Right on cue, Faye comes in with the second punch, preparing us for "the fury" which will inevitably come, because we dare to fight to keep, what really matters!

I'd call it all ironic, wouldn't you?

I should not have said dumb, but of completely varied opinion. We are all for a healthy and happy America, we just have differing beliefs as to how that is to be accomplished.

Micheal Moore was right, to add another morsel of agony to your frustration with the outcome, the Democratic candidate for Senate Maestro, defeated Adam Laxalt in Nevada, sealing the Senate majority for the Democrats regardless of what happens with the December runoff for Warnock and Walker.

Even the house races may not give the GOP the commanding majority that it is seeking and quite a bit remains up in the air.

I knew that we would have a Nevada win. The votes outstanding were predominantly from Democratic counties in the state.

I am going to state that there is no one more delusional than the average left-winger.   Left-wingers, as opposed to Liberals, are existing in their own universe which is totally devoid of reality.   There is SKY-HIGH inflation,  crime rates have RISEN SIGNIFICANTLY, & illegals are FURTHER EXHAUSTING resources.  What is WRONG with you Credence?   The current Democrats are going to take America......STRAIGHT TO HELL.  America doesn't need inane social programs/reforms but to fix the economy & crime.   If I hear any person who stated that h/she unthinkingly voted Democrat & yet complain about the crime & inflation rate, I am going to say, " #$%$%, I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO...."

All of your rants and rave on behalf of the red wave is more a red dribble

I saved a bit of agony for you regarding GOP prospects. Herschel Walker is toast. Now that the Democrats have the majority in the Senate, what use is Herschel?

When you all thought that Herschel would tip the numerical balance in the GOP's favor in the Senate you got behind him no matter how dumb he was.

But, now that that is already decided and he can't save GOP prospects, what are you left with?

A dumb jock with a less than Sterling record of personal deportment. I think that all the enthusiasm behind Herschel will disappear and Warnock will win.

Republicans and their ideals suck and America just got through telling you as much....

The other reality was reproductive rights, do you really think progressive minded working women are going to trade in fundamental rights because of having to pay a few more cents per pound for ground beef at the checkout counter? I could have told you the answer to that months ago...

So, how will the Right react? Repeal the 19th amendment, or raise the voting age to 30?

The issue of inflation is far more important than so called reproductive rights.  Take care of the inflation issue first, then reproductive rights.  I would rather pay LESS for food, the issue of reproductive rights is so secondary to inflation, not to mention crime.   What have you been smoking lately?  The logic is totally amiss here.   People are more concerned about inflation than abortion rights which are secondary.   

People are feeling the effects of inflation, not so much abortion.  At this juncture, the abortion issue is so moot right now.  The issue is the rising cost of food, rent, & other essentials.  Who cares about abortion at this point?    Anyone who voted Democrat, knowing full well that the Democratic program will cause inflation & crime to worsen is seriously delusional.  Republicans want to repair America socioeconomically & in terms of law & order.   I have heard young people complain about inflation & crime-if they voted Democrat, they are kicking themselves in the $$%$.   The Democrats are a fat joke.  They are dangerous to America-when will YOU realize this? Or do you prefer to not live in reality but in Fantasyland.

1. profile image69

gmwilliams, the marxist democrats don't care about the things you just mentioned. It's their plan to ruin this country. They'll burn this country to the ground idf they have to just to rebuild it in the Marxist image. You think the two past years have been bad, watch what happens in the next two years. Our election system no longer works. When polls are taken it's never taken into account how much cheating the Democrats will use. Trust me when I say the Kari Lake will not win as Governer. And Wornock in Ga. will also cheat so the Democrats Senate will have 51 seats.Don't count on Republicans winning the House. Democrats will steal that too. Remember, Democrats will never allow Republican to be in a position were they can investigate the Democrats cheaters and impeach biden and harris.

Do you think we get a happy and healthy America on this current course Cred?

As we keep in place our already massive Government and continue to do the same old, same old, over and over again, with the same old, same old dinosaurs....growing, growing, growing the Government?
              Explain how this does anything positive for our health and our happiness?
              Are Dems okay...are you okay, with crime and deadly drugs coming across our border, BOTH in record numbers?!?
              You do know that Joe isn't going to do anything about it, right?
              He and the Dems kept the Senate and will probably keep the House too, by the time all of the counting is done.........
              So you do know that means that nothing will get done on the border, right?!?
              Talk to the parents of children who have died from fentanyl, it's coming across as if on the wings of birds!!!
              How happy and how healthy do you think these families are?

Talk to hard-working people who Joe Biden fired...so callously telling them to go find something else to do, find out how happy and healthy they are. Especially when they know the potential of OUR energy industry right here on our own soil, as he jets off to grovel and beg for it on foreign soil!?!
              Isn't that a lot like kicking someone, while they are already down on the ground?

I don't understand finding joy in "we the people" getting the screws put to us time and time and time again!! So that what...one political party can boast about winning time and time again? That doesn't sound healthy and shouldn't make any single citizen happy!
              Is that what matters to you the most, even when it won't do a darn beneficial thing for your children or your grandchildren?
              And here I thought we voted for what will benefit and protect our children/our grandchildren and for what will benefit and protect this Republic!?!
              You are telling me that the people spoke and what they want is unconditional abortion and {according to Michael Moore and PP, for "trailer trash" aka constitutional conservatives to be kept OUT!?}
              Okay! Really? Is that the legacy Dems want to hand down to their children/grandchildren? The right for them to know that it is okay to kill their own and name-call, for the sake of the Party? Perhaps that's one for PP or Michael Moore to answer!

You're right, nothing will get done. The only path to progress is for the two parties to come together with the spirit of cooperation and compromise for the good of the American people. When are citizens going to realize that? If we don't hold all of our politicians to that standard we will continue to spin our wheels.
                It won't happen though until people stop buying into the divisive rhetoric of politicians.  As long as politicians can divide america, they don't really need to work on anything meaningful. Politicians have figured out that folks are distracted by hair on fire culture warrior politicians .  Rile people up and scare monger.  If we want movement on any of the issues you mentioned we're going to have to hold politicians accountable and stop being distracted by meaningless nonsense like transgender swimming.

Agreed; trans issues, abortion issues, gimme-gimme issues, shouldn't rule the day, as long as they do, we go down the tubes

To reiterate, I am totally pro-choice but let's fix the main issues first i.e. socioeconomic & crime issues.  Those issues are FIRST & FOREMOST.  The abortion issue is so secondary & that should be fixed (the right to abortion) after the socioeconomic & crime issues are fixed.  Also another important issue is education- return education to its core so that Americans can rate at the top.  Stop the incessant social programs which only exhaust American resources.  C'mon, people have to grow & wake up.   The gimme mentality is an infantile mentality at best.  Grown up, mature people don't expect the government to look after them & provide for their needs- that is such a PARASITIC mentality.  Because of extreme liberalism a/k/a leftism, America is becoming a WELFARE state.  One good thing about the Republicans, at least they curbed welfare & they also curbed crime e.g. Mayor Rudy Giuliani cleaned up Times Square which used to be a cesspool of filth.

AB,

I have not heard any solution from Republicans outside of the usual tax cut for the fat cats at the expense of working and middle class people.

You ragged on about repealing Obamacare promising to replace it something better. That never happened.

You exaggerate, why could your people just leave Roe vs Wade alone as a compromise between pro-life and pro choice? No, you had to take it all and that is the reason you Republicans suffer the results of this latest contest. That was not abortion on demand. The young people and the working and professional ladies resenting the imposition on their prerogatives and made the Republicans pay for it at the polls last November 8th.

I only see Republicans as putting on the screws, from where I am sitting. The Dems win because more people prefer them, that's democracy.

The energy issue is quite complicated, but it obvious by the vote tally that more voters than the Republicans expected did not blame Biden for inflation and rising gas prices that has affected so many other Western Economies.

The immigration issue is also complicated and sound bites from the Right do not add any clarity to it. The Right's endless banter over the great replacement theories, give your side that much less credibility. The "great replacement" so many of you fear will be the result of higher growth rates among diverse people that are already citizens. The massacres in Buffalo and ElPaso weren't  targeting immigrants, were they?

"for not accepting this latest setback.
            (I am not quite ready yet to call it our downfall)"

I don't look at grabbing a majority in the house as a setback. This majority is a win, it will enable us to stop Biden cold for his last two years. I do look at the fact we did not sweep a large majority as a wake-up call. I very clear warning that we need to unite the party to ensure we get a Republican president in 2024. I am always a person that is current and looking ahead. No time to for getting too bogged down with the past. The only way this could turn into our downfall is if we wring our hands, and ignore the fact that we have problems at our party, and we should be working on that problem, like yesterday...

