Mass Media Manipulations

1. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 7 years ago

Quotes from Media Manipulation

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 7 years ago

Mr.Mike, I read your long comments about Mass Media Manipulations.  Long enough to forget the first para while going to the last para. 
    Such manipulations occur in my country India also. Some 4 years back, the editor of a leading English newspaper defied the government instructions.  Some always fear for loss of prestige and popularity. Mass media indulges in manipulations which threatens the political ambition of some politicians. They even comment on film stars adversely and bring down their career, after spoiling their future personally.  Some newspapers are religious and caste-oriented.
    For example, a Tamil poet Kannadasan, who wrote thousands of film songs and religious songs and reached every corner of South India died in 1985.  The same day,  a musician called Madurai Mani Iyer also died. His contribution cannot be underestimated. But his music reached the ears of only a few in the higher strata of society.  The leading English daily, calling itself  "National newspaper" reported the death of the musician on the first page as "Madurai Mani Iyer passes away" in a separate column.  The death of the poet was reported as "Kannadasan dead".  But this sort of selective reporting has no takers here in South India.  The popularity of the poet remains.  All have forgotten the other.

3. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 7 years ago

Yeah you sure have to read between the lines sometimes Venu.  Or do your own research, which sometimes brings up a completely different story.

I just copied that from the front page of the web site.  All the reports are from journalists or former journalists.  Some of it is amazing.