jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Should ex Gov Haley Barbour pardoned 214 criminals?

1. 910chris profile image73
    910chrisposted 4 years ago

On January 9, 2012 Republican Governer Haley Barbour pardoned 214 convicted criminals from prison. Some of these men were killers, others were rapist; but today all are now free men. What has happened here? Are they really reformed? Should they be free?

1. profile image0
      idratherbeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

At the very least the families of the victims should have been notified of the pending releases. Are they really reformed? Who knows, but I can't imagine killers and rapists under any circumstances being released.

910chrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

5 of them were trustee's who worked in and around his house! He acts like all should be forgiven because one guy served 8 years for a 20 year sentence. Thank God he didn't run for president.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Felons, not just lawbreakers. No. He had no right to take the law into his own hands. If he wants to pardon people he should apply for a job on the prison review board or whatever it is where people up for parole get reviewed.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image82
      Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Did she cite a reason that you aren't presenting so that you can bias us from the beginning against her actions?

Yes?

Ok.

It's a he.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image82

So, yes?

Um, I just put down what the news said.  So, I am presenting the same thing that is on any news station. I don't have an opinion either way.

1. Josak profile image61
              Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well this is really bad reporting then, people need more information to make a decision, for example they could have all been one week away from release or there could be several mass murderers in there.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image82

So, he gave absolutely no reason for doing this? And if he did, it wasn't reported in the news?

Or, did you casually NOT include the information?

Why don't you do your own research and figure this one out for yourself.? Or, do you just like to shoot down topic's and Hub's that don't fit in with your point of view? You are nothing more than a serial troll on Hubpages. Funny how you tell everyone on here to think for themselves, when you yourself can't figure anything out unless Ron tell you what and how to think. Evan, you didn't even know that this GOV. was a man!! GIVE IT UP!!

1. Evan G Rogers profile image82

Because you're the biased person who put up the post.

I didn't care about it until I saw your forum topic. I'm merely pointing out that you should have included the other opinion.

Oh well.

1. profile image59
                    above-and-beyondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How is he biased? Also, from reading your above post, how did you point out that he should have included another opinion? I just got here, but your ranting does seam a little strange. Sorry if I have offended you.

2. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

Unless you are prepared to dig into every case you are really just saying criminals never deserve a second chance.

3. profile image61
    kdawsonposted 4 years ago

A  sorry business, but it is the way its been done for years.  Barbor seems to have gotten a little carried away.

4. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago

The only reason why a prisoner should be pardoned is if he or she was wrongfully convicted, not just heause they worked at the Governor's Mansion.

working