If we are not the last standing and standing united, we will see a New Nation, one we may not value or recognize.   

We also need to realize, we are not fighting amateurs. The Democrats throughout history have a playbook that is littered with vile ploys.

Trump certainly is an example of how far they will go.

I am in for the fight, and no matter what I am going to be backing our party's candidate in 2024.  I fully support MAGA. I think like at this time in our history we need to make America our first priority --- Period.

3. Credence2 profile image79

Or thirs third reason is thatmany people neither like nor trust Republicans, the proof is in the pudding, witness last Nov. 8th.

24. abwilliams profile image69

Maybe?!

ab:  Here is the reason there was no "red wave", other than republican's waving good bye

Trump and Steve Bannon had a master plan to endorse the election deniers and those who were not qualified to hold a government office but who were loyal to Trump.

When he would be elected in 2024, these people would all be in various high level  positions and because they were beholden to him, they would do and say whatever he wanted.

However, there were two things that stopped the red wave.  (1)The voters realized that the election deniers and others running for office who Trump endorsed were not qualified to hold those positions and (2) pro-choice women became the majority in the abortion debate.  That's what you have to deal with for the next two years. Take it or leave it.  Michael Moore was right.

1. profile image69

Oh waite, you're not talking about all those election deniers from the Democrats Party and Liberal media back in 2016 when Trump won. You're are only talking about 2020 and 2022. Surely 2020 and 2022 are the ONLY TWO elections that count. Right?

I am afraid the whining from the Dem party in 2016 is looked at differently than election denying.  Many just have an uncanny way of justifying the fact that from day one they screamed "Not my president!"

1. profile image69

True, Democrats act like their denial in 2016 never happened.

Nor their conspiracy theories, one after another, when it came to Donald Trump.
              Today, it is treated AS IF, none of it ever happened!

1. profile image69

Where are all the fact checkers when you need them. Oh waite, they're Democrats

Yes, these fact-checkers plays scrabble with words and come up with just what propaganda they are feeding up at the buffet of BS. I feel these fact-checkers are much responsible for the division we see today.  I mean look at Biden, and his daily crazy mistruths, one sees little fact-checking on his all kinds of crazy. And when they do fact-check him, they soft soap it. Although as of late WAPO has been blasting him pretty well.

Exactly.  The Democrats concentrate on such inane issues. They love living in Fantasyland, not reality.   Anyone who voted Democrats are just as delusional. They are psychologically immature & refuse to face the reality of what is happening to America.  Regarding the issue of abortion( by the way, I am pro-choice), if people were more responsible regarding sex & contraception, there would be less abortions.  The reasons why abortions are performed are mostly irresponsibility.  If one is mature, one exercises responsibility & plan for sex.  One doesn't enter into sex willy-nilly.  Today, there is so much contraception available.   There are people who use abortion as a means of birth control; c'mon now, abortion should be the LAST RESORT not a lifestyle.

We are on the same page, so often, Grace.
                  All the things which should be happening, in lieu of abortion, aren't happening, because it has been put on some sort of sick pedestal.
                  It is still so mind-blowing to me, no matter how often I attempt to understand it.

They did not recognize it as denial, they talked themselves into half the country is just not suitable to choose a president. You know the deplorable just have no right to vote or to have any form of voice.  Myself, I consider them hypocritical, just can't see it as anything more than hypocrisy.

1. profile image69

Democrats don't give a damn about their hypocrisy. They are pure evil.

Could be they have been brainwashed into an evil mindset, by their politicians and most left media. But, I see a lot of evil s--t coming out of that party, especially over the past 5 years.

That type of commentary is ridiculous. It's outrageous to label an entire group as evil. We wonder why we have problems in this country. Again, Democrats aren't a monolith.  Republicans aren't a monolith. It's extremely narrow-minded to think either of them are.  It's reprehensible to call them evil.

1. profile image69

Really, so Republicans being called facist, semi-facist , brown shirts, and Nazi is less insalting , I would say that's reprehensible

It is pretty darn clear, that the leadership is what is being discussed here Faye.
                    Making abortion your overall number one concern, making light of the ever-growing violence against our fellow man/woman in these big democrat-controlled cities...
                    Knowing that deadly drugs are flooding across the southern border and, intentionally, leaving the border wide open....it's all EVIL!!!

25. abwilliams profile image69

And for what, as they continue to "REFUSE to see what is occurring in front of their eyes", they can't say.

26. abwilliams profile image69

We should have known we had the House on election night, not oh let's wait and wait and wait and see... We can't count our chickens before they are hatched, not in this crooked new world!
    Agreed, America needs to be and is, my first priority right now!

I think it is inexcusable how some states are handling voting.  It leaves one to doubt the accuracy of the count.  Well, hopefully, we gain a majority in the house. It will give us an opportunity to stop Biden cold if we see harmful bills being offered up.

I think we are in for a bumpy ride.

27. abwilliams profile image69

So you seem to be saying, Cred, that it IS all about abortion for the Dems!
    This is how you all want to be remembered?
    I'll start:
    They were willing to fall on the sword for the unfettered RIGHT to exterminate unwanted children.....

No, it is not all about abortion but it is hard to ignore the elephant in the room. The Republicans were warned about extremism on their part regarding this issue. They did not get the hint from the Kansas referendum on the matter earlier this year.

It is about election denial wanting to run the country.

It is about fealty to one man over principles.

Unlike the quote from Barry Goldwater in 1964, extremism in defense of anything is not a virtue in 21st century politics.

The rout that Republicans received this election cycle should encourage them to look at their big picture as part and parcel of their post mortem.

How could you all be so cock sure and confident as to the outcome? You all got your clocks cleaned nationally and at Governor's mansions and across every political spectrum. For some reason, only crimson Red Florida escapes the general trend. But, it is an isolated example

They say that only GW Bush in 2002 and JFK in 1962 midterms were even comparable to this one.

You need to get rid of Trump as the bull in the China shop, and he won't step down voluntarily and he may well meet the fate of another arrogant populist, Huey Long. He will never allow for an heir apparent, his ego will not even consider it.  McConnell is being attacked, McCarthy is being attacked. Both blamed by MAGA for the outcome. I will be glad to watch if you continue to tear yourselves apart.

"Barry Goldwater in 1964, extremism in defense of anything is not a virtue in 21st century politics."

Barry Goldwater clearly didn't comprehend how far we'd fall.

Goldwater was considered an extremist during that period and where did he end up against Landslide Lyndon in 1964?

No progress since Goldwater? I think some of you folks actually believe that a June Cleaver or Donna Reed American standard was going to be the rule over eons of time? Change is inevitable and is a part of our very existence.

Credence2, change can be CONSTRUCTIVE or change can be WOEFULLY DESTRUCTIVE.   The Democrats are %^$^&&% America.  Cities under Democrat control have degenerated into crime ridden cesspools.  Under Democrat control, welfare has become a GENERATIONAL, PARASITIC lifestyle.   Democrats also legalized marijuana, the gateway to harder drugs; I really don't give a good $%^&% about so-called "medicinal" marijuana.  When Biden initiated giving heroin addicts clean needles -c'mon now Credence2, GROW UP MAN, GROW UP.   It is TIME to stop drinking THAT kool aid, man- it's clouding your senses, man.

You claimed that you were socially liberal?

Yeah, right.

I see quite clearly, it is your ridiculous application of Social Darwinism that is and remains in question.

Obviously you did not get the memo regarding the rout of the Republicans and its cause, short of making us think that rightwing pinheads are somehow smarter than the rest of us?

Yes, I am socially Liberal but I live in the real world.  Social Darwinism is a fact of living in society.  Society is a pecking order in which there is the survival or thriving of the most fittest.   You can't change this- that is an immutable reality.   The most fittest in this context is the most cunning/smartest.   

Society in the future my friend is going to be even more cutthroat than ever.   To reiterated, there are going to be TWO socioeconomic classes-the very rich & the very poor.   It isn't going to be pretty.   Society is like a concentration camp of sorts- the smartest i.e. the strongest will rule while the weakest i.e. not so smart will either be the slaves of the smartest or they will vanquish in one way or another.  This is reality & it is time people face this reality.  Social Darwinism is a fact of life & have existed since time immemorial in one way or another.

Then America in concept and reality, if what you say is true, will simply cease to exist. Who benefits then? The lemmings will having the greater numbers and will bring the entire house down. Your Rightwingers oppress the people and see how they are defeated, example November 8th,  you push too hard and you will lose it all, smarter or not smarter. This is not a new concept and it has happened before in other parts of the world, so America is no exception.

I am not a rightwinger, FAR FROM it.  I see the Democratic Party as a degenerate, Marxist husk which is decimating America bit by bit.  How can you be so blind.    Since Obama, I have turned against the Democrats & have voted Republican.   The unthinking lemmings are going to destroy America.  They voted for Biden just to get Trump out of office, not because Biden is qualified- FAR FROM IT.

28. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

With so many races so tight, wonder how the covid death count affected this cycle?

29. abwilliams profile image69

Guilty as charged, I'd choose a world with more June Cleaver's and Donna Reed's and less Rachel Levine's any day of the week!
    That kind of change creeps me out, I am not going to lie!

America is going downhill.  The Democratic Party as of late has done nothing but cripple people.   I feel sorry for the lemmings who voted Democrat.  They are sound asleep.   They can be led to the proverbial slaughter.

1. profile image69

Marxist democrats hate this country. They want to burn it to the ground along with our constitution. Marxist democrats ARE PURE EVIL.

So true. We must remain the proverbial sheepdog; loud, ever-present, always on guard.

3. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

Have you stopped to consider that in a two-party system many continually vote for the lesser of two evils?? Doesn't mean that all that vote for either party are in lockstep with it.
        Extreme Fringe zealots for either party are few in number.   I believe the majority of Americans consider themselves Independents waiting to be moved by a party platform. This is where the Republicans failed miserably during this midterm. They had no discernible platform other than criticism of President Biden and nonsense issues real people don't care about.  We badly need another serious party to form and disrupt our current governmental functioning. It would force the parties to actually  work for voters.   These days, politics is all talk and no action but politicians see that it works for many. All you need to do is talk a good game.

"This is where the Republicans failed miserably during this midterm. They had no discernible platform other than criticism of President Biden and nonsense issues real people don't care about.  "

First, we will win the house, and yes the media is programming some to think --- we failed. Just not true, we will stop Biden's agenda cold for his remaining time in office. And yes, the Seate will stop any and all the House bills. However, if the House is witnessed to be handing down bills that are truely good for the Country, such as comprehensive immigration, bills to handle growing crime, and bills that could be beneficial to bring the economy back,  The Senate will get one black eye after the other.

Not sure why you feel the people don't care about the economy, crime, and immigration, because that is what the majority of Republicans ran on, and we did pick up more votes from Blacks, Hispanics, and independents this time around.  And polls give good proof Americans are worried about the above-mentioned. 

Clearly, we won a victory in the midterms. Not sure how one could think we did not. Curious, but not unexpected. The Republicans will rule the roost come Jan. So, I guess anyone that feels they won't better do their celebrating now.

And this misterms results, in my view. will have both sides working their asses off to win over Ameican...Can't be all bad.

The lead in the house will be slim.
            And with the Republican party so splintered, I doubt they will get all on board with legislation.  Democrats still have the power in the Senate.  There will have to be compromised and real negotiation or nothing will get done.   Americans where I'm from are overwhelmingly sick of the chaos and gridlock. So whoever doesn't come to the table with real cooperation will ultimately lose.
            As far as an overwhelming midterm success I have to respectfully disagree. Obama's first midterm test was  a shellacking and  George W. Bush's a thumpin' .  The current midterm  shows Democrats defying history in terms of loss. Midterms are supposed to be the time for the opposing party to shine. Especially with historic inflation. Instead, President Biden and the Democrats are in a position to have one of the  best midterms for the party controlling the White House in the last century. Why? I think regular folks just saw many of the Republican candidates as just to extreme and too closely tied to Mr Trump and election denial.  If the party continues down this path, it looks like it'll continue to be a losing proposition.  You can't do the same thing and expect different results. 
            They need to read the room and make some changes.  It would be a good look on their party if they show some good faith negotiation over the next two years to get some things done for the good of all of us.

To truely predict what's down the road, in my view, is impossible. We have never seen such a mess. I seem to always be waiting for the next shoe to drop.

And it well looks like Trump is ready to fight once again, and who knows what he has weapons.

30. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

Anyone think that Mr Trump will announce his 2024 run under his own party? 
    I'm thinking he may believe that route will give him the opportunity to exact maximum revenge and retaliation. The final act of the Trump show is going to be a big one.

31. abwilliams profile image69

Cred intentionally used wholesome characters from the old days of television to mock and insult. As if wholesomeness and goodness is a thing of the past and no longer welcome here!! Why do values and common decency have to go down the tubes, in order for the Democratic Party to remain relevant?
    For me this current downward spiral that we are on, has everything to do with me fighting to salvage some type of decent America to leave for my grandchildren!!! Just in case, God spares us!
    In the meantime, while we still have a country, I am going to continue to vote for those in the Party that are doing the least amount of damage! I guess that makes me a "fringe extreme zealot" by today's standards. Again, guilty as charged.
    I prefer constitutional conservatives, I prefer men and women who do not dismiss or mock my Faith! Currently, there's no one like that  in the Dem Party.....so there's that! I believe that the G.O.P. has the most potential, but I've no problem with a new Party, a constitutionally conservative one, that will not waver. I don't know if it would have time to form, in order to compete, in my lifetime, however. But one can dream, one can hope and one can pray.

100% agree.  Some time ago GA coin a line that has stuck with me. It is short but sweet ---  "I would not want to be them". 

Don't you think this line sums it up precisely?  AB, we fight the good fight, and no one will ever mistake us for one of them...

Sharlee: Economies recover.  They are part of the business cycle.  In the long term, the markets trend upward.  However, global warming and climate change are getting worse. Every hurricane that hits this country costs tax payers billions of dollars.  Every wild fire that we have cost billions of dollars.  The effects on the economy are insidious, but real. But the conservative are in denial about it along with the corporations that are creating the causes.  All one has to do is follow the money. That's what Biden is about.

As far as impeaching Biden goes, you get Kamal Harris. Shutting down the government to prove a point does no good for anybody including the economy.  If we can't pay our bills that were accrued from the last fiscal year and the budget for the following year, you do realize it affects our rating of the dollar against foreign currencies?

But that is precisely what extremists like MTG and Bobert want to do. It sounds the same like all the people on this forum who are whining about losing are doing. Yes go ahead and put up the good fight and see where it gets you and this country.

We whine over what does not make sense. Fighting a good fight is the only valid reason to fight

"As far as impeaching Biden goes, you get Kamal Harris. Shutting down the government to prove a point does no good for anybody including the economy.  If we can't pay our bills that were accrued from the last fiscal year and the budget for the following year, you do realize it affects our rating of the dollar against foreign currencies?"

Yes, I do I predicted we would see this about a year ago -----

"Dollar set for biggest two-day fall since 2009 as rate outlook shifts"
          https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/11/dollar- … casts.html
          https://www.reuters.com/markets/currenc … 022-11-15/
          "The Dollar Is on Track for Its Worst Day in 13 Years. That’s Good News for the Stock Market."  https://www.barrons.com/articles/dollar … 1668111351

Not sure what you are thinking --- we can't pay our bills, and we can't keep printing cash or borrowing cash. Biden has sunk America in debt and is out there now promising cash to other nations to ensure they go green.

MTG or Bobert is not in any way responsible for the mess we find the country in today. That would be Biden.

Sharlee:  Those links you posted are about inflation affecting the dollar.  What I am talking about is the Fiscal Cliff when we have to pay for what was spent the previous fiscal year and budget for the next year on Dec. 3 . 
            If the government is shutdown because we don't pay our bills, we default on loans and our credit rating on foreign markets gets downgraded.. 

Granted, we are suffering from inflation now, but if we don't pay our bills because the government is shutdown on Dec.3, it will just increase inflation.  Here is what I'm talking about.

https://www.investopedia.com/dec-3-2021 … ms-5211014

Here is what MTG wants to do.  She is a loose cannon and doesn't know what the hell she is doing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … li=BBnb7Kz

I understood your comment. I was pointing put Biden has already skrewed up the dollar.   Yes, it could get worse due to us having the need to continue to borrow, and just print cash.

So, what would cause the U.S. dollar to collapse?
              There are some conceivable scenarios that might cause a sudden crisis for the dollar. The most realistic is the dual-threat of high inflation (BINGO)  and high debt, (BINGO)  a scenario in which rising consumer prices force the Fed to sharply raise interest rates. (BINGO).

I fully know we need to pass the budget, the problem seems to be that an open debt ceiling to pay our bills leaves an open wallet for  Democrats to spend on projects we can't afford. I have heard several Republicans say the same thing MTG spouted that they will not pass a budget with any form of dangling projects.

The US should have not piled up Biden's debts at this point. It has come to denature our dollar, and it certainly could get worse with more unnecessary spending. Yes, we need to pass a budget, but we need to be very careful, and diligent not to overspend.

Sharlee:  Each president inherits the national debt of the previous president.  That is the baseline. In other words, Trump inherited  Obama's national debt and Biden inherited Trump's national debt.

You are ignoring the importance of what I'm telling you.  Let me put it another way.  We have inflation now. If we shutdown the government and don't pay our bills, we will have even more inflation and our credit rating gets downgraded.  If we don't shutdown the government and pay our bills, none of that happens.

The budget deficit is used to pay last years bills and to forecast what we need for the next fiscal year.

Here is Trump's National Debt.

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

Here is where we are right now in real time.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Exactly.

Yes it does Sharlee!
        To not have anything substantial to work toward, to not value anything as worthy of a good fight, must make for a sad and unfulfilling existence.

What wholesome characters? They were imaginary characters from the standpoint of today and even back then. June Cleaver met her husband as a housewife stay at home in high heel pumps and pearls.

TV, rather than being a window on the world, was relative to sitcoms, a funhouse mirror.

Wholesomeness can only be acknowleged after respecting reality and the truth.

There is nothing wrong with decency and values as long as your freedom to impose that  do not interfere with my right to dissent when otherwise one does not cause harm to the other.

The things you complain about now, my grandparents complained 50 years ago, and their grandparents complained about regarding the relative "loose morals" of the roaring twenties.

The clock must always move forward, not backward. The world you conservatives swoon over and speak of with such fondness simply does not exist and never really has.

There is no such thing as "Constitutional Conservatives", just Right wing points of view that Conservatives say are in line with the Constitution, because they say so.

Your faith will be neither be dismissed nor mocked as long as you allow the faith of others and their preference of worship the same privilege.

And I would welcome Donald Trump's creation of an alternate 3rd party

You brought up these characters, I did not.
        As you, I too will always call it as I see it! All that the progressive left has managed to do is ,"move us forward" right over the cliff!! They, alone, have screwed up this country to the point where a Nov. 2022 John Fetterman (D), has appeal as a candidate for President! I should clarify: for President of the United States of America!!
        Can't blame conservatives for dumbing down the masses, we have had very limited conservative representation in office over the years...or anywhere for that matter!
        It would be a nice change to see that change and, quite possibly...may be our only hope!

32. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 17 months ago

Good debate points, Peoplepower:

1."Economies recover.  They are part of the business cycle. In the long term, the markets trend upward."

2. "Global warming and climate change are getting worse. Every hurricane that hits this country costs tax payers billions of dollars. Every wild fire costs billions of dollars. These effects (caused by global warming) on the economy are insidious."

3."Conservative are in denial that corporations are creating the causes (of global warming)."

33. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

A federal judge just struck down the use of title 42 at the border. The judge is ordering President Biden to lift it.
    This gives a wonderful opportunity to the incoming House majority to put up a comprehensive immigration plan, right?  Like I said, I'm looking for  instantaneous day one results.  Time to drop the obsession with transgenders and hit the ground running.

Trump was doing so well with solving the problem of the border. Too bad Biden just opened them up to all. The stats give a shocking reality to what it was under Obama and Trump, compared to this mess of a president.

"The U.S. Border Patrol reported more than 1.6 million encounters with migrants along the U.S.-Mexico border in the 2021 fiscal year, more than quadruple the number of the prior fiscal year and the highest annual total on record."

And this year --- over 2.5 million, with a presumed 1 million got away --- Yikes!

So, due to the mess Biden has made ---  I do agree the new House needs to have bills ready quickly to shut our borders, and have some comprehensive immigration laws. I mean if they let Biden have his way we will have many more million stream illegally across the border.

President Biden didn't change any of Mr Trump's policies.  And his immigration reform Bill that he put through I think on day one of his term was stopped in the Senate.  With this new development I hope that Republican leadership is working on a bill right now. They will receive due blame for every single day of inaction.  The Hot potato has landed in their lap.

Biden stopped the wall construction. he went back to stopping and relying on. He did not enforce waiting in Mexico.  So, even though he did not cancel out all Trump had done to stop the influx of migrants, he just did not enforce them.  Trump's policies if enforced would have continued to work. All Biden needed to do was enforce those policies. he never did from the moment he walked into the White House he opened the border. If he would have not gone back to catch and release we would not have had  this problem occur.

Fact  Jan  2021  Biden Suspends Deportations, Stops 'Remain In Mexico' Policy. He stopped it immediately and sent out his invitation, and the invitation is still in effect. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/president- … ico-policy

"The newly inaugurated Biden administration wasted no time in taking two major steps to dismantle much-criticized Trump-era immigration policies in its first day in office.

The Department of Homeland Security announced that starting Thursday, it would pause deportations for certain noncitizens in the United States for 100 days and would stop new enrollments in the Migrant Protection Protocols policy, also known as the "remain in Mexico" program.

Acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary David Pekoske said the U.S. "faces significant operational challenges at the southwest border as it is confronting the most serious global public health crisis in a century."

Pausing some enforcement measures gives the agency breathing room as the DHS plans to fully review current programs and U.S. immigration policies, Pekoske said in a memo issued late Wednesday.

Pekoske's memo directed DHS sub-agencies Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services "to review and reset enforcement policies and set interim policies for civil enforcement while the Department develops its final priorities."

The department aims to focus its resources "where they are most needed," Pekoske said. In light of the serious challenges at the southern border, DHS must "surge resources" to the area to ensure "safe, legal and orderly" immigrant processing."

He to this day has not used Trump's border policies. Migrants are as they have been from day one being caught and released.

I believe the President Biden tried to end MPP but a judge forced him to keep it I think up until just last month.   As far as the wall, several parts of it were falling down and other sections were still being breached and scaled.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- … ers-2021-4

Biden did not hold up on any of Trump's border policies.  Any and all sat in courts, and catch and release were primarily what was being used.

The photo that Insider used (a far-left rag) was not Trump's wall, it was the present old barrier. Here is Trump's wall.
              https://hubstatic.com/16234514_f1024.jpg

And no doubt some would try to get over that wall and would succeed.  But far fewer than ever before, stats just prove Trump was doing a good job at the border. 

How do explain the stats, away?  Do you realize or comprehend the massive numbers entering illegally?  Do you care that factually we have no control over who is getting in, in regard to got aways?  That we have some that were apprehended on the terrorist watch list? Do you care about the huge increase in drugs coming in? 

How can you possibly defend this man's lack of problem-solving at the border?

Again, a president cannot solve this issue alone. I will put it squarely on the Congress for their lack of problem solving at the border and that includes both parties as President Biden did put forth some reform on day one.  They refused to work on it.  Since Congress refused to work on immigration reform, of course we were left with what Mr Trump had in place. Title 42 is just going away now as well as MPP. I suppose you can blame that on the judges.  But I'm confident that the new house will come in in January and solve the problem immediately.

"President Biden did put forth some reform on day one. "
                  You mean his invitation, his call out for all to make their way to the border?

1. Create an earned roadmap to citizenship for undocumented individuals.
                  2.Keep families together.
                  3. Embrace diversity.  The bill includes the NO BAN Act that prohibits discrimination based on religion and limits presidential authority to issue future bans.
                  4. Promote immigrant and refugee integration and citizenship. The bill provides new funding to state and local governments, private organizations, educational institutions, community-based organizations, and not-for-profit organizations to expand programs to promote integration and inclusion, increase English-language instruction, and provide assistance to individuals seeking to become citizens"
                  5. Grow our economy. This bill clears employment-based visa backlogs, recaptures unused visas, reduces lengthy wait times, and eliminates per-country visa caps. The bill makes it easier for graduates of U.S. universities with advanced STEM degrees to stay in the United States;
                  6. Protect workers from exploitation and improve the employment verification process. The bill requires that DHS and the Department of Labor establish a commission involving labor, employer, and civil rights organizations to make recommendations for improving the employment verification process.
                  7. Supplement existing border resources with technology and infrastructure.
                  8.Manage the border and protect border communities.
                  9. Start from the source. The bill codifies and funds the President’s $4 billion four-year inter-agency plan to address the underlying causes of migration in the region, including by increasing assistance to El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, conditioned on their ability to reduce the endemic corruption, violence, and poverty that causes people to flee their home countries.
                  10.Improve the immigration courts and protect vulnerable individuals.
                  11.Support asylum seekers and other vulnerable populations.
                  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo … on-system/

All of this is one big incentive to make the trip... This is no bill, this is a disgusting bunch of rhetoric to encourage migrants to come To America "we will take such good care of you"...   

This man literally came into office sent out the above invitation made every attempt to do away with Trump's policies and got what he wanted a huge mass of people coming into the country, even during the time we were having a very hard time getting COVID under control.

I can't see how you can defend this man's policies.

Yes, I hope the new Congress does at best close our borders until we can round up all the migrants that need to be deported.

I don't care if he threw spaghetti at the wall. Congress needed to figure it out plain and simple. Especially since half of them have been railing about it for the last few years. Stop complaining on TV and get in there and do something about it. Half of these people don't belong in these offices to begin with.  President Biden may have made attempts to get rid of those actions by Mr Trump but judges blocked it up until literally right now. Neither of those policies are immigration reform that is needed in any stretch of the imagination though. They are Band-Aids. We have had 30 years of ineffective government slapping Band-Aid over Band-Aid on the issue.  People need to cut the partisan crap already and hold all of these people accountable but no we would rather have our hair on fire and just line up behind our  teams and continue to make nonsense excuses. Again, politicians have people bamboozled by bullsh*t.  The issues aren't important as long as you stick with your party. Absolutely nothing will change or get done until they drop the partisan crap.   It's ridiculous.  The younger generation is the only hope. They seem to get it.

34. abwilliams profile image69

Are you doing stand-up comedy now?
    Biden changed every single one of President Trump's policies.

35. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

The GOP agenda come January: Hunter Biden, reviewing aid to Ukraine and investigating the wrongful treatment of January 6th rioters. 

Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., the incoming Oversight Committee chairman, has said an investigation into Hunter Biden and other Biden family members and associates will be a priority.  I think the priorities seem a little misplaced?

Investigations will dominate the new Congress, from the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic and allegations of politicization at the Justice Department to America's botched withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Marjorie Taylor Greene said a GOP-led House would probe firms that stopped donating to Republicans. She also said she will file to form a committee to investigate the poor treatment of January 6th rioters!
    Really??

None of this seems very productive does it?

Lol what happened to crime, immigration, inflation??  Haven't heard one member mention any plan to address any of the real issues that affect Americans.  You know, the ones they've been complaining about for the last two years?  It's looking like a vengeance operation

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna55912

It’s like I told you Faye, these people simply aren’t any good.

Come on Cred --- have you been open enough to take in all the BS that has been uncovered in regard to Hunter? Do you feel it unnecessary to look into the origins of a virus that killed millions, and if we funded the lab that created the virus?  Do the 13 Gold Star families deserve answers?

The judicial committee was formed hundreds of years ago for just these kinds of investigations.  It sounds as if you feel when Republicans are the majority, the committee should step back from investigating
        Democrats.  Come on man!

You were fully on board when it came to the investigations of all that were Trump.  And I think we can safely say the FBI went all out and pulled some very shady sh-t while they tried to dig up dirt on him.

Well in Hunter's case, the JC has bank documents 20 some whistleblowers, and his own laptop, as well as one of his business partners claiming the Biden family is corrupt.

How can you indicate this mess should not be investigated?  Come on!

"We simply aren't any good" Sharlee, why bother talking it through? Cred has made himself quite clear over the years, we see him as our fellow citizen, he sees us as the enemy.

I think you are correct many see us as just plain bad. However, in this small HP world, I had hoped we could at best be open and share our views. yes, as rule we as Republicans are bashed. But, we fight the good fight and try to bring some of our truth to the forefront. 

I think one thing stands out, (I mean one really followed conversation) we are open, we are bold, and we do submit facts when necessary. We stand fast, we as a rule keep our cool and don't get personal or call names. Hey, we are people to be recorded with, and yes much of the time looked at as enemies. But, in my view, what I have seen much of the time,  we are above looking at others as enemies.  It's in our nature...

This is a very good thing that sets us apart.

Remember, AB, it is never personal. I don't trust the people that you support and considering their behavior from the standpoint of my values and principles, they are an enemy of sorts.

You and I could always share a cup of coffee and such, we just avoid talking about politics.

Well, like you said, Sharlee, where is the proof? If Hunter is involved, it is still one thing, the President's son is not the President. You all can't afford to miscalculate again like you did last November 8th. The Republican House digging and foraging without any direction will be noted to their continued detriment.

Trump, unlike Biden is a career criminal with more infractions to his credit than any Chief Executive in the history of the office and we want to compare apples with hand grenades? If you are honest with yourself, even giving him the benefit of the doubt, can you really question that?

Somehow the entire Untied States Government is totally corrupted and operating outside professional parameters over one man?

I am saying to Republicans go ahead and investigate, but if you waste money and draw a blank, I am going to hold them accountable.

Please, do you realize how much money and time has been spent on trying to dig up dirt on Trump?  The list is long. And is it not time to either say we have some real ill equipt people in the FBI, and the  DOJ or Trump just has not broken any laws?  Do you think that if they could get Trump on anything they would not?

I have felt the same and said the same.  If they waste money and draw a blank, I am going to hold them accountable.

So, when can I aspect the Democrats to be accountable for all the many hearings, failed impeachments, investigations, and through in the Mueller fiasco? 

Yes, somehow the entire US government is totally corrupt and working outside the norms of the Constitution. 

You need to ask yourself why your party is and has been so hell-bent to ruin one man.    A man that was a pretty dam good president.

How can you trust the people that you support,  and consider their behavior virtuous?  They show a true lack of values or principles. They clearly are corrupt and are ruining the Country.

It seems as though Mr Trump and his supporters believe that he should just always be off limits to any sort of investigation.  Any investigation that has been launched has been done so because circumstances appear to warrant a closer look. There is a basis. January 6th and the documents stash seem to fit the idea that there was an established need to have a closer look.
              Are you saying that these 2 investigations in particular should have been simply overlooked or ignored?  That would mean that someone would make the decision independently that there was no wrongdoing and everything was above board? And someone should make that decision without an investigation of the full situation and facts?  Along those lines of thinking, we could do away with all investigations in any realm. Just trying to understand the thinking.
              When should an investigation be warranted? And if it is warranted but doesn't end in some kind of prosecution or punishment does that mean it was a witch Hunt to begin with?  Should the decision to investigate be simply predicated on the potential outcome?   Meaning that if the individual most likely was involved in wrongdoing but the odds of prosecution are low we should turn the other way?

"There is a basis. January 6th and the documents stash seem to fit the idea that there was an established need to have a closer look."

I am not indicating the two problems do not warrant looking at and being investigated by our top two law enforcement agencies. I did put together a thread on the subject. Here are my feelings on the current hiring of a special counsel.

How many DOJ agents are there?
                The Department of Justice includes over 4,500 employees who are engaged in a variety of law enforcement and legal services.

Who are the members of the DOJ?
                The Department of Justice – or “DOJ” – is the agency responsible for enforcing the federal law of the United States. The Attorney General of the United States – appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate – heads the DOJ with its more than 100,000 attorneys, special agents, and other staff.

So why in the hell do we once again need a special counsel to investigate Trump for taking classified documents from the White House, and if he had a part in the Jan 6th riot?

No problem with the two issues being investigated, just how many times the issues need investigating, and it would appear our two law enforcement agencies, with all the many legal experts should have the ability to wrap these investigations up with good speed. In my view, if one has broken any laws they deserve to be punched. I don't agree with publicly punching any one with accusations, that they apparently can't prove.

For many years the DOJ, and FBI, have been investigating Trump, and we have witnessed two (in my view ridiculous) impeachments. New York hounded the courts to see trump's taxes, he had not broken any tax laws. We watched Russiagate, and he was accused of many things, that a two-year investigation found nothing, but left a trail of speculation to hang over Trump's head. So, no I have nothing against investigating, as I am pro-investigation on the Biden's. However, I think evidence should be available, the form of evidence that can be used in a court of law. As documentation, firsthand accounts under oath.

There has never been such evidence in regard to any of the prior trump accusations. At this point, there is clear evidence he took documents from the WH.  This is the reason for an investigation. However, I feel we are paying literally thousands of investigators and legal minds. We do not need special counsel. It's a waste of money. If there was any there -there, Trump would have been indicted.

Sick of watching these investigations, and you know what, anyone that can't see the injustice of all of this, well I will keep that sentiment to myself.     Enough is enough. So save your come back, save the energy on this one

I think we knew what we were getting into when Merrick Garland was chosen as an attorney general. He seems to be a careful meticulous methodical man. He would have been better suited for the Supreme Court. But I don't think his decision has anything to do with the number of agents available to investigate. He explained that the addition of the special counsel is a move to bring in a layer of Independence so that this can proceed without partisanship or being viewed as political.  He also stated that it was in the best interest of the country since both Mr Trump and President Biden have indicated a run in 2024.  He wants the investigation to go through an independent process as a final look.   It's something I think he needed to do. What is wrong with an extra layer of protection?

Got it Yeah --- though I might hear that. LOL  That's why I shared you should not take the energy to come back. 

Well, Garland maybe better do something about the Counyrys best interest in regards to all the many accusations being tossed Joe's way.

Your view rings of hypocrisy.  One can take a horse to water.....

I guess it is ok if you think that he was a good president, but from my perspective his attitudes, abrasive and insulting style gave me reason to be concerned and that, too, goes back to 2015.

https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-viol … ate-speech

I know that the link is a litany, but how would you think that any man that was offensive as he has been is going to be seen by me as a "good president"?

Trump ruins himself with his attitude and political stances.

I have no choice but to support the people that I support who at a minimum do not have a target on my back.

I think the Constitution is fine as long as it does not make exception for any one man.

I do understand your concern about witch hunts, and from your side, Trump was the victim of one.

Time and money to dig up dirt? One word, Benghazi

Yep, what about that?

Another word --- Russiagate/ Mueller investigation

"But how much did the Mueller investigation really cost? Fact checks conducted by Politifact and Roll Call said that Trump's $40 million figure was an exaggeration and not true in all likelihood.

According to Mueller's expense reports filed through September 30, 2018, the Russia investigation had cost $25 million. Assuming that the costs incurred by the Mueller investigation stayed roughly on the same pace, the Mueller probe's final total is likely to be $32 million to $35 million."
                  .https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/mar/26/mueller-investigation-cost/
                  https://money.com/mueller-report-cost-w … ney-fines/

Add in all the many Trump investigations, and we are at astronomical numbers. Plus to ridiculous impeachments.

Benghazi ---   "The select committee itself was created by House Republicans in May 2014. The committee issued its final report on the Benghazi attack a little more than two years later in June 2016 and was officially shut down in December 2016. The select panel spent $7 million during the course of the probe."
                  https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/29/politics … rt-mueller

Glib hypocrisy has a very bitter taste, in my view.

I believe the Mueller investigation indicted 34 and  the Benghazi investigation? Zero I believe.

"Well, like you said, Sharlee, where is the proof?"

Independent Source Confirms Authenticity of Damning Hunter Biden Emails

"A 2015 email from Ukrainian businessman Vadym Pozharsky thanking Hunter Biden for “giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together” is genuine, according to a person described in Politico Playbook as having “independent access” to Hunter’s emails. Pozharsky was an adviser to Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian natural gas company on whose board Hunter Biden sat while his father was vice president.

A second email from 2017 that reportedly outlines a deal between the Biden family and a now-defunct Chinese energy company is also real, the person said. That email, sent by Biden business partner James Gillar, includes the line “10 held by H for the big guy?” which Tony Bobulinski — Hunter Biden’s former business partner and a recipient on the email — said referred to Hunter holding a 10 percent stake in the deal for Joe Biden.

Both emails were first reported by the New York Post, which purportedly recovered them from a laptop that Hunter left at a repair shop in Delaware and never retrieved."

https://news.yahoo.com/independent-sour … 01909.html

There is also the fact the Hunter Biden story was manipulated by the FBI in order to get biden elected.

"There's the fact the corporate media dismissed the Hunter Biden laptop story out of hand, refused to pursue it and even ran interference for then-candidate Biden when directly questioned on it by then-President Trump in debate.

There's the fact the corporate media unquestioningly ran with a narrative that the story was "Russian disinformation" to justify its dismissal of it, despite lacking a scintilla of concrete evidence to substantiate that dubious claim.

There's the fact dozens of senior then-ex intelligence community (IC) officials—people whose profession ostensibly demands equipoise, analytical rigor and the setting aside of politics—fed the corporate media that narrative, abusing their positions with reckless abandon.

There is still more intrigue to this story. Why did The New York Times feel compelled to admit it only now, after reporters for mainstream publications like the aforementioned Politico had confirmed the authenticity of much of the laptop's contents months back?

Is it simply because the case against Hunter Biden, billed as a tax matter, but which the Times reports has evolved into one centering on money laundering and potential Foreign Agents Registration Acts charges, is built so heavily on the substance of the laptop, making it impossible to report on the case while outright ignoring it?"

https://www.newsweek.com/hunter-biden-l … on-1690293

I am so glad you took the time to post this.  I have also followed the Hubrer Biden information, and it is very clear he has been breaking laws for many years, as has Joe Biden and his Brother.

However, you will get crickets from your we;; established comment.

I am pleased that we have the majority now, and I am very sure they will out everything on the Biden family mob.

"I am very sure they will out everything on the Biden family mob."

And if it comes up a bust should it be called a politically motivated witch Hunt?

1. wilderness profile image95

There is little doubt in my mind that there will be a "politically motivated witch hunt".  After the actions of the past 6 or 7 years "tit for tat" is going to seem very, very reasonable to a lot of people in Congress; that it will harm the country at least as much as the Trump ones did is irrelevant to them.

I hope you have been following evidence that has piled up on Hunter. And yes payback can be a real bitch. Too bad, it has come to this. But In my view, Hunter left a sloppy trail of pure evidence. And let's face it there will be many of his prior business associates stepping up, just as Tony B. has.

If it comes up a bust --- I will admit it... I have followed the documentation, that actually has been posted on the internet, and I have watched the Boblinsky interview.  I watched the FBI call Hunter's laptop Russian misinformation, and bury it before the 2020 election. The Bidens are knee-deep in mud. That's just my view.

Or if it comes up cold --- and we have a Republican president in 2024, he can just do what Joe just did, weaponize the DOJ and FBI, and the new "Big Guy" can appoint a special counsel.   We all know Biden's AG has just pulled a big political stunt due to Trump now running for the presidency.

I will go out on a limb, in my view, Hunter is going to be indicted at best on a couple of crimes. Hopefully, they get Joe too.

Understood Mike, we will just have to see which case Trump or Hunter Biden gets to the indictment stage first.

Trump did try to interfere with the national protocol associated with tallying electoral college votes, that is a crime and there is not a lot of debate that says that he is innocent of that. He tried to steal the election, and I will see him hang for it.

The committee is made up of 22 U.S. senators they play a critical role in providing oversight of the Department of Justice and the agencies under the Department's jurisdiction, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Department of Homeland Security.  It would seem that the committee would be derelict in their duties if they did not investigate the current FBI and DOJ ongoing investigation into Joe Biden and his son. The president could be compromised. Not only is it fair to bring up the amounts being spent on the Ukraine war,  but Hunter's involvement in Ukraine. Did our Government not investigate the entire Trump family in regard to Russia and hire individuals to dig up dirt on Trump?  Did we not have a lengthy two-year investigation?  There was no conclusive evidence that led to any form of wrongdoing. Yet the government has documentation and emails, and a laptop to either prove or disprove their case against Hunter, Plus whistleblowers to the number that has reached over 20, not to forget Tony B.

In regards to COVID, we the people want answers --- have we been funding China to research lethal viruses?  Have we been out and out lied to? Oh yes, this certainly needs looking into.

In regard to Afghanistan, we have 13  Gold Star families that deserve answers. And it's the job of the Judicial Committee to provide those answers. 

This committee is responsible for investigating possible wrongdoing in Government.

"None of this seems very productive does it?"

In my view, ehat I have mentioned is very important, we most likely have a president that could be compromised due to Pay for Play.

COVID killed millions across the world, to me this is not trivial, or laughable...

And I don't think the families of the 13 dead soldiers are laughing either.

Now that Republicans are a majority in Congress, should we just do away with the judicial committee? A committee that has been around from the very first days we formed a senate. 

I don't understand your reluctance for this committee to do its job. It does not seem they have adopted issues that do not need investigating.

Plus, I would think that the remaining 78 senators will handle legislation and the concerns of the nation.

I  will never understand your logic.

Well I guess crime, the border, inflation and so on weren't really such pressing issues then.  We can put them on the back burner while we look at Hunter Biden's laptop.
        Unless that laptop can bring down our gas prices, I don't think much of America is going to have an appetite for this nonsense.

All of this crap was the first thing out of their mouths, no mention at all on any of the things they've been complaining about for 2 years.
        Why?? Because they would actually have to work to get those things done.   

The court is forcing president Biden  to remove the wait in Mexico policy and title 42. Where is the Republican plan to address this?  Not a peep, hopefully they'll find it in Hunter Biden's laptop

All you mentioned are pressing issues. Again I explained what the Judisue committee's job is, and that they would not be doing their diligence if they did not look into the problems with COVID origin, Hunter and his Dad, and the Afghanistan pullout leaving us with 13 families that want answers.  It would seem you feel all of the above-mentioned is insignificant. Which is your right? I don't.

You continually ignore my thought that the other 78 Senators as well as the House which actually submits legislation can do the work of fixing the very pressing problems we have to live with due to this administration's failures.

You seem to forget that it was the CDC under Biden that did this, and have been in court fighting, and now have won ---
          "After the CDC announced that it was letting Title 42 expire, Arizona and 21 other states filed a federal lawsuit on April 3 in the Western District of Louisiana, asking a judge to stop the government from lifting Title 42. Texas filed a separate lawsuit on April 22 seeking the same thing.

Both lawsuits argue the Biden administration violated administrative procedural laws and that if Title 42 is lifted as planned, it could lead to chaos at the border."

APR 2 2022
          CDC will end sweeping order used to expel migrants at U.S. borders during Covid pandemic"

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will end a sweeping order the U.S. has used to expel more than 1.7 million migrants at the nation’s borders during the Covid-19 pandemic"
          https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/01/cdc-wil … covid.html

Joe won!  Not sure how you understood Biden wanted to keep article 42?
          The courts gave the CDC?Biden the win --- no more article 42.

The media has many not remembering how all of this started. The CDC/Biden wanted it 42 gone. And now they have their wish. Which will further increase the numbers making their way to the border.

Do you feel Biden is too dumb to know that the courts would call 42 unconstitutional?   Come on.

Well since we've heard about the overwhelming concern that Republicans have about the border. I am sure we will be hearing very soon about their plan to address immigration reform. Just sort of thought they would have put it ahead of all of the investigations. But I'm expecting them to multitask like no one's ever seen.

Yes, it is one of the Republican concerns. It is too bad Biden made such a mess at the border or to be fair, just made it worse than it has ever been in America's history.

I will be watching too.

It doesn't matter what President Biden thought or wanted in regards to the court ordering him to get rid of title 42 and wait in Mexico. 
            The Republican party has highly criticized his stance at the border and refused to work on the legislation he did put forward to address border problems.  So now, luckily they have the stage and  the opportunity to work on exactly what they think is needed to remedy the situation down there.  You can't keep harping on the so-called failings of the president while you continue to sit on your own hands. Very anxious to see what they have planned.

What?  Biden/CDC  ordered it stopped. He certainly hoped it would be done away with. Thank God Republicans jumped in ...  After the CDC announced that it was letting Title 42 expire, Arizona and 21 other states filed a federal lawsuit on April 3 in the Western District of Louisiana, asking a judge to stop the government from lifting Title 42.  The facts are very glaring in regard to who caused the problems at the border.

Biden has done everything he can to encourage migrants to come to the border.  He got his way, no more wait in Mexico, more will pour across the border.

Do you feel Biden has done anything to help slow the historic flow?

I did not sit on my hands, I voted, as many did.  And, I am certainly unwilling not to share what I read and glean from the media.

I don't think the president had any cooperation from Congress to actually do the work. I don't think our Congress does much work of any kind. They blather on about issues that are inconsequential.  It's much easier to get people all riled up about transgenders and it's free by the way then it is to actually work on real legislation that affects the border, crime and inflation. I don't know why people don't see that. 
                The border policies that were struck down by the court were always going to be struck down by the court, it was just a matter of time. So now the Republican majority will have the opportunity to put forward ideas they have. Of course all those ideas won't be accepted in totality but I certainly will hold them to good faith negotiation toward hammering out bipartisan legislation.  Like I said, get to work. Let go of the culture wars and do something toward what the American people have identified as important.  It doesn't matter at this point what President Biden has done or not done in the past, the ball is in the Republican court right now. The focus is on what they will do.

Well, he has had the majority and still does until Jan 3. We already are in a culture war.

36. abwilliams profile image69

GOOD!
    I don't care if nothing else gets done, until the corruption of the nasty, swampy swamp which is Washington D.C. is dealt with, once and for all...nothing of substance/of merit can ever get done again. Nothing else should matter to the citizens of this country, until D.C. is fixed or can begin to get fixed.
    We must take our Country back and this is where it starts!
    Contrary to popular belief, it IS a Republic that we have here; one which is of, by and for the People!!!
    Take it back,
    take it back,
    take it back!

I don't understand this kind of thinking.  Republicans have been complaining endlessly about the border, crime, and inflation but now you're willing to set all that aside so we can look at Hunter Biden's laptop??  Progress in terms of kitchen table issues all rest on Hunter Biden? Oh my.  That's a classic "hey look over here.". I'm expecting these fools to get cracking.  I guess we should have known though they really didn't run on a platform of fixing anything they complained about.  I don't know if I have much faith in Mr McCarthy wrangling the clown car caucus either. They're already out front and center.

You don't rebuild on rubble. First, you must remove the rubble.

OMG --- who in the hell has indicated that Republicans won't handle the pressing problems, but you?

Maybe we should wait and see how they do... I realize some live for "if come", but come on.

We have a president that could really be compromised by foreign dealings. There is tons of physical evidence that need to be considered, and first-hand witnesses to talk with under oath. If the Biden's are innocent they will be found innocent. At best consider at least in this investigation there are physical documents live first-hand accounts. This is refreshing to me. The bunch that's in there now, sought to accuse Trump of crimes, and then look for evidence. Which thus far was second-hand BS, with no documentation or physical evidence of wrongdoing.

How in the world could you dismiss all that we have seen in regard to the Bidens? 

One thing I have always noted, most here admit to their party affiliation. I have always appreciated this about users here.  Calling names, always belittling all that is Republican. Why?

Again let's let the other 78 senators handle legislation, and let's at best let them be seated in Jan before belittling them. This new majority has so much to clean up. I have in all my years never witnessed such a mess, such destruction in such a short time. I am willing to wait and see what the new majority does with this mess.  Tossing stones at them before they are even seated...  Why go there?

They are out in front of the cameras already today talking about what they're going to do. There is nothing on crime. Nothing on inflation and nothing on immigration. They spoke in depth about investigations though. Just saying, maybe they should talk about some of the things they have complained about over the last 2 years. I'll be waiting on it.   And yes, I have very little respect for the Freedom Caucus. 

The Republicans have a house majority. This is their time to shine. This is their opportunity to fix and address everything they've complained about. Why push the legislative responsibility off to the Senate?

As I mentioned in another comment it is the House that works on bills and legislation. So, you may want to worry less about what makes it to the Senate, and what bills they will most likely kill.

Kevin Macarthy is front and center doing his job letting Americans know they will tackle the problems of the Biden administration. We know many of us Republicans are on board with the JCto investigate the many glaring problems that have occurred over the past few years. To make sure Gold Star families get answers, to make sure we have a president that is not in any way compromised by his family's business dealings. And yes, many Ameican want answers in regard to COVID.

This is their time to shine.

Absolutely not, I'm expecting them to craft bills that have bipartisan support.   No excuses.

As we all agree the border is a problem and needs addressed, do you feel that anything that does not encourage unlimited immigration at American cost will pass Democrat support? 

No?  Then how in the world can Republicans propose an honest bill with bi-partisan support?  Take it from Democrat playbooks?

Fact of the matter is that our government is so polarized, so filled with hate that there is no bipartisanship for anything and no possibility of it.  It is a rare bill indeed, proposed by either side, whether good for the country or not, that can garner wide support from both sides of the aisle in DC.  Perhaps if we arranged congressional seating alphabetically rather than by party it would help.

Let's see what they put forward.   Certainly Democrats won't agree with all of what they put forward but I want to see real effort toward bipartisan cooperation and compromise. I won't accept excuses or anything less. The fact that you  you can't get everything you want is not an excuse to sit back and do nothing. Some progress is better than no progress. I'm happy with this house majority because it gives Republicans the opportunity to show us what they can do on the issues that the American people have identified as very important to them

And I'm telling you that you will see no effort at a bi-partisan effort to solve any of our major problems.  Not the border, not inflation, not the recession, not abortion, not gun controls.  Nothing major at all.

And it won't be because of republican foot dragging; it will be because no one on the hill is interested in compromise or working with the "enemy".  At best it will lose them their job, and that job is more important than the country or the people in it.

37. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

David Weiss, the US Attorney in Delaware, has lead  the investigation of Hunter Biden which dates back to as early as 2018.
    It hasn't come up with anything. Yet we need to continue, more committees, more investigations?

Are you okay with the current President of the United States selling us out to China? You don't think that needs to be investigated? How can it be properly investigated, with all of the rubble which is in the way?!?
      As has been laid out, it is one thing that China is buying acres upon acres of farmland here on American soil, it is quite another if the Biden's are sending American energy to China.
      I am always about the American people first, this Country first, I would think that every U.S. citizen would be?!?

I would have expected some commentary about their specific plans to address issues in our country that impact us all on a daily basis. But there wasn't a word on any of it.  They can investigate anything and everything until the cows come home. I don't really care but I want to see some action on all of the issues they've been complaining about.
        Time to get to work

It will come, first things first.

Republicans need to move quickly. They have two years in which they will be judged on. If 2024 rolls around and all they have to show for those years are investigations without any meaningful legislation, it will not bode well for them.   I want to see them juggle as much as a single working  mom with kids does every day.  Chop. Chop.

Faye: This is the typical "What about" syndrome that republicans like to pull off when they are in power.  It's shades of Benghazi and Hillary. 

Three years of grueling investigations by the republicans and 70 million dollars later and the conclusion was she was not guilty.  They want to impeach Biden, but they don't stop to realize, they get Kamala Harris as president.

They love conspiracy theories, they make everybody think the person is guilty without any proof.  Hillary was guilty until the committee got tired of trying to prove it. 

This is nothing more than payback and deflection for the Jan. 6 committee and Trump.

1. profile image69

No, they need to impeach that racist wrench harris too. biden should have been impeached when he was VP under obama.

How hypocritical. I need not mention the many investigations and impeachment your party conducted in the past years. Too much energy, and a waste of time.  Oh, how many of their investigations produced the outcome they hoped for? Zero

Sweep, sweep, then get to chop, chopping. smile

3. Sharlee01 profile image81

Yes, you are correct. What is odd, we need to move equally as fast as it took this current administration to tear America down and cause such problems to occur.  It will be harder to mend than it was to tear apart.

Again it's the House that sets forth bills, and worry not we have 78 senators to due the work in the senate while the JC does what they were set forth to do.

Republicans have been all over the media sharing what they will be tackling. Especially Kevin MacCarthy. After all, he is their spokesman.

I think we can all agree we want to see action on all the many problems that plague the nation. They can't truely get to work until seated.

Well then they probably shouldn't be all over media today discussing the various investigations they have planned out.
            If they've got time to plan that then they certainly have time to address the pressing issues of the country that they have been complaining about over the last 2 years.

Me too.

I thought you were concerned with the border???

Here is where I commented with Me too... The context just matters.

AB ---  I am always about the American people first, this Country first, I would think that every U.S. citizen would be?!?

Me too.

Not sure how the border fits into the AB statement or my --- me too.

So has the FBI, as well as the DOJ. AS well as the Judicial Committee. Or should it all be overlooked due to coming from  Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Chuck Grassley?

"FBI Possesses Significant, Impactful, Voluminous Evidence Of Potential Criminality In Biden Family Business Arrangements
      Grassley seeks specific records from FBI related to Biden deals with foreign nationals and companies connected to the communist Chinese regime

WASHINGTON – Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Chuck Grassley is calling on the FBI to produce specific records in its possession indicating potential criminal activity in the Biden family’s foreign business deals. It remains unclear whether those FBI records, which have been reviewed by Grassley’s investigative staff, have been shared with the Delaware U.S. Attorney’s Office as part of its ongoing criminal investigation into Hunter Biden.

Since first raising concern about bias by senior leadership and a double standard by the FBI in politically sensitive investigations, numerous whistleblowers have made legally protected disclosures substantiating these concerns.

“Notably, the Justice Department and FBI have not disputed the accuracy of the allegations that I have made public since May 31, 2022. The Justice Department’s and FBI’s continued silence on these matters is deafening and further erodes their credibility. Simply put, enough is enough – the Justice Department and FBI must come clean to Congress and the American people with respect to the steps they have taken, or failed to take, relating to the Hunter Biden investigation,” Grassley wrote in a letter to FBI and Justice Department leadership as well as the Delaware U.S. attorney.

In the letter, Grassley attached a contract, signed by Hunter and James Biden and three other business associates. The contract was part of an arrangement designed to funnel $5 million from the Chinese communist government-connected CEFC to Hunter and James Biden to compensate them for work done while Joe Biden was vice president, according to an FBI interview summary of Tony Bobulinski. But other records held by the FBI reveal frustration by the Bidens about CEFC’s payment being delayed. Records previously released by Grassley and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) show James and Hunter Biden ultimately profited from a $5 million payment from a company connected to CEFC via a separate arrangement.

Other records held by the FBI shed light on Hunter Biden’s business and financial relationship with Burisma owner Mykola Zlochevsky. These documents include specific details about conversations by non-government individuals relevant to potential criminal conduct by Hunter Biden. These documents also indicate that Joe Biden was aware of Hunter Biden’s business arrangements and may have been involved in some of them. It remains unclear whether the FBI took appropriate steps to follow up on this information or passed it to the Delaware U.S. attorney’s office."

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/ne … rangements

Do you feel This should all be overlooked?

Sharlee: Unlike civilian courts where one is innocent until proven guilty.  Congressional investigations on both sides of the aisle start out with the person(s) presumed guilty until proven innocent. 

They are more like conspiracy theories where the conspiracy continues until there is die hard proof, or they simply fade away, like Trump with Obama being born in Kenya or Hillary and Benghazi.

They can do investigation after investigation. I'm not really concerned with that but when it is the first thing out of their mouths as soon as they get the majority I call it into question. The first thing out of their mouths should have been their plan for crime, inflation, immigration reform. They have complained incessantly for 2 years about these issues and now that they have some ability to do something all they're going to talk about is investigations? I don't think so.  That's not going to cut it

It is clear to me Kevin MacCarthy came out with good speed and laid out what the new House would be doing in regard to inflation, the border, crime, drugs, and lots more.

You did not answer my question.  Should our law enforcement as well as the JC ignore all that Grassley has made them aware of?

I stated they can go ahead and do whatever investigations they want to do and we'll see what comes out of them. Mr Grassley does not seem to be of clear mind due to his advanced age but we can certainly see what comes out of it. I would think that they had better get quickly to the point how all of their investigations relate to our president though because Hunter Biden is not an elected official so I don't really care much about what he's done.
            I haven't heard a word from McCarthy on any real issue that affects us out here. At this point it doesn't even look like he has enough votes to gain the speaker position.  That is another reason why it was so surprising that these individuals would come out so strongly today detailing the numerous investigations they were going to undertake..  but if Hunter Biden's laptop appeases people then so be it I guess.   We won't hear about the border or any of those other issues for the next two years.

As I said we need to see if his Dad Our president was involved in Pay to play, as well as indite his son if he broke the law in any respect.

Last week I  caught McCarthey on several media shows.

And if they find that President Biden has no connection to any wrongdoing?, how many will make excuses and conspiracy theories for why a connection wasn't found? These things go nowhere. We're in a society today that honestly has very little sense of Truth.  Facts are twisted in whichever direction people want them to go.   Politics has sort of become reality TV. The real issues of the country cannot be solved by most of these fools.

Well, I think Biden could fall into a proverbial hole in the ground due to never-ending investigations. He will have company in the hole, that would be Trump. 

I agree -  " We're in a society today that honestly has very little sense of Truth.  Facts are twisted in whichever direction people want them to go."

38. abwilliams profile image69

It's the only way, as far as I am concerned, Sharlee.
    After all, we are ALL in this together!!
    Thanks for always fighting the good fight.
    I don't know how much popping in I will do over the next week +
    I will be traveling.
    So, just in case, Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all of my HP friends!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